What is making you SAD right now...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

That Guy You Met Once

Is there any way AT ALL you can talk to a professional, even your regular doctor because suicidal ideation and fantasy is nothing to fool around with. Seriously consider it please. Please. I've lost family to suicide. You don't know how much you mean to SOMEBODY and possibly a whole bunch of somebodies.
I have before, and I probably should again. Thank you.

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
Wow, things changed quickly in a matter of a couple days...relationship over. He couldn't get past my size. We're still friends though but it sucks it couldn't work.
What a bummer. I'm sorry it didn't work out.

Ruffie

My husband was hit while he was biking by a car who cut him off by turning in front of him (even though he had the right of way through an intersection) and caught his front tire-a hit and run. He is okay other than a concussion, broken nose, chipped front teeth and bruising and scrapes. We are monitoring a little blood in the urine for possible kidney damage with further urine tests this week. It could have been much worse but this was just one more thing in my crappy year! Especially if our insurance will not cover the medical expenses and rehab because it was after all not a motor vehicle he was in when the accident occurred but a petal bike. I know that it cost over a couple of thousand for my rehab this year after hitting the deer that they paid on my behalf and that was without a ambulance ride. So I am also concerned about how with me working part time we come up with that extra money. Anyway just going to have to pray the girl is caught, he heals well and that the universe provides for us. Thanks for letting me vent.

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
Good lord, woman. I want this year to be over FOR you.
So sorry this happened to your husband, people are assholes.

Take care, ok?

My husband was hit while he was biking by a car who cut him off by turning in front of him (even though he had the right of way through an intersection) and caught his front tire-a hit and run. He is okay other than a concussion, broken nose, chipped front teeth and bruising and scrapes. We are monitoring a little blood in the urine for possible kidney damage with further urine tests this week. It could have been much worse but this was just one more thing in my crappy year! Especially if our insurance will not cover the medical expenses and rehab because it was after all not a motor vehicle he was in when the accident occurred but a petal bike. I know that it cost over a couple of thousand for my rehab this year after hitting the deer that they paid on my behalf and that was without a ambulance ride. So I am also concerned about how with me working part time we come up with that extra money. Anyway just going to have to pray the girl is caught, he heals well and that the universe provides for us. Thanks for letting me vent.

largenlovely

Still a Fat Girl lol
DimensionsModel
Had my hair bleached blonde...tried to take it to a dark blonde/light brown and turned it purple/blonde/brown depending on which section of hair u look at :( gonna go to Sally's tomorrow to find out what to do

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
My god, Ruffie. You've been through so much. I hope things get better for both of you. Hugs.

kaylaisamachine

I'm a Little Teapot
http://www.facebook.com/#!/kaylaisamachine,
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/19703451/possible-human-remains-found-in-burned-home

My cousin was found dead last night, chopped into pieces with nothing but his head in hands discovered in black garbage bags. They are still looking for the torso and the rest of his body. He had just gotten out of prison 5 months ago after being incarcerated for 14 years. He was arrested when he was 20, now dead at 34. He just messaged me a week ago talking about how he wanted to catch up and get to know me better. Before I left for class and agreed, he said I love you and I said nothing back because I was in such a hurry. I wish I had taken the time to just say those four little words back and now I can never tell him again. Nothing like the saying "live each day like it's your last". Cherish the moments while you can, don't hold grudges. Today has unleashed a flutter of different emotions. It's not fair that he didn't even get a chance to really live life and the fact that he was killed in this way is even more tragic. I didn't think this happened in real life to people, just made up stories on television on drama cop shows. Nor did I ever expect it to happen to someone in my family. I hope he didn't have to suffer. RIP Casey. I love you.

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/19703451/possible-human-remains-found-in-burned-home

My cousin was found dead last night, chopped into pieces with nothing but his head in hands discovered in black garbage bags. They are still looking for the torso and the rest of his body. He had just gotten out of prison 5 months ago after being incarcerated for 14 years. He was arrested when he was 20, now dead at 34. He just messaged me a week ago talking about how he wanted to catch up and get to know me better. Before I left for class and agreed, he said I love you and I said nothing back because I was in such a hurry. I wish I had taken the time to just say those four little words back and now I can never tell him again. Nothing like the saying "live each day like it's your last". Cherish the moments while you can, don't hold grudges. Today has unleashed a flutter of different emotions. It's not fair that he didn't even get a chance to really live life and the fact that he was killed in this way is even more tragic. I didn't think this happened in real life to people, just made up stories on television on drama cop shows. Nor did I ever expect it to happen to someone in my family. I hope he didn't have to suffer. RIP Casey. I love you.
Oh sweetheart, I'm so so sorry. Words are just not good enough.

My deepest condolences to you and your family. I hope he didn't suffer either and that they find who did this and they're prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

kaylaisamachine

I'm a Little Teapot
http://www.facebook.com/#!/kaylaisamachine,
Oh sweetheart, I'm so so sorry. Words are just not good enough.

My deepest condolences to you and your family. I hope he didn't suffer either and that they find who did this and they're prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
I'm sorry too. :/ Thank you though for the kind words. You always say something of value to me and everyone else I am sure. Thank you for being so sweet and caring.

CleverBomb

On Space Out

Words fail.

You and your family have my utmost condolences.

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
I'm so, so very sorry to hear this. Lots of love your way, beautiful girl.

Ruffie

There is noting anyone can say except how sorry I am for your loss and to let yourself feel what you feel as you heal from this.

Ruffie

Thanks ladies for the good wishes. I too want this crap fest to end and good things to come our way. I am just so tired of having to continually cope and just want things to settle down so we can be happy. I am grateful that he was not badly hurt or killed and trying my best to just keep on keeping on.

Linda

Just Chillaxin.

I am so very sorry for your loss. Such a horrible tragedy. I too hope he did not suffer.

moore2me

Lions don't need to spank
Dear Kaylaisamachine,

The fate of your young cousin in Detroit sounded horrible. Unfortunately, I understand the future of many men is cast once they enter the prison system. He probably did not stand a chance of becoming whole again once he spent so many years of his young life in the pen.

It was good you got a message from him before his death. But, don't despair that you should have talked to him more. It is probably best that you did not. The kind of people that killed him might have posed a danger to you as well - if nothing more than to extract revenge. He kept you safe by keeping you out of the bad that killed him. I do hope that they can find the rest of his body and that they are able to find and arrest his murder(s). It is tragic that a young man lost his future and his life in such a manner. I hope you and the others in his family can find justice for him. M2M

moore2me

Lions don't need to spank
Dear Ruffie,

You are right - you have had a crappy year. I have come to the conclusion that the longer we live, the more bad things happen to us along life's route. It should be that our older years are golden and we can take it easy and enjoy retirement - no way! We have to fight and scratch out a living even harder than when we were young - but now we don't feel like doing it - too tired and used up!!!! I came to this conclusion by watching my mom, my older relatives and how I am dealing with the pitfalls of aging.

You do have some things in common with me that you can still be thankful for (I am motivating myself too, as I write this). My husband of 30+ yrs is still alive (altho somewhat damaged). He and I have most of the essentials we need, but not everything we want. We both have some sturdy relatives of sound minds and then we both have some relatives that meet neither category. We spend way too much on health insurance, car insurance, and house insurance, but I am scared not to. I have not hit a deer, but my crazy neighbors have shot across my front yard trying to kill one or two.

I certainly hope your husband gets the rehab and treatment he needs to recover from that hit & run driver's criminal act. I also hope his kidney function returns to normal quickly. (I guess Canada's free healthcare doesn't mean free all the time?) The silver lining in what you guys and my family are going thru is that it could be a whole lot worse - 100 years ago - if that's any consolation.

Ruffie

Thank you so much for your support and words of encouragement. He was at the Doctors today and had the stitches out of his lip, checked over for healing on the road rash, bruising and concussion. The tests showed no more blood in the urine so seems he only bruised his kidneys and that will heal on its own. In Canada basic medical care is covered but elective items such as massage, physiotherapy, acupuncture and so on is an extra cost. Many medications are covered by the drug plan ( you pay dispensing fee and portion and any portion not covered) and his insurance through work will cover a portion of the costs for medications that are not. We are VERY grateful that things were not much much worse and that his injuries were fairly minimal. Has dentist appointment on the 15th to look at chipped teeth and his dentist is a childhood friend of his so we should be able to pay little by little there.

This weekend as we gather with my daughter in laws family for Thanksgiving we will be very thankful that we do as you said have a roof over our heads, family and friends that love us and relative good health. Everything else can and will be dealt with. Keep fighting and scratching because when you do so it inspires others myself included to do the same. Sending appreciative thoughts your way!
Ruth