What is making you SAD right now...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

AuntHen

Chicken Whisperer 🐔
DM Supporter
My husband was hit while he was biking by a car who cut him off by turning in front of him (even though he had the right of way through an intersection) and caught his front tire-a hit and run. He is okay other than a concussion, broken nose, chipped front teeth and bruising and scrapes. We are monitoring a little blood in the urine for possible kidney damage with further urine tests this week. It could have been much worse but this was just one more thing in my crappy year! Especially if our insurance will not cover the medical expenses and rehab because it was after all not a motor vehicle he was in when the accident occurred but a petal bike. I know that it cost over a couple of thousand for my rehab this year after hitting the deer that they paid on my behalf and that was without a ambulance ride. So I am also concerned about how with me working part time we come up with that extra money. Anyway just going to have to pray the girl is caught, he heals well and that the universe provides for us. Thanks for letting me vent.
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/19703451/possible-human-remains-found-in-burned-home

My cousin was found dead last night, chopped into pieces with nothing but his head in hands discovered in black garbage bags. They are still looking for the torso and the rest of his body. He had just gotten out of prison 5 months ago after being incarcerated for 14 years. He was arrested when he was 20, now dead at 34. He just messaged me a week ago talking about how he wanted to catch up and get to know me better. Before I left for class and agreed, he said I love you and I said nothing back because I was in such a hurry. I wish I had taken the time to just say those four little words back and now I can never tell him again. Nothing like the saying "live each day like it's your last". Cherish the moments while you can, don't hold grudges. Today has unleashed a flutter of different emotions. It's not fair that he didn't even get a chance to really live life and the fact that he was killed in this way is even more tragic. I didn't think this happened in real life to people, just made up stories on television on drama cop shows. Nor did I ever expect it to happen to someone in my family. I hope he didn't have to suffer. RIP Casey. I love you.
Prayers, hugs and my deepest condolences going out to you both!!!!!

Aust99

Tonight while walking back to my car with some friends after a delightful dinner and drinks catchup some asshole yelled something out to me about "liking my fat arse" from their car as they were driving past... My friends pretended to not have understood him or maybe they didn't but it was embarrassing none the less...

largenlovely

Still a Fat Girl lol
DimensionsModel
I seem to have acquired some leeches lately. Emotional as well as people trying to sponge off of me. I'm gonna have to lay down the law and I hate having to do that because then I'm labeled as a bitch. Why can't people respect boundaries.

ButlerGirl09

Sugar Magnolia
My dog is really sick and had to be admitted to the pet ICU. She's very sick and the prognosis is guarded. This dog is like my baby and I'm really worried about her. Not to mention this is another thing in a string of bad stuff for me lately. I appreciate your thoughts, prayers, and/or warm fuzzy vibes sent my way.

That Guy You Met Once

I was going to post something, but I don't even want to complain anymore after reading Kaylaisamachine's post. Oh my God, I'm so sorry.

largenlovely

Still a Fat Girl lol
DimensionsModel
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/19703451/possible-human-remains-found-in-burned-home

My cousin was found dead last night, chopped into pieces with nothing but his head in hands discovered in black garbage bags. They are still looking for the torso and the rest of his body. He had just gotten out of prison 5 months ago after being incarcerated for 14 years. He was arrested when he was 20, now dead at 34. He just messaged me a week ago talking about how he wanted to catch up and get to know me better. Before I left for class and agreed, he said I love you and I said nothing back because I was in such a hurry. I wish I had taken the time to just say those four little words back and now I can never tell him again. Nothing like the saying "live each day like it's your last". Cherish the moments while you can, don't hold grudges. Today has unleashed a flutter of different emotions. It's not fair that he didn't even get a chance to really live life and the fact that he was killed in this way is even more tragic. I didn't think this happened in real life to people, just made up stories on television on drama cop shows. Nor did I ever expect it to happen to someone in my family. I hope he didn't have to suffer. RIP Casey. I love you.
Holy shit..omg, I missed this. I am so sorry!!!! My God how tragic. Oh man, I don't even know what to say except that I'm so sorry that this happened *hugs*

imfree

In Remembrance

You and your family have my condolences, prayers, wishes for healing and peace in this sad passing.

That Guy You Met Once

Yesterday she said she loved me and no one would ever be better than me. Today she said it won't work because I don't have enough money.

Yeah, I already posted it in the singles thread, but I just can't stop thinking about it. It doesn't make sense.

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
Yesterday she said she loved me and no one would ever be better than me. Today she said it won't work because I don't have enough money.

Yeah, I already posted it in the singles thread, but I just can't stop thinking about it. It doesn't make sense.
Emotion and logic are two different things. She could feel very deeply for you, but realize that in the long run (or even the short run) that her needs in a relationship could not be met with you. It makes sense if you separate the two. She could still care for you and not be with you. This I've learned painfully first-hand.

I mentioned to you in another thread that based on a number of posts you've made over some time, you could probably benefit from a few sessions with a therapist. I think everyone could, to be honest. One doesn't have to be sick to just sit down and talk with someone totally objective and trained to help. I strongly urge you to consider working on your own internal issues before embarking on a serious relationship again because you either will continue to attract the same type of women or are yourself attracted to them--indecisive and often distant. Self-sabotage is often unconscious and something a therapist or counselor might be able to help you identify and process. Best of luck to you.

I'm also very sorry that you are sad.

That Guy You Met Once

Thank you again.

I have talked to a therapist, but she didn't help. At the moment, I don't have enough money to find a new one. I tried Crisis Center, but having to explain everything to a different stranger each time I called was very alienating in the long run.

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
Thank you again.

I have talked to a therapist, but she didn't help. At the moment, I don't have enough money to find a new one. I tried Crisis Center, but having to explain everything to a different stranger each time I called was very alienating in the long run.
It's alienating and very discouraging. I know. It's also discouraging to not have the money and to not have a good fit with one you've tried. I'm sorry it hasn't worked out for you so far. I think if you remain open-minded, perhaps in the future an opportunity will open up for you to try again and not feel so disheartened. Truly, best of luck.

dharmabean

♥ ɢrÃ¥тıтuɗɛ
Heh. Simply put, not happy in this relationship. Could go in more depth, but meh for now.

Dromond

Old school
Jackie's grandson, Charley, son of Jason who died a couple of months ago, is staying with us overnight. He came in very upset. He misses his daddy and can't understand why his daddy is never coming back. His mom had to move them to a smaller place, and that upset him even more. He wants his daddy, he wants to go home, and listening to him cry over it all was just heartbreaking. He cried himself to sleep and has been sleeping ever since.

:(

Isa

In search of....

Emotion and logic are two different things. She could feel very deeply for you, but realize that in the long run (or even the short run) that her needs in a relationship could not be met with you. It makes sense if you separate the two. She could still care for you and not be with you. This I've learned painfully first-hand.
Exactly as CP said. While this may be painful now it probably is for the best. Take this as a lesson learned and move on.

I am preparing to support my best friend thru what will no doubt become a brutal divorce (child involved). I only wish she had been as honest with herself way back when. She knew he was not a good match long term but felt love would win in the end. It did not and ten years later reality has won.

largenlovely

Still a Fat Girl lol
DimensionsModel
This halloween will be the 20th year since my brother died. I always start getting tense when October rolls around. This month has been extra stressful without even putting that into the equation soooo...I've spent all day crying today.

I'm hoping I can relieve some tension after today and that maybe I'm getting it out. No matter how much time passes, I will always miss my little brother and grieve that he hasn't been around.

TwilightStarr

This halloween will be the 20th year since my brother died. I always start getting tense when October rolls around. This month has been extra stressful without even putting that into the equation soooo...I've spent all day crying today.

I'm hoping I can relieve some tension after today and that maybe I'm getting it out. No matter how much time passes, I will always miss my little brother and grieve that he hasn't been around.
I am so sorry for your loss :(
Hope you find things that your will brighten your days and help you get through this time, this year and every year.

largenlovely

Still a Fat Girl lol
DimensionsModel
I am so sorry for your loss :(
Hope you find things that your will brighten your days and help you get through this time, this year and every year.
Thank you ...I appreciate that. I think getting it out did help some.

20 yrs is a long time ago but when I think about it, it can still feel like it was yesterday.

moore2me

Lions don't need to spank
Heh. Simply put, not happy in this relationship. Could go in more depth, but meh for now.
Good morning dharmabean, I love the new avatar - so seasonal. By now, you know that I am not too tightly wrapped but a big friend to animals. I also noticed that you mention the Dalai Lama who I am also a fan of. I appreciate his positive attitude and his religion's peaceful ways. Now - to my reason for writing this . . . .

I am pretty sure the picture next to him is not a llama. I think it is a goat. Llama's mouth's have a loopy "W" for lips. Goats lips are almost straight across with another perpendicular line going to their nose. I have included a few pixs for examples. (The top row are llamas, the second row has a llama on the left and a goat on the right. Finally, the bottom is a goat..) Now, I know I am the pot calling the kettle black, because I dress up a silly little meerkat in all kinds of weird stuff that is whimsical. So, I understand & appreciate make believe. But, I thought you would be interested in more about ungulates.

View attachment Llama-16110.jpg

View attachment Llama-16228.jpg

View attachment Llama-16184.jpg

View attachment goat A.jpg

View attachment black-goat-in-bucket.jpg

moore2me

Lions don't need to spank
Jackie's grandson, Charley, son of Jason who died a couple of months ago, is staying with us overnight. He came in very upset. He misses his daddy and can't understand why his daddy is never coming back. His mom had to move them to a smaller place, and that upset him even more. He wants his daddy, he wants to go home, and listening to him cry over it all was just heartbreaking. He cried himself to sleep and has been sleeping ever since.

:(
Dromond,

It was very touching to hear about Charley's grief over his dad. I looked up some info on grief counseling for children and am attaching it to this post. It is too long to print directly. If you cannot open it, I will try a different route - let me know.

View attachment Dougy Grief Center For Children.zip