What did you buy today?

Discussion in 'Clothing/Fashion' started by Suze, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Jun 11, 2018 #5001

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

Congrats Babs, looks great on you! (And if you do wear it in public I suspect that the reaction may be little to none -- you look so natural in it that I doubt many people would react differently than to you in anu other outfit)

§~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'd made my first ever Etsy purchase a while back, as a 'it will be a belated birthday gift by the time it arrives' for my wife. The skirt finally came last week, and it fit perfectly. I'd been pretty nervous about that (although somewhat re-assured when the creator had responded to my size question by mentioning that she is a 2X herself).

BountifulBabs likes this.
  2. Jun 12, 2018 #5002

BountifulBabs

BountifulBabs

BountifulBabs

Thanks! I hope so! It feels comfy.

I can totally understand that. I have a little fear every time I shop online. I'm glad to hear it fit her!

3. Jun 13, 2018 #5003

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

Ahem Prema Staff Member

Two more pairs of glasses. The Dr finally got a prescription that seems to work for me. Love shopping for the glasses on line. I now have 4 pairs of glasses for what a frame costs at the optometrist!

LeoGibson and AmyJo1976 like this.
  4. Jun 13, 2018 #5004

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

Ahem Prema Staff Member

Super adorable and very flattering! (Whole whistle ) don’t forget the sun screen

5. Jun 13, 2018 #5005

AmyJo1976

AmyJo1976

AmyJo1976

Go for it! It looks great on you! :)

6. Jun 13, 2018 #5006

LeoGibson

LeoGibson

LeoGibson

Slangin'

I’m looking to buy another pair of glasses myself. Can you share where you found a good online deal?

BountifulBabs likes this.
  7. Jun 13, 2018 #5007

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

Ahem Prema Staff Member

I’ve used ZenniOptical with good luck. I’ve been using them for the past 5 or 6 years. This time I tried a new one Zeeloo (both just .com)

LeoGibson and BountifulBabs like this.
  8. Jun 14, 2018 #5008

BountifulBabs

BountifulBabs

BountifulBabs

I've heard so much about eshakti. How is the fit of their dresses?

9. Jun 14, 2018 #5009

BountifulBabs

BountifulBabs

BountifulBabs

I've used Zenni and can also attest to them as being a good place to get glasses.

LeoGibson likes this.
  10. Jun 14, 2018 #5010

BountifulBabs

BountifulBabs

BountifulBabs

I bought this cute necklace to match a headband my brother got me for my birthday.

Attached Files:

Orchid likes this.
  11. Jun 14, 2018 #5011

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

Another one of my beloved patchwork tops from Funky Stuff. I think this one will look great with darker denim jeggings.

20180614_020009.png

BountifulBabs and DragonFly like this.
  12. Jun 14, 2018 #5012

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

Ahem Prema Staff Member

I just love your style!!! I’m in the middle of a style crisis, I’ve started to feel a revival of my goth days. But still love the boho vibe.

13. Jun 14, 2018 #5013

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

I have a few goth-ish outfits left, and one that I could wear to goth night at a club. But I can only wear them in cooler weather.

Boho clothes do work really well for a hot and humid climate. For about 7 months out of the year we have daily high temperatures above 80F. Cotton peasant clothes are perfect for summertime.

I like lagenlook fashion too, but for now it's mostly out of my budget. Even buying the amount of linen or fine cotton fabric needed to make those various layering pieces myself adds up to a lot of money for one outfit.

I really like bluefish clothes. But they're way out of my price range and I'm out of their size range for probably 80% of their designs. I want to work towards being able to copy their techniques and make my own similar clothes from organic cotton fabrics with block and screen printed designs. It's totally doable, but I need to get familiar with the printing materials and techniques before commiting ink to fabric.

When this new patchwork top comes, I'm going to take it and my other two cotton ones, and add gussets to the sleeves. My one complaint is that their sleeves are so narrow and my upper arms are so big, that they really some alterations work to be more comfortable.

The good thing about that, is with so many different fabric pieces going on, I don't have to try too hard to match patterns. So a couple of remnants of the same type of fabric will work fine.

14. Jun 14, 2018 #5014

LeoGibson

LeoGibson

LeoGibson

Slangin'

Thanks. I’ll check them out.

15. Jun 14, 2018 #5015

BigElectricKat

BigElectricKat

BigElectricKat

Looking for a friend!

Nacho Cheese Bugles!!!

16. Jun 14, 2018 #5016

BountifulBabs

BountifulBabs

BountifulBabs

That's gorgeous!

17. Jun 14, 2018 #5017

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

Same here, my husband and I both use Zenni for glasses. We've ordered probably 10 pair over the years, including bifocals and prescription sunglasses and never had a single problem with any of them.

18. Jun 14, 2018 #5018

Fantasist

Fantasist

Fantasist

I found the fit to be spot on. Both of the dresses I got have a bit of stretch. I have actually ordered a few more. One I just ordered has less stretch, so I’ll let you know if it comes out tight. Fitting my arms is always an issue. The cool thing about them is that if you are willing to spend $10 more they will use your exact measurements and do some other customization. I haven’t done that yet, but I think I will try it next time.

LifelongFA likes this.
  19. Jun 16, 2018 #5019

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

We went to a Ross and TJ Maxx last night (there's always a Ross and either a Marshalls or TJ Maxx next to each other...)

I found a lot of good deals, most on clearance. A large floral printed vinyl zip around wallet, on clearance. Three fragrances from The Body Shop on clearance too. A pack of face sheet masks I like, some cheap oversized sunglasses, a shirt for my husband, a bottle of cologne for him too (both marked down), and some random household items. Including a cute cotton lemon print apron with neck and waist ties that would easily fit to a size 7/8x person, probably bigger. I'm a 4/5x and it fits me with plenty of extra tie length.

I think today I'm going to try looking in a different TJ Maxx for more aprons like that, because a nice cotton apron that's supersized body friendly for $9.99 is a rare find. They had one other last night, but I didn't like the pattern as much as the one with the lemons. (It was potted succulent plants). However, if I don't find any others, it'll do.

DragonFly likes this.
  20. Jun 17, 2018 #5020

andycarter

andycarter

andycarter

I didn't buy them, but...

My business partner buys things for her friends, so I get to see some Torrid and other purchases for her and a couple common friends. There's a size 38T pair of jeans here from Woman Within for a friend who I figure must weigh 550-600 pounds. And her Torrid purchase is pretty funny. She bought two pair of panties and some leggings, each in size 0 (which is still plus size, and not the smallest size they sell) for herself and size 6 for her friend. The panties come in plastic bags that you can un-fold to see what they look like without removing them from the bag, so we can lay the size 0 on top of the size 6 for comparison :)

I'm not close enough to either of these women to see them model these underwear, but my BFF is sometimes the beneficiary of my partner's generosity, so I've seen the size 3/4 panties :D

My partner is a weight lifter and a fitness nut, so she's muscular, but she's also chubby. Not my favorite body type, but she is a hottie. She has more yoga pants than I have socks, and I do get to see those. Mmmmm.