Quantcast

What did you buy today?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Orchid

@DazzlingAnna Great enjoy the new goodies.Years ago I used to look shopwindow Centro Oberhausen the Lingerie Shop at/near one of the entry doors.Went to look minute ago but think it closed.

Orchid

Crafts supplies at www.scrapbook.com have to stay under 22.00 euro approx usd 25.00 or pay extra tax.
So small order: 2 stencils, 2 box mixed sequins, buttons,6 single sheets paper,5 single sheets cardstock.

Jerry Thomas

I just learned that Aldi has stores in overseas. 👍
Didn't know that.
Yes, they have many stores in the US, especially in the Midwest, and many other countries as well. It's interesting to look at their advertising flyers online from the different countries and see what's available in each country.

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
Over here in Germany in the 1960s the Albrecht brothers (ALbrecht DIskont) decided to split up the stores into Aldi Nord (for northern & since 1990s also Easten parts of the country) an Aldi Süd.
Both have slightly different offers.
Going through the brochures is interesting indeed.
I just checked if i could find the LED desk lamp here at Aldi Nord too - but I couldn't. :(

Sonic Purity

Jiggle Junkie
Over here in Germany in the 1960s the Albrecht brothers (ALbrecht DIskont) decided to split up the stores into Aldi Nord (for northern & since 1990s also Easten parts of the country) an Aldi Süd.
Both have slightly different offers.
Going through the brochures is interesting indeed.
I just checked if i could find the LED desk lamp here at Aldi Nord too - but I couldn't. :(
Aldi Nord? Here in the U.S., i (at least) call it Trader Joe’s. From the Wikipedia article:
Trader Joe's is an American chain of grocery stores headquartered in Monrovia, California. By 2015, it was a competitor in "fresh format" grocery stores in the United States.[5][6] By November 2019, Trader Joe's had over 503 stores nationwide in 42 states and Washington, D.C.[1]

The first Trader Joe's store was opened in 1967 by founder Joe Coulombe in Pasadena, California.[7] It was owned by German entrepreneur Theo Albrecht[8] from 1979 until his death in 2010, when ownership passed to his heirs.[9] Albrecht's family also owns the German supermarket chain ALDI Nord,[10] to which Trader Joe's belongs. Another Aldi company, Aldi Süd, also operates in the U.S., but uses the Aldi name and logo. The company has offices in Monrovia, and Boston, Massachusetts.[11]

I remember often (as a young child) seeing the first, original store, from around when it was built. Still there in the same place, doing well (even with its tiny parking lot). For inexplicable reasons it is not Store #1 in their system (it’s number 51 right now. I recall a different number that did not end in 1).

As of a few years ago, we now have some local Aldi (Süd) stores as well. I found the one i checked out OK but not especially impressive. Very likely that Trader Joe’s is not the same as Aldi Nord in Germany, though there are likely some areas of crossover in terms of foods, policies, or something.

I consist primarily from the end processing results of foods and beverages from Trader Joe’s. It has long been the primary grocery store in my life.

op user

Two litres of orange juice at 50% off from some top quality orange grove and a litre of beer at 20% off. The bottle from a brewery that it deserves all the support it can get (as national distribution breweries go).

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
It was planned as a grocery shopping tour but things got out of hand...
Beside the usual like bread, yoghurt, juices, fruits, vegetables, meat etc. here some highlights of what else I bought:

-a kids pool for our balcony (btw the best indicator that weather will turn to rainy or/and cold pretty soon here ;))
- school cone for a neighbor's child starting school
- water bomb semi-automatic fill system (oh dear, it probably was a mistake buying this 😱😱)
- in ear headphones in red
- passion fruits.
20200822_183528.jpg

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
Very surprised you still use them. I think going digital was vital on having a well-organized photo collection. With printed ones it was so hit and miss.

I finally bought a set of two metal straws. One straight and one curved and one brush on a long handle to clean them. A perfect complement for the insulated cup I have for cold coffee made at home. to enjoy on the go.
https://vicko.gr/pub/media/catalog/product/cache/e533a51c3e37dfd2f5f0024a9a9843ae/0/0/000296790_1.jpg
Inspired by @op user 's purchase a while ago I finally bought my straws made of bamboo, including these funny little brushes to keep them clean.

20200827_174126.jpg

Reactions: Tad

Latest posts