What food makes you sick to your stomach?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

mikey787

Any form of pungent cheese.... especially stilton or bleu cheese will make me hurl !

..... oh and fish...cant stand the stuff !!! :really sad:

Buffetbelly

Nosh, destroyer of snacks
Many of my favorite foods have been listed here! Amazing. The only one I agree with is chitlin's.

Here are the only gross foods I can think of off hand:

youknowwhatjustno_0.preview.jpg

testicle-cookbook_1002488f.jpg

Buffetbelly

Omg, when it is in a dressing, it is even scarier for me because you can't always see the blue mouldy crap. I have mistaken blue cheese dressing for ranch before..trust me, NOT pretty. :eek:

I like to crumble additional blue cheese into blue cheese dressing. Also, I love stinky cheeses. The worse the smell, the better the taste! :eat2:

Buffetbelly

Wow! You must be extremely thin!

steak, beef, hamburger (with the except of occasional small amounts of the 93% and up lean) = gall bladder attack

greasy foods and fatty foods = queazy stomach

I don't like chicken or turkey skin; any fat on meats; liver, headcheese, or scrapple; squid or octopus; mushrooms (the texture is slimy to me); green tomatoes; yellow, mild, or any types of hot peppers (strange, but I do like a slice or two of pickled mild yellow pepper on a sub sandwich every once in a blue moon)

My tummy doesn't like any lettuce that comes from McDonalds; refried beans; multi-grain anything; those little seeds that are on hamburger buns; MSG; and most local Chinese buffets :( (buying chocolate exLax would be cheaper)

Overindulging in chocolate or sweets makes me feel sick to my stomach :(

The things I'm supposed to eat, I can't tolerate very well; and what I basicly live on, I'm not supposed to be eating :(

Mishty

aluminum petunia
iskandals-isaw1.jpg

Chitterlings.

chickenliver.jpg

Chicken livers.

img915.jpg

canned-tuna.jpg

Canned fish.

I hate all fish, for the most part, but canned is the worst, well other than raw fish:

1319823020_9dc48a39de.jpg

Sushi.

Buffetbelly

On the contrary, this thread has made me very hungry! I must notify my personal chef...sweetheart, are you online? :eat2:

GentleSavage

I don't bite too much...
Mayonnaise. I've literally stopped eating something once someone let it slip that it had the white slime of Beelzebub in it. Why anyone would eat it causes me to stay awake at night.

The thought of it right now is causing me to gag.

ugh.

WillSpark

King Of The Robo-Sluts
Mayonnaise. I've literally stopped eating something once someone let it slip that it had the white slime of Beelzebub in it. Why anyone would eat it causes me to stay awake at night.

The thought of it right now is causing me to gag.

ugh.

That's odd to stop eating something that you had eaten just because of one ingredient that was apparently negligible enough that you had to be told it was there.

I mean, I never liked fish or anchovies or sardines, but I like caesar salad and that dressing has sardines in it typically. I didn't know at first, but when I learned that, it never made me adverse to eating that, because I'd enjoyed it previously. How could the simple idea of an ingredient being present ruin food for you if the taste and texture are fine and the food is safe?

WillSpark

King Of The Robo-Sluts
Because mayonnaise is the disgusting jizz of Satan, that's why.

Well, I mean, I guess it comes from never being able to dismiss any single ingredient out of hand. I try food and if I like it, I like it, regardless of or more typically because of the ingredients used in it. Mayo is no different than fish or spinach or various dressings or spreads or cheeses. Did you know it's used in lots of cheesecake recipes to add smoothness and tang? And did telling you that ruin cheesecake for you?

I can perfectly understand why mayo on it's own or when obvious would put someone off, but disregarding a food that had been no big deal to eat once you found out mayo was an ingredient? That just doesn't make much sense since the mayo clearly had no affect on the food that made you dislike it on the food's own merit. It's basically the equivalent of racism but with food.

Paquito

don't July to me
Next thing we know you'll be going off on how disliking some food dyes added to sodas/sports drinks is the equivalent of anti-Semitism.

SODA HOLOCAUST.

work.5824983.1.fig,white,mens,fbfbfb.hipster-hitler-ironic-t-shirt-3-v3.jpg

WillSpark

King Of The Robo-Sluts
I know food . . . I know what I'm talking about.

And I love when you post pictures of your creations! Do that sometime again! I love it even more than your sock pics.
And yes I understand I'll never live that down. I learned from my mistake, and corrected my facts, though, and that's all I can think to do to make it better. :p

Next thing we know you'll be going off on how disliking some food dyes added to sodas/sports drinks is the equivalent of anti-Semitism.

SODA HOLOCAUST.

I Love Juice.
Nah, I would never invoke Godwin on something as silly as this....though onions can sometimes tend to be the Hitler of foods....

JulieD

That's odd to stop eating something that you had eaten just because of one ingredient that was apparently negligible enough that you had to be told it was there...SNIP...

Because its a mental thing...

...SNIP... It's basically the equivalent of racism but with food.

If mayo...it doesn't have a race, now stop being douche-like...:rolleyes:

WillSpark

King Of The Robo-Sluts
Because its a mental thing...

If mayo...it doesn't have a race, now stop being douche-like...:rolleyes:

Hey, I said "like racism" I was drawing a specific comparison.

The example is like this:

You try food, then you like it. You continue eating it until someone says it has mayo in it.
You then respond with disgust. "Ew! This has mayo!? Disgusting!" And never eat it again.

It's like getting to know someone online, without ever seeing their face. You like them, and they seem like a nice person, so you continue talking with them.
Then you find out what they look like by picture or whatever, and find out they are Asian, and proceed to respond with "Ew. I didn't know you were ASIAN!" and proceed to block them and break all contact with them.

Those factors mean nothing to the actual situation or how the food/person is, and judging like that is stupid. Granted, it's a extreme comparison, but at the time I couldn't think of any less extreme one that was just as apt a comparison.

But now that I think of it, it's a lot like enjoying a song a lot, then finding out it's by a band you "don't like" and then you never listen to the song again. It's just stupid. Things should stand on the merits of what they are, not based on prejudice, in any situation.