• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

What Do You Feed Your Feline?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatFatGirl

Why am I still here?
Dry kibble or canned? Both?

I thought a high quality mostly protein diet was the way to go, so I've been giving my girl Nutra brand Natural Choice dry food in the morning and the same brand canned in the evening. The loose poo to diarrhea-esque poo has been an ongoing issue since the first day of switching her food which as I understand it is fairly normal for awhile when kitty's diet changes, but I'm starting to feel there may be no end to this. As recommended on a kitty forum, I've given my kitty a teaspoon or so of natural pumpkin with her canned meal to help firm things up, but this doesn't always make much of a difference. The folks on that forum are mostly canned food or raw food devotees. They encourage these diets. They agree my cat's poo situation doesn't sound normal.

I emailed my vet with a long message saying all of the above and the reply was to wait until all of her food changes are complete and see if the loose poo is still an issue before bringing her in. She's still getting a bit of her old brand of dry food today, but she is essentially switched. The vet said to keep an eye on her behavior and make sure there's no blood or anything else in her poo (all of that is fine), but lastly she asked why I wanted to switch her food to canned? :doh: After the nastiness I cleaned from the box and then had to clean from my long haired kitty's rear end this morning, I'm starting to wonder myself.

If the vet - though probably not the vet directly - doesn't know of the benefits of canned food, are there really any? My last cat had to be put down at 14, which isn't exactly a late age for cats. She had kidney disease though and was peeing regularly a very sick kitty's watery pee on our rental apartment carpeting. She only ever had dry food and apparently, like most cats, never drank enough water.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions or feel strongly one way or another about this?

Anyone read through all of this and really only come to Dims for the naked fat chicks? Didn't think you'd be reading about cat poo here, did you? :)

Latest posts

Back