what happened to everything?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

It's like this place has been totally cleaned out.

I was hoping to trip across a Susan Ivanova story where maybe she gets fattened up until she's staring the seams and buttons on a tent dress, since that actually riffs off an actual bit in Babylon 5.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Hi there,

Maybe I should have put a post here explaining, sorry. I thought putting it in the Dims Announcement board was enough but thinking about it, people don't often check there.

The Fantasy board is being merged with the Special Interests board. The stories from both boards are now on the Special Interests board. Everything is still there, it's just in a different place.

Sorry for any confusion.

rockhound225

Has Rocks on the Brain
Hi there,

Maybe I should have put a post here explaining, sorry. I thought putting it in the Dims Announcement board was enough but thinking about it, people don't often check there.

The Fantasy board is being merged with the Special Interests board. The stories from both boards are now on the Special Interests board. Everything is still there, it's just in a different place.

Sorry for any confusion.
Thank you for the clarification!

Hi there,

Sorry for any confusion.
Where is the special interest board? I don't see it.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
You need to opt in to see adult content to be able to access the Special Interest board. I can you do that for you if you like?

Some stories have
Migrated from the Weight Room Anonymous Archives
Did these stories come from another Website or all the stories from this archives just moved around on this website?

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
Some stories have
Migrated from the Weight Room Anonymous Archives
Did these stories come from another Website or all the stories from this archives just moved around on this website?
NZ Mountain Man - if you indulge in Dims Library archeology, you will notice - as with all real life excavations sites - different layers pertaining to various developments over time.

On Dimensions, the story section - starting with the old Weight Room Library and now the Archives - can look back on a history of app. 20 years which in internet terms is an aeon.

Over this lengthy time period many things have undergone all sorts of changes - from several generations of Library mods over evolving social mores and conventions to actual introduction and tightening of legislation.

Traces of many of these developments can be detected when perusing through the Library Archives. Like initially many Weight Room Stories were moved onto current Archive Boards - but since today that requires writer's consent and we often can no longer contact the initial writers or they do not give consent, that has no longer been done for some time.
Legal protection of minors has become a much bigger issue today internationally - letting Dims become more restrictive regarding content submission but also limiting access to certain content for adults only.

The latest move in the latter context indeed is restructuring the Special Interests Section and limiting access.

Nevertheless, all these changes have left the bulk of stories in Dimensions Library untouched as it has simply continued to grow over time as most Libraries do.

NZ Mountain Man - if you indulge in Dims Library archeology, you will notice - as with all real life excavations sites - different layers pertaining to various developments over time.

On Dimensions, the story section - starting with the old Weight Room Library and now the Archives - can look back on a history of app. 20 years which in internet terms is an aeon.

Over this lengthy time period many things have undergone all sorts of changes - from several generations of Library mods over evolving social mores and conventions to actual introduction and tightening of legislation.

Traces of many of these developments can be detected when perusing through the Library Archives. Like initially many Weight Room Stories were moved onto current Archive Boards - but since today that requires writer's consent and we often can no longer contact the initial writers or they do not give consent, that has no longer been done for some time.
Legal protection of minors has become a much bigger issue today internationally - letting Dims become more restrictive regarding content submission but also limiting access to certain content for adults only.

The latest move in the latter context indeed is restructuring the Special Interests Section and limiting access.

Nevertheless, all these changes have left the bulk of stories in Dimensions Library untouched as it has simply continued to grow over time as most Libraries do.
Thank you for your answers.

I agree that children need to prevented from exploring adult materials. I actually cannot remember when I first found this website whether I was Told that this is an adult site and not to enter if I was under minimum age.
It is important to protect the innocent from concepts, fantasies, and some carnal material in the writings in the Dimensions Library.My statement was I have not seen anything that is suitable for young minds. Maybe it is just me I am seeing some of the adventure aspects as deeply carnal desire based.
I would be useless at setting age appropriate guidelines and that is because I view the material as guilty pleasure.
I appreciate it is available and sadden to realise some material is becoming lost due the authors not giving Dimensions Magazine permission to rearrange the position that they are stored in the Library.

Maybe an option should be given to writers to give permission to the Dimensions Magazine to store submitted stories as times dictate without further permission required. Most authors would like to think their material is still been read long after they have passed.
s

Latest posts