What food makes you sick to your stomach?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
I'm another who can't have eggs :( I like eggs, but now if I eat one (or even anything really high in egg) I get a wave of intense nausear several minutes later.

More broadly, anything high in certain forms of sulfur, most notably but certainly not limited to: beer, wine, and dehydrated onions and garlic as well as eggs do pretty terrible things to my gut. A lot of other foods are high sulfur but not as intense so I can have some (a lot of veggies fall into this category). Likewise too much fat. *sigh*

As for tases/textures, occasionally something too slimy or gelatinous will kind of turn my gut, but for the most part I just love food in all its glorious forms, and am so frustrated that these days my body has trouble with so much of it :(:mad::(

Goreki

Fairy tales and Woe
Eggs. Ive always hated them. Even the smell of them cooking will make me barf.
Eggs for me too. I can play with them when they're all raw and happy, just not cooked. Ugh.

And I hate most seafood. The smell of a freshly cooked fish is just revolting!
Also this stuff caled bonito, which is dried fish flakes. In some japanese restraunts they insist on sprinkling it over half of what you order, especially if there's no fish in it. :rolleyes:

JulieD

Specific kinds of fish.

I know of a special kind of fish that is a delicacy in small third world countries...served with a side of CHARMING SAUCE, he will make anyone's day a delight. Accompanied with a chilled glass of Moscato...delish! :wubu: :wubu: :wubu:

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
Salt and vinegar potato chips.

Even opening the bag in my presence will make me dry heave.

luvbigfellas

Has lips like morphine
I can't stand the smell of cabbage cooking. And I'm not a big fan of the taste either.

Saoirse

Taste and smell dont make me nauseous, but lots of textures make me gag. Used to loooove Jell-O growing up, but im finding it harder to eat it. Most fruits throw me off too... love the taste, but cant get past the texture.

FishCharming

derailer extraordinaire!
there's lots of food i don't like but i dont know about making me nauseous... maybe tuna salad? the combination of canned tuna fish and mayonnaise has never been a good one for me

Kamily

And I hate most seafood. The smell of a freshly cooked fish is just revolting!
Also this stuff caled bonito, which is dried fish flakes. In some japanese restraunts they insist on sprinkling it over half of what you order, especially if there's no fish in it. :rolleyes:

Yeah now that you mention it, seafood is another one that makes me sick. UGH!

ClockworkOrange

A Voice from Catland
stuffed peppers are the worst. the smell is so toxic it makes my skin want to peel off and run away.

Reactions: mel

JulieD

omg...liver and onions... im feeling sick just thinking about it...and it smells soooo bad

ITheFire

Safety pins, dog food, magnets, pennies, toothpaste, glass shards, socks, crack, lightbulbs, dandelions...ect.

HeavyDuty24

Come on rise up
cheesecake(only if alot of packets are used) mexican and chinese food sometimes,and fast food alot of the time.italian food sometimes too.i think i may have IBS so i have to be extra careful.LOL

Cors

Delurking
Nothing in particular actually makes me heave. Lucky me!

The smell of deep fried greasy sugary processed junk emanating from chip or takeaway stores, especially when the oil is old comes close though.

The Orange Mage

♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓
Sauerkraut. Really, any overly-vinegar-ish things.

Oh, and Meat Loaf. I used to love it, but then I hit puberty and it disgusts me now, even if prepared in strange and exciting ways.

Latest posts