What do you wish they knew?

Discussion in 'Daily Living' started by Paul, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Mar 19, 2008 #61

Green Eyed Fairy

Green Eyed Fairy

Green Eyed Fairy

Keeps on dancing

I'm kinda OCD myself...among other little oddities. I hate crowds....and being in crowds. It would make my day if people DID go out of their way NOT to sit next to me.

OMG....have I mentioned how ANGRY I can get sitting in a movie theatre and people sit next to us/me.....or ~EGADS!!~ dare to sit In Front Of....ME!!!!! :p

I consider someone blessed if they have enough space without being crowded by strangers ;)

2. Mar 19, 2008 #62

Just_Jen

Just_Jen

Just_Jen

Woot!

aww bless you! i just get really embarrassed on the work time buses when people are stood up and the only seat available is next to me yet no one will sit there, i mean how stupid would i look!

i know what yu mean about cinema though! the other day i went to the cinema and there was about 6 people in the whole place and two people came in and sat in front of me. i mean how fricken rude!!

3. Mar 21, 2008 #63

Kajun Kat

Kajun Kat

Kajun Kat

I would stretch out, put my legs up and enjoy my ride home LOL

Screw those people, I'd sit by you and probably start a conversation :D

Oh wait you don't want me to sit with you because I have a fat bum too LOL, ok so I'd stand by you and at least treat you like a person ;)

4. Mar 21, 2008 #64

sweet&fat

sweet&fat

sweet&fat

My aim is true.

I've experienced this on the subway here in NYC as well, even in the "new" trains that are extra-roomy for ample american asses. However, given the premium on space during rush hour, people have then braved it and I've seen how surprised they are when they actually fit! Perhaps they have poor depth perception. :)

5. Mar 21, 2008 #65

Just_Jen

Just_Jen

Just_Jen

Woot!

heheh you could sit, i dont mind friendly people to sit!
    the woman that sat next to me the other day was giving me evils because she couldnt fit on the seat :\

Sweet & Fat - you have bigger trains, thats cool! our bus seats are pretty small i think! haha id be suprised at being able to fit on a seat with another big bumbum!

6. Mar 22, 2008 #66

ThikJerseyChik

ThikJerseyChik

ThikJerseyChik

Sweet & Salty ;)

Amen sister! You said a MOUTH full!!! :)

7. Mar 22, 2008 #67

ThikJerseyChik

ThikJerseyChik

ThikJerseyChik

Sweet & Salty ;)

OMG ya mean I am OCD??????????????????????????????? :eek: :eek:

We just went to see "Fools Gold" on Sunday, there were 7 of us in the entire movie theater....and not only did some weirdo come and sit RIGHT next to us...but an older couple staggered in right in the middle of the first few minutes of the show and sat directly in front of us...took them about 10 minutes to get settled "pop, move over, your elbow is poking me, stop whispering, everyone can HEAR YOU" I wanted to kick the seat...how exasperating....WE got up and moved! :doh:

8. Mar 22, 2008 #68

Just_Jen

Just_Jen

Just_Jen

Woot!

hahaha im suprised you didnt hit them with your bag or something!

when it happened to me i had the best seats in the place and had made myself a sofa (lifted all the arms up :D) and i sooo wasnt moving one muscle in my fat ass!! haha :D go you for taking the incentive and moving! i just sat and moaned about them haha

9. Sep 24, 2019 #69

Colonial Warrior

Colonial Warrior

Colonial Warrior

Very Nice response!

10. Sep 24, 2019 #70

Colonial Warrior

Colonial Warrior

Colonial Warrior

We the fat people have the same professional capabilities and the same will for as thin people!

11. Sep 24, 2019 #71

John Smith

John Smith

John Smith

I'm not into this category but:

1 - Stop bullying bigger children jusy because of their size.

2 - Unless you undertake some kidney transplant and that the giver used to be an overweight person with some severe eating binge issues, obesity is not a contagious... matter-of-factly, that is not even an ailment whatsoever. Stop treating people fitting into such range of size as if they were leperous. If you'd post-Flower Power arse had learnt how to not treat both VIH-stricken and neuroatypical people like subhumans, you can certainly does for bigger people as well.

3 - If your entire prejudices about bigger people are based upon Disney animated movies (let alone Disney movies all short, seems how they treated Thor and StarLord in their latest bestselling Marvel flops) , tabloid magazines, Aryan-looking dolls, high-school Alpha B***es dolls and social medias, then perhaps you should consult a therapeutist.
    Sincerely, do it. That's not healthy.

4 - Stop quoting XTina or pre-2009 Rihanna or (even more bonier) 2015-era Rihanna as models of extreme thinness to follow, we're in the brim of the New Twenties for Bast's sake! Even XTina gets XXLTina at some point and if that foolish manager of hers hadn't publically threatened to ruin her career, she would be the first (alleged) high-skit gainer in the showbizz game today.

5 - Leave your seat to the nearby morbidly obese person while being in a public transport vehicle... except if he/she's a jerk. I am never kind with jerks.

6 - Hush, Bill Maher. We don't care about your opinion, your poor aging devil.

7 - Remember: these young female feedees are oftentimes the most insecure, emotionally stunted people in the game... even when they confidently claim everything is okay, nothing is okay.

8 - Hush, Azealia Banks. You're not skinny anyway and has going to get fat very soon, then stop hollering out about Rihanna's size.

9 - Just let people being themselves (unless they're Kevin Spacey, Bill Cosby or Donald Trump) .

12. Sep 26, 2019 #72

Shotha

Shotha

Shotha

I know what I wish people who work in B&T stores and other stores that stock menswear in larger size knew about fat people. I wish they knew that we want the same sort of clothes that everyone else can buy. I don't like being told, "Yes, sir, we have that in your size and in three nice slimming colours: black, navy blue and bottle green." I don't want to look slim, because it's not what I am, I'm happy being fat and I manage to get dates without looking slim. It particularly annoys me to be offered nice slimming colours by sales assistants in B&T stores.

Colonial Warrior likes this.
  13. Nov 15, 2019 #73

Marshmallow Minotaur

Marshmallow Minotaur

Marshmallow Minotaur

Short fat bear

I see wut you did there. :D

14. Nov 15, 2019 #74

Marshmallow Minotaur

Marshmallow Minotaur

Marshmallow Minotaur

Short fat bear

I can’t add much more other than to say I wish people wouldn’t think I don’t like myself. I like myself very much. I’m not on a self-destructive mission, or have a death wish. I finally discovered myself, and that is being a fat man who finds himself sexy and wants to get fatter. It’s my choice to not fight my body. It wants to be fat. Fortunately, as I’m getting older I’m surrounded by mostly overweight people. Getting older and fatter seem to go hand in hand.

DazzlingAnna, Shotha and Tad like this.
  15. Dec 5, 2019 #75

DazzlingAnna

DazzlingAnna

DazzlingAnna

I wish they would know that...

I don't want to talk about being fat as a kind of disease that I could easily change if I only want to and try hard enough. And been offered support on that after mentioning that is none of their business.
    "But I care about your health" - well, my health is still none of your business.

I feel insulted when I tell what happens to me when I am out as a fat woman on streets or wherever I am and they don't believe or give me a feeling it could be made up by me.

it is the truth. They yell at me, they say very insulting things, and yes, there are people out in this world they have spat on me, just bc i am fat - spat even right in my face. Happened 15 years ago but I still can remember what I felt back then.
    And when I talk about this occasion and someone shows as reaction that this might have been made up - I regret telling right away even if people should know that it happens.
    They have no idea.

Aqw likes this.
  16. Dec 6, 2019 #76

Shotha

Shotha

Shotha

I wish that they knew that fat is part of who and what I am. So, that's where the discussion about me losing weight is going to end.

DazzlingAnna likes this.