What did you cook today?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Sasquatch!

A wild loser appeared!
I'm pretty sure a number of the people on this board are into cooking... So my question is....what did you cook today? Was it extravagant? Extremely Lazy?

How long did it take to cook? What did it taste like?

Is it a recipe you picked up somewhere and follow to the letter--or is it something you just made up?

Nom.

Nom.

Nom.

Albino_taters

Destroyer of Sammiches
I actually have a garden and we just picked our cucumber pickles. Made some kosher dill and bread and butter pickles today. Plus our raspberries are ripe, gonna def. make sorbet out of that tonight.

Boris_the_Spider

Been cooking a lot of late with things I've been growing in my garden. Yesterday took some of my potatoes, cut them about an inch square and roasted them, cut up and fried a bit of bacon, mixed in some of the broad beans that I've been growing and served it with a nice lemon juice/olive oil dressing over the top. Took about 30 minutes (basically as long as it took to do the potatoes) and tasted fantastic. Bacon and broad beans is a long time favourite combination of mine.

Tomorrow I'm cooking stuffed beef burgers and on Sunday I'll be making my own pasta and doing a very simple recipe with some shaved truffles. I'll also be serving my awesome lemon cheesecake as desert. No idea what I'm doing on Thursday or Friday yet, I'll see what's good at the time. Maybe some home made pizza. I love cooking, I read lots of recipe books and generally take inspiration from them and then go off into my own ideas. I'm really getting into growing my own veg as well now. My carrots are nearly ready and I can't wait.

BigChaz

His Eggy Roundness
Tonight, I will be dining upon pizza because I am really craving a pizza.

Tomorrow I will be making blue-cornmeal crusted seared scallops on a bed of seasoned sunchoke and asparagus puree floating in a Velouté made with seafood stock rendered from recently caught trout and and mackerel.

For lunch tomorrow I will be making a champagne chicken and walnut salad on a bed of field greens with a side of poppy seed bread and candied orange peel.

I like to cook.

Sasquatch!

A wild loser appeared!
Meatloaf?

I had my first attempt at fishcakes last night--I asked my flatmate what he wanted for dinner and that was his answer. Incredibly out-of-the-blue, but I can't help but be flattered in his trust in my culinary abilities.

Wanderer

Actor at Extra-Large
Kreplash.

Extravagant? Hardly. Kreplash was (as far as I know) developed by my German-descended grandmother because she never wanted to make kreplach again. (Kreplach are German ravioli. Kreplash is noodles, meat and sauce.)

How long did it take to cook? One hour. It would've taken less, but I had to wash the pot and colander first.

What did it taste like? Noodles, hamburger and cream of mushroom soup, with a bit of Old Bay Seasoning added. I like it... :eat2::eat1:

Recipe type: Learned from my mother, who learned it from my paternal grandmother. (My maternal grandmother preferred frying to boiling.)

taobear

why does this make me think of that old show HEE HAW
"HEY Grandpa what's for Dinner"

Zowie

Zowie-Zilla
I made masala omlettes for breakfast. Red peppers, green peppers, onions, cheese, garam masala, and cayenne. A little cheddar, and voila, it's delicious.

rabbitislove

24 Carrot Magic
Black bean burgers with radishes (I had some I needed to get rid of), cucumbers, celery and onions. I made them for my meat-eatin' friends and they loved that.

Take that meatloaf. What are you going to do about it? If you want to rough me up, Ill be right here. :D

BBW4Chattery

Pad Thai. Was the first meal I cooked in my new, sort of expensive, Anolon pots/pans.

Was delish. I wish I had more right now but don't feel like making the mess.

Dang rice noodles evaporate in my tummy.

Bearsy

Genuinely Disingenuous
I had a mac-n-cheeseburger.
Kraft dinner piled high on top of a cheeseburger.
So om nom.

retardia

Wow, some of you cook such extravagant dishes! I had shepherd's pie and veg last night, and then fried eggs on toast for lunch. Not exactly on par with some of your recipes!

djudex

I'm out
I'm also eating omelette on rye toast with salt, pepper and parm :eat2:

inkedinto

Breakfast today: 2 eggs over easy with 2 louisianna spiced sausage patties, hashbrowns, a small cornmeal muffin and fruit salad.. and a yummy mug of banana coffee

But I'm dying for the meals BigChaz is describing! yumm!

Sasquatch!

A wild loser appeared!
Not cooked anything today yet...but last night my flatmate managed to cook his first meal without supervision! The most delicious burritos I have ever tasted.
So proud of him.

Latest posts