What did you buy today?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Barrett

OMG, Becky, look at his belly.
DM Supporter
Bought a new denim button-down shirt for a work trip next week.
And another cheesecake.
(buying the new shirt might have had something to do with my recent dalliance with cheesecake, maybe.)

Tracyarts

Shoes. These Arcopedico ankle boots.

8ea9eca31de635dafb3ba400d4bb8ddd.jpg

I'm just "meh" about the look of the lace but they were ridiculously cheap for new Arcopedicos and happened to be my size. And are the only shoes I can wear when my neuropathy is flaring. If I'm still "meh" when I see them in person I may stain them with alcohol inks to look like lace over marble dye or tie dye.

Corey

Corey
A bunch of clothing items for my children at H&M (huge sale going on and they have the cutest kid clothes), yoga pants at Target, antibiotics for my husband who has bronchitis, collagen powder, a phone charger, and Bluebell ice cream cookie two-step, yum.

Barrett

DM Supporter
My now nightly, for the last two weeks, whole cheesecake (frustrated with work; eating my feelings).
I'll be buying a pair of prescription eye-glasses this weekend.

Tracyarts

I did my part to stimulate the economy by spending a little bit of our government emergency "help us out" check.

I bought new skincare products (just replacement bottles of what I already use, because I was starting to run low) and a replacement brush for my face scrubber. Also a perfume (Maison Louis Marie - Bois de Balincourt, a woody-spicy fragrance). Sephora sent a 20% off coupon recently and they don't often do that. So I figured it was a good idea to take advantage of the deal and buy my replacement stuff now rather than later. The perfume was just a splurge.

Barrett

DM Supporter
Four pints of Ben & Jerry's (mostly because it was on sale; buy one, get one):
Chunky Monkey, Cherry Garcia, New York Super Fudge Chunk, and 'Everything But The...'

Also,
I recently discovered a new brand of sparkling water (I've become something of a connoisseur in recent years)... AHA.
They have eight flavors so far, and those eight are actually dual-flavor combinations... Lime-Watermelon, Blueberry-Pomegranate, etc.

The one I picked up today was Black Cherry-Coffee. This one rivals LaCroix Key Lime for the beverage-key to my heart.

op user

There is a new store offering home deliveries of household articles for emergency use - they are more expensive than a normal large supermarket. They have a minimum order of 3 €/ 3,25$. On Sundays you get the paper for free if you place an order. So I order a cheese pie for one, 2+1 free bottle of local beer FIX BEER and I got a liter of juice for free.

The juice is peach which I don't drink so it will be put on the super-market box for those in need.

Last edited:

Tracyarts

New house stuff. It looks like we are going to finally be moving some time over the summer.

I ordered two heavy duty stacking banquet chairs to use as dining chairs, the ones that came with our little kitchen table are not fat friendly and hurt me to sit on. These are wider, padded, and rated for 500 pounds.

And a stand fan. I have one, but it's old and starting to run really rough despite cleaning and maintaining it. This one is nicer, metal, a little smaller, but the rooms at the new house will be smaller.

Some houseplants too. Two tiny parlor palms, and two tiny pilea peperomia (leaves are round and disc-shaped). I have never mail ordered plants before, but the reviews were good, so I took a chance.

Oh and a slipcover for the sofa.

I still need to order some of those cube organizer shelves, and maybe a flat pack storage cabinet. And a few other little odds and ends. Mostly we're taking all our furniture and decorative things from here, but the new house has very little storage, so the cube organizers are a must.

Barrett

DM Supporter
I had to cave today and buy new, bigger pants.
I've ballooned out of my current ones during this lock-down, and gained way too much to be able to shrink enough by the time we are currently scheduled to be called back to work.
The belly wins this battle.

Edit (the next day): Wow. This didn't age well. HA! I slay me.
(lost my job yesterday, after I made this post; plant shut-down)

Last edited:

op user

I bought a long-chair - 20% off from a very decent food store that treats well its staff.

The chair is plastic instead of aluminium as I hoped for. It feels solid and is comfortable but I should use it with a (SS)BBW to check its strength - a BBW completes and improves the life of a FA.

IMG_20200509_131510.jpg

It doesn't come with a rating as other furnitures

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
I bought a long-chair - 20% off from a very decent food store that treats well its staff.

The chair is plastic instead of aluminium as I hoped for. It feels solid and is comfortable but I should use it with a (SS)BBW to check its strength - a BBW completes and improves the life of a FA.

View attachment 135949

It doesn't come with a rating as other furnitures
I have serious doubts...

nice color btw

Group builder