What did you buy today?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tracii

Where did you find the towels?
They would be perfect in my guest bathroom.

Orchid

They are from a german online retailer. See www.bader.de they only deliver to a few EU neighbouring countries. With google image search perhaps you can find something similar in US.

Tracii

Thanks Orchid I'll check that link out.
I'm sure I can find something close to that design here.
I had remodeled that bathroom and painted it in an antique white almost almond color and that color and design is just what I was imagining for it.
Something light and flowery anyway was my goal.

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
Absolutely hideous "house" shorts - that are sooo comfy!!! They make my huge ass look flat, make me totally shapeless but it is worth it for computer gaming time =p

plushkitty

Absolutely hideous "house" shorts - that are sooo comfy!!! They make my huge ass look flat, make me totally shapeless but it is worth it for computer gaming time =p
Hahaha, I have a pair of old stretch cotton capris like that! I rarely wear them outside the house, and when I do it's just to places like the grocery store or a fast food joint, because they're pretty ugly. But so comfortable!

Tracii

Glad I'm not the only one with ugly comfy shorts and pants.
I wear them gardening or cutting grass but never out in public LOL

DragonFly

Ahem Prema
Staff member
Global Moderator
DM Supporter
I made one of those middle of the night purchases that I blame on a combination of tiredness and being weak. Chanel came out with a new fragrance. Yup bought it just from a description....ugh I need more self control.

Tracyarts

No photo. But a dark blue stretch denim A line maxi skirt from Jessica London.

Both Jessica London and Roaman's or Woman Within used to sell the same style of skirt, but they're out of production right now. I love them because they've got all the normal jean pockets, a comfortable fit, and are long enough to be just above ankle length on me. I prefer them to jeans, since jeans rarely fit my body well.

Anyway, I found one in like new condition on eBay for a great price and ordered it, because all the ones I've got from years past are looking faded and worn.

Except the white ones. I got two white ones 75% off when they were discontinued with intentions of dyeing them. Well, the fabric is mostly cotton and will take dye. But the stitching is polyester and will stay white. So, that's something that I didn't plan for... so until a better idea pops into my head, they're staying white.

Orchid

To Tracyarts. The crafts shops might have a textile pen to paint the white nylon stitches.

Tracyarts

To Tracyarts. The crafts shops might have a textile pen to paint the white nylon stitches.
That's an idea to make the stitching decorative.

But I just found out that Rit came out with a new dye for synthetic and blended fabrics that I'll try. It may take a little lighter on the stitches but that won't be a problem.

DragonFly

Ahem Prema
Staff member
Global Moderator
DM Supporter
Candles...always candles... Yankee Candle suckers me in every time with those coupons..... I now have all the fall fragrances.

Cynthia

Lately, I've been collecting nutty-looking reading glasses from the dollar store ... translucent pink, turquoise, red, purple, black with gingham handles, orange with flowered handles, etc. My office clothes tend to be fairly boring and neutral, so this adds a little levity.

DragonFly

Ahem Prema
Staff member
Global Moderator
DM Supporter
I am now the proud owner of new dishtowels I figured five or six years was a good life span time for new ones. My life is so exciting.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
I am now the proud owner of new dishtowels I figured five or six years was a good life span time for new ones. My life is so exciting.
Do they actually dry things? A lot of the dishtowels we've gotten in the past decade seem to have some sort of anti-stain coating which incidentally stops them from doing their main job, getting the water off of dishes :doh: After going through the wash enough times they get better, but we look at new dishtowels with very suspicious eyes before buying now.

DragonFly

Ahem Prema
Staff member
Global Moderator
DM Supporter
Do they actually dry things? A lot of the dishtowels we've gotten in the past decade seem to have some sort of anti-stain coating which incidentally stops them from doing their main job, getting the water off of dishes :doh: After going through the wash enough times they get better, but we look at new dishtowels with very suspicious eyes before buying now.
I hate the ones made out of terry cloth, and go for a woven type of towel. I am very happy with the ones from William Sonoma. I also never put fabric softener in the wash or use a fabric softener sheet in the dryer. That makes a big difference.

Tracyarts

This cotton voile patchwork tunic from Funky Stuff.

And these shoes from Spring Step to go with it.

I love green. The prints used on the top takes me to a happy place. And the whole thing has a kind of a 70s retro vibe to me. I'll wear it with skinny leg jeans. Wish I had a brown fringed crossbody bag that matched the shoes. I'll have to look for one. It's a good hot climate Fall look I think.

Latest posts