What Do YOU Do To Feel Pretty?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tau

IXAMXDECADENCE
Well for me, I am just learning to think of myself as pretty NOW, not pretty, "if only"... so it has been a fun year for me as I have actually spent time and money (too much money unfortunately) purchasing things that look good and sexy even. Now, at least most of the time, when I look in the mirror, I actually do see true beauty. (wow, I said that out loud without any disclaimers -that's new for me!) Anyway, I no longer have only "granny panties", I have very sexy panties and bras and even some pretty hot lingerie. I have 3 new pair of high heels that look very hot, although I still wobble around in them as I'm not used to walking in them yet. One big thing for me that may sound silly but it has made a huge difference for me, is going to get my nails done --I love having pretty fingernails! I even got my first pedicure this year.
YAY You!!!! That makes me so happy to hear :D

Flutterby68

My Cups Runneth Over
I sing and I'm very good at it, but I have SUCH crippling stage fright I can't even do karaoke in a bar with a bunch of people I know. It literally makes me run to the bathroom to be sick.

I DO make handmade one-of-a-kind jewelry and I love it... but it's funny, I so seldom wear it. I concentrate so much on making it to sell that I forget that I'm allowed to wear it too.

ashmamma84

Om Namah Shivayah
f

Do it chick! It feels amazing. Ash, I have a question about the pole dancing. I have trouble lifting my body weight with my arms - as in monkey bars at the park are agony - would that be a problem if I wanted to do the pole dancing cos I really, really want to do it!
Not at first. I highly recommend another form of excercise in conjunction with the pole dancing for strength and stamina. You start of slowly though, so don't worry about not being able to lift your weight. There are different levels to the pole dancing; so you'd start off as a beginner with some basic pole moves. Nothing that requires advanced choreography or anything. Cause lemme tell you, honey...the shit is hard! But fun! Be prepared to sweat!

Fluffy51888

Glitter Queen
I read somewhere that this produces endorphins. I love to sing as well, when I'm feeling really low I sing a few of my favourite hymns from when I was in school and it immediatly lightens my spirit. My std 2 teacher, Sister Emmanuelle, told us that singing is like praying twice because you're using an instrument of God in the best way possible :D Thats always warmed me up inside.

Yes, I love to sing some of my favorite hymns as well! And I love that description about singing is praying twice...I'll definitley remember that the next time I'm singing. Thank you so much for sharing that with me! :)

Dmitra

Drawing down the moonpie
I'm not a real girly girl but sometimes will wear light make-up, like lip color and mascara or something. If I want to feel really pretty, though, I end up taking off my clothes and wrapping myself in a bed sheet! I think it's related to when I was a little girl playing princess with all the blankets swirled around me like a huge ball gown's skirts. *stares at the ceiling* I do wear "pretty" skirts and dresses often yet they still feel utilitarian rather than sexy. Flowy Grecian type dresses are in sort of, now, arent' they? :D

Maybe I should post this in one of the many confession threads? lol

Singing makes me feel better, as others have posted here. I don't know how much better it makes other people feel when they hear me, though, ha ha.

ESPN Cutie

Missing the South.
I love Perfume, especially sexy scents with a musky/oriential/vanilla tone. I have a signature scent that I wear everyday (Dior Addict) and the minute I put it on, I feel fierce!

I am a makeup junkie, so I love going to Sephora and getting new products or stocking up on favs. I wear makeup daily and it makes me feel great!

And I have to get my nails and eyebrows done every pay day (2 weeks) - I hate going more than 2 week with either of these things not done!

rainyday

Departed
Sleep.

Having sleep problems for the last five years (getting better) has really made me realize that the best beauty aid of all is consistent, quality sleep. When I am able to get a full night's worth and am rested I look and feel much more attractive.

Cupcake23

This is what I do to feel pretty:

Sexy underwear (preferably matching, like you Ruffie)
Dance alone in my house (I memorize the dances to 80s music videos:))
Take baths by candlelight
Wear high heels as often as possible
Spend time with men that appreciate curves
Look at old pictures of myself that I like
Touch myself :blush:

succubus_dxb

Badonk. Adonk.
I take a long lovely bath, lock myself in my room, turn up some dirty derogitory hip hop, put on frilly knickers and bra, with some heels, and strut around for a while. Seriously.

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL
Getting my nails done.. I love fake nails and I sososo hated having itty bitty bitten ones before. They just make me feel more attractive. Even though I've been having money problems lately I try to save up enough cash to have them done every other week.

littlefairywren

Wren aka ISFJ
DM Supporter
Getting my nails done.. I love fake nails and I sososo hated having itty bitty bitten ones before. They just make me feel more attractive. Even though I've been having money problems lately I try to save up enough cash to have them done every other week.
Ooh yes, I love getting mine done too. They make you carry your hands differently, more feminine somehow. Well, they do for me:)

BBW4Chattery

I just walk outside, and all the cat calls make me feel pretty. Jk jk I just masturbate. :rolleyes:
That usually makes me feel a lot of things... but not necessarily pretty. ha.

One thing I do is make what's around me pretty. Example: interviewer never called back despite saying she would and I feel totally fail, so I shop for beautiful homegoods

I might be an unemployable loser with no hope for a future BUT... I have some really pretty crap. So, you know, it's ok in the end.

tinkerbell

Go running and biking - having a good run or a good ride always makes me feel good about myself.

Wearing sexy undies and a pretty bra helps too. As does actually doing my hair and makeup :)

Punkin1024

Summer's already here!
I fuss with my hair, wear makeup (won't go anywhere without at least facepowder and lipstick), I do my own manicure. I love to use scented shower gels and lotions. Right now, I'm hooked on a Bath & Body scent from last year (don't know if they have it this year) - Perfect Autumn - Pumpkin! Love, love love it. I love to wear rings too.

DreamyInToronto

ME WANT COOKIES!!!!
To feel good I like to wash my hair and put serum in it and blow dry it straight. Then instead of my glasses I will pop a pair of contacts in and do some nice eye makeup and lipstick and try and call a friend or go for a walk.

I have about 20 different MAC lipsticks... hehehehehehehehe

MizzSnakeBite

Taking a Break From Here
oh quite a few things.......do my hair, wear make-up and jewelry, and strangely enough, I feel pretty when I give myself a pedicure. Even when no one else sees it. I know my feet are looking nice, and will get home, take my shoes and socks off and admire my feet :p . My Timneh African Grey parrot admires them too and prefers when I paint my toenails red lol, so I usually paint them red to please him. :p . He's quite irritated when I don't paint them red. lol Yeah, he's the boss. lol

littlefairywren

Wren aka ISFJ
DM Supporter
oh quite a few things.......do my hair, wear make-up and jewelry, and strangely enough, I feel pretty when I give myself a pedicure. Even when no one else sees it. I know my feet are looking nice, and will get home, take my shoes and socks off and admire my feet :p . My Timneh African Grey parrot admires them too and prefers when I paint my toenails red lol, so I usually paint them red to please him. :p . He's quite irritated when I don't paint them red. lol Yeah, he's the boss. lol
LOL, seems like there is no pleasing men.....even the male parrots now:D:

Latest posts