What did you buy today?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

AshleyEileen

chunky
I ordered the following things from One Stop Plus. I was going to get them through Avenue, but this route was $10 cheaper because of a better promo code. (OSPCOUPON12 gets you $20 off $50 or $25 off $75.)

I got these tees for work.

I can never have enough camis.

I'm really hoping these fit and are a bit longer than the model shows. I got a 28 since they're a legging type deal. I'm not sure though.

I have no idea what I'll wear these with, but I thought they were cute.

And I'm really nervous these won't fit. They were only available in a 9 1/2 W and I usually get a 10. I've been wanting these for a looooong time.

I've never ordered anything from Avenue before. I don't want to have to send it all back.

I got everything for a total for $50.87 and that's including shipping!

OpalBBW

I bought new jeans. I went up a size, so my pants couldn't come with me. Oh well, I needed an update anyway! Had to fight with the Christmas crazies getting their last minute gifts... scary!

Wild Zero

ǝןʇıʇ ɹǝsn
Just ordered a Christmas gift for the girlfriend.

Looked incredible on her but the flimsy ass buttons broke off the first time she unbuttoned it, now I get to go through the joys of returning it to Old Navy online for another jacket that's just going to break. FUUUUUUUUUUU--

MizzSnakeBite

Taking a Break From Here
Looked incredible on her but the flimsy ass buttons broke off the first time she unbuttoned it, now I get to go through the joys of returning it to Old Navy online for another jacket that's just going to break. FUUUUUUUUUUU--
You can put the buttons back on with a reinforced thread. If either of you don't know how, take it to a tailor. It should be pretty cheap to fix.

IdahoCynth

Cockchafer
You can put the buttons back on with a reinforced thread. If either of you don't know how, take it to a tailor. It should be pretty cheap to fix.
Yes if the buttons just need back on that is much easier than trying to return the coat.

It seems like everything I buy anymore has buttons held on with 2 loops of thread or the button holes are fucked up and not finished so they start to come apart after the first wash.

MizzSnakeBite

Taking a Break From Here
It seems like everything I buy anymore has buttons held on with 2 loops of thread or the button holes are fucked up and not finished so they start to come apart after the first wash.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm..........I how expensive it would be to get the button holes finished. Almost all sewing machines now have a button hole function. You might think about taking some pants into a tailor to see how much it would cost to finish the holes up. I bet you could get a good deal if you brought in a bunch of stuff all at once (if you like their work).

cherylharrell

Always Mikes Big Girl
Yeah, I noticed that about buttons on coats. They're not sewed on as sturdy as they used to be. So I end up having to sew by hand on top of what is already sewed so they won't decide to come off. Not fun...

cherylharrell

Always Mikes Big Girl
Oh yeah, yesterday I went to the mall. Big mistake. I bought a cute necklace in Claires and a cute purse on clearance sale for $10 something in Ashley Stewart. I really shouldn't have spent that much on it cuz earlier after eating out lunch with a friend I bought a nice turquoise purse in Rainbow for $3.99. It's her fault lol cuz she wanted to go into Dollar General and wanted me to go with her and that's when I saw the clearance sale signs in the window of Rainbow. I had been eyeing that purse and now it was the price I wanted. I know I shouldn't have bought 2 purses in one day but I am a purse person and know when one is definitely me. My motto is never pay more than $20 for a purse or you've paid too much...

DitzyBrunette

Well, filibuster.
Re: Buttons on coats.. I have a wool peacoat that I bought at the Avenue and it was not cheap (over 100 bucks last winter) and before winter was over all of the buttons were loose. So aggravating, if we're gonna spend good money on a nice coat we at least expect the buttons to stay on! I left them loose for so long because I suck at sewing but a couple weeks ago I re-sewed them and used big black buttons on the back to reinforce them and then, clever me, added a drop of krazy glue to the thread on the back and now the buttons are extremely secure.

jewels_mystery

Urban Hippie
I made my yearly visit to the mall for the after xmas sales. Bath and Bodyworks is having an amazing sale. I hit the 75 percent off bins which had the full size lotions. I walked out of there with 14 bottles of lotion for 2.26 each!! yay. I am set for spring and summer. lol

Latest posts