What did you buy today?

Discussion in 'Clothing/Fashion' started by Suze, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Jun 17, 2018 #5021

Orchid

Orchid

Orchid

2. Jun 28, 2018 #5022

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

I went back to TJ Maxx and got the other apron. It will fit up to a 72" waist with enough tie length left to make a tight bow.

Here it is from the brand website: https://simply-whimsical.com/shop/succulent-apron

But it's only $9.99 at TJ Maxx.

537A1558_preview.jpeg

LifelongFA and DragonFly like this.
  3. Jun 28, 2018 #5023

Orchid

Orchid

Orchid

Very nice apron.

4. Jun 29, 2018 #5024

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

Ahem Prema Global Moderator

Insense and bliss naked body butter lol eclectic shopping

5. Jun 29, 2018 #5025

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

As soon as the paycheck dropped this morning, I ordered some random stuff from Amazon and eBay.

A pair of discontinued Torrid leggings from an eBay closeout reseller. Black with an almost batik looking celestial print. I missed out on them when they were in stores/site.

A pack of sterling spacer beads to restring a necklace with, so I can make it a few inches longer.

A discontinued nail polish shade I've been looking for since last year, it popped up as in stock on my Amazon wish list.

A couple of metal look silicone stretch wedding bands for my husband. One silver and one gold toned. With his joints so swollen, he can't get rings on and off his fingers. He said he wished there was a kind of stretch ring, and there actually is. They're marketed to be worn for sport and outdoor activities, but should work great for him.

6. Jul 1, 2018 #5026

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

I am addicted to witchbaby soap company’s products. Their soaps are fun shapes and some also look like tarot cards. I ordered a bunch of their summer soaps.

7. Jul 12, 2018 #5027

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

Two big leather crossbody purses from Ebay. Like new condition, one brown and one kind of pebble gray, big enough to hold everything I carry around now, and supposedly with long enough straps to actually wear crossbody style on a tall fat body.

I had two perfect ones from Target that I bought a few years ago that I swapped out every few days. Big bags, extra long straps, one brown and one black, but they were fake leather and the vinyl started peeling and flaking off the cloth backing at the exact same time a couple of weeks ago.

I was not happy.

But I found these two to replace them for a really good deal, so I only have to put up with a messed up daily wear purse for a few more days while they ship.

8. Jul 14, 2018 #5028

Orchid

Orchid

Orchid

Small book guide on wild flowers to identify some unknown things in my garden. Blank journal I use for art.

9. Jul 16, 2018 #5029

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

I spent my birthday gift cards as soon as I got them, lol.

From Sephora, not much. Just a couple of their store brand skincare products (a bottle of rose moisture mist, and a few little one use pods of rose overnight intense moisture face mask). And a clearance Urban Decay red lip top coat. It's supposed to add a sheer red glittery/shimmery finish to any lip color. And I had points, a coupon code, and birthday bonus for some sample size products.

From Torrid, a dressy-conservative black floral maxi length shirt dress, 2 solid color knit tops, a pair of leggings, and a bra. I also ordered a tee shirt and matching panties for the bra, but they didn't ship with the rest of my order and I wasn't charged for them. Guess they were out of stock. Maybe they'll still ship, the order status online says those items are in process not cancelled.

As far as gifts. My husband used my wish list to get me a pair of over the ear bluetooth headphones, a coin purse, a pair of yellow lens glasses to wear while using screens and monitors, and a set of 2 bent and 2 straight stainless steel drinking straws with cleaning brush (all much needed and wanted items).

I got my two Ebay purses. The pebble gray one is more of a gray-brown, but exactly what I wanted. Big, has secure zipper compartments, extra long strap, and made from a very high quality garment leather. The brown bag is unfortunately just okay. Strap is shorter than expected and it's not very well made. But it'll do for everyday use. And that's really what I needed it for.

10. Oct 7, 2018 #5030

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

I bought several chunky silver and (cheap) gemstone rings on sale recently in fall colors. I like big funky rings a lot and lucked out big time with sales.

The first 3 are from silverrushstyle.com they have to a ring size 13.5 and run really good sales all the time. Quality isn't the best but fair for the prices.

Smoky Topaz
    th_800x800x95_w0346202.jpg
    Red Ammonite
    th_800x800x95_w0262571.jpg

Color shifting dichroic glass
    th_800x800x95_w0223157.jpg

The last two were from HSN, on clearance. They went to a size 12. Quality is pretty good, but IMO only worth clearance prices.

Lower grade, heavily included amethyst
    20181006_232408.jpg

A brown banded Jasper stone
    20181006_232344.jpg

11. Oct 7, 2018 #5031

Tracii

Tracii

Tracii

Those are nice I like #3 a lot.
    I have a friend that sells stuff like this online.Everything is $5.00 so its not too bad for what you get I bought some bangle bracelets from her a while back.

12. Oct 7, 2018 #5032

Tracii

Tracii

Tracii

13. Oct 7, 2018 #5033

Tracii

Tracii

Tracii

Found these Sperrys the other day.

14. Oct 7, 2018 #5034

Tracii

Tracii

Tracii

Sorry for the double post not sure what happened there.

15. Nov 3, 2018 #5035

Orchid

Orchid

Orchid

Was shopping for clothes online ended up buying some art supplies and quilt fabrics.
    Had a delivery today of a package Yves Rocher shower gels and a fragrance Marvelous Berries very nice.

16. Nov 8, 2018 #5036

Orchid

Orchid

Orchid

Lilac waffle slippers, two cotton tops in berry and white with thin straps, Maybelline chrome highlighter in molten gold and a metallic blue pouch clutch all is from ASOS in UK.

17. Nov 14, 2018 #5037

Orchid

Orchid

Orchid

Trying to find a winter woolen cape. If anyone has seen these online in plus-sizes?
    The shop I buy online from in EU online goes up to size EU 52 for capes and I need an EU 56 or UK 28.
    USA 26.

18. Nov 17, 2018 #5038

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

Sorry but I haven’t, I love capes and they are so much more comfortable than coats. I’m thinking of having one made.

19. Nov 18, 2018 #5039

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

I would look on Etsy, a lot of sellers do custom work and could probably make whatever size you need.

20. Nov 18, 2018 #5040

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

I got another sewing machine, an "entry level" heavy duty one that was on sale for a great price on Amazon. My regular machine can't handle leather, canvas, denim, upholstery, or coat weight fabrics.

I really want to be able to work with most materials. I have several projects I'd put off indefinitely because I couldn't sew them with my dressmaker machine.