What is making you SAD right now...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

kaylaisamachine

I'm a Little Teapot
http://www.facebook.com/#!/kaylaisamachine,
I was going to post something, but I don't even want to complain anymore after reading Kaylaisamachine's post. Oh my God, I'm so sorry.
Holy shit..omg, I missed this. I am so sorry!!!! My God how tragic. Oh man, I don't even know what to say except that I'm so sorry that this happened *hugs*
You and your family have my condolences, prayers, wishes for healing and peace in this sad passing.
Thank you. It's been a hard couple of days, not being able to be there with my family and having them all call and cry to me on the phone has just been the worst, but I just want them to find the bastard who did it and bring him to justice. I miss him. I just wish it hadn't had happened. Thank you for the kind words though. It means a lot to me.

ButlerGirl09

Sugar Magnolia
For those of you wondering about an update on my dog Addie (i.e. Four legged child) I finally received some relatively good news! She had a blood transfusion yesterday and seems to have responded well. Today her white blood cell count dropped significantly, which indicates that there is likely an infection that the medication has been treating. Her blood glucose levels are back in the normal range and they're going to reintroduce food this evening to see how she responds. They did a test for Addison's Disease today and should know the results from that tomorrow morning. Overall, everything appears to be treatable and hopefully she will be well and back home very soon! Thank you all for you love, support, and prayers during this stressful time.

dharmabean

♥ ɢrÃ¥тıтuɗɛ
I am pretty sure the picture next to him is not a llama. I think it is a goat.
It's a picture from a site called, This looks like That. It was sent to me by a friend who knows my appreciation of the Dalai Lama. It made me smile. :)

Twilley

on top of my plans for moving back out falling through, now I think the girl I've been kind of seeing is using me... fun

TwilightStarr

My dad is in a lose/lose/lose situation right now and there is nothing I can do about it.
He's either going to end up dead, in the hospital, or homeless :*(

fatcharlie

R.I.P dear Rhonda, Kram..
This halloween will be the 20th year since my brother died. I always start getting tense when October rolls around. This month has been extra stressful without even putting that into the equation soooo...I've spent all day crying today.

I'm hoping I can relieve some tension after today and that maybe I'm getting it out. No matter how much time passes, I will always miss my little brother and grieve that he hasn't been around.
I understand you so well. It's always such a sad felling poping up more now and then and you can't do anything about. And at the same time you don't want to be without that feeling because you will always keep him in a good memory. And I know you feel the same another 15-20 years and infact the rest of your life. It just comes and goes.
Kram Charlie

largenlovely

Still a Fat Girl lol
DimensionsModel
I understand you so well. It's always such a sad felling poping up more now and then and you can't do anything about. And at the same time you don't want to be without that feeling because you will always keep him in a good memory. And I know you feel the same another 15-20 years and infact the rest of your life. It just comes and goes.
Kram Charlie
Yes that's very true...it does come and go. I try my best to keep it under control the rest of the year but this month will always be difficult. Your heart never fully heals when you lose loved ones.

dharmabean

♥ ɢrÃ¥тıтuɗɛ
Working so many damned PT jobs, I really miss the freedom of writing. I also have a man in my life who whines and pouts when I'm not devoting 100% of my time to him; thus alleviating any free time to actually write.

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
This shit needs to stop.

Humans and social media at it's fucking worst. I wish I could have told this girl that it gets better as you get older. I was thinking, wow, if someone pulled even the slightest bullshit on me now like they did with her I would tear them down so hard and so fast it would make your head spin. But how does a fragile teenage ego handle so much abuse? We all watch tv, see the ads, read magazine, see the ads. These girls and boys grow up with this over-sexualized world and it's ok, but when they participate they're sluts. Something has to give. I think it starts with parents. Your kids need to be kids. Act fucking accordingly. They're not your friends. Do your job. And kids? Step away from the goddamn internet. Texting isn't a necessity.

RIP beautiful girl. I'm sorry this world dealt you so much bullshit.

dharmabean

♥ ɢrÃ¥тıтuɗɛ
If ONE person, just one person stood up with her, for her...

Bullied and beat up at school, and that was video recorded? I bet it went viral throughout her peers. Where the feck was anybody to help her? :confused: This really pisses me off. I had a friend commit suicide. I had another friend attempt suicide.

Just ONE person to stand up and say, "Stop!" I am not talking about her teachers, or people with authority. But people in her age group. The whole band wagon mentality is sickening.

Donna

A Sultan's Habibti
This shit needs to stop.

Humans and social media at it's fucking worst. I wish I could have told this girl that it gets better as you get older. I was thinking, wow, if someone pulled even the slightest bullshit on me now like they did with her I would tear them down so hard and so fast it would make your head spin. But how does a fragile teenage ego handle so much abuse? We all watch tv, see the ads, read magazine, see the ads. These girls and boys grow up with this over-sexualized world and it's ok, but when they participate they're sluts. Something has to give. I think it starts with parents. Your kids need to be kids. Act fucking accordingly. They're not your friends. Do your job. And kids? Step away from the goddamn internet. Texting isn't a necessity.

RIP beautiful girl. I'm sorry this world dealt you so much bullshit.
I am almost at a loss for words after watching her video and reading the article. I was troubled when she wrote "teachers ran over but I just went and layed in a ditch and my Dad found me." The teachers left her, bruised and bloodied for her father to find?

I agree with Surly...this has to stop.

God bless you, Amanda. You don't have to worry about anyone punching you or hurting you anymore. :(

dharmabean

♥ ɢrÃ¥тıтuɗɛ
I am really angry about this. I mean, REALLY angry. I keep coming back to it with further thoughts.

When my son was being bullied, we said "F*** you" to the schools, and took it up in our own hands. We found out who his bully was. We waited at the bus stop for them to get off the bus; because it usually happened on the bus and the driver didn't do shit about it. We followed her home, (yes a her, big black girl with attitude against white kids..I'm not being racist, this was one of her bully attacks against my kid.. because he's white.), and took it up with her parents.

We found out that she didn't have parents, her mom abandoned her, and she was being raised by her grandmother. The girl was just as displaced as bobby was.

Her grandmother stepped in, and held her granddaughter accountable.

The school(s) are a joke. They're a glorified day care. They DO NOT do anything about it. Because it was on the bus, it was out of their hands. EVEN though the bus is paid for by our tax dollars, through that school district.

The advice I would have given this girl's parents, make her press charges. Make her stand up to them. Make your daughter learn self respect again. We have to teach our kids to fight back. We have to teach our kids to stand up for themselves.

The schools will NOT do this. Their "no tolerance" is just a nifty way of saying, "We're not going to deal with this." Someone HAS TO DEAL WITH IT, and not at the cost of more suicides. . . EVER.

I was bullied. I was called dyke (because I was in ROTC). I was called fat (because I was really curvy; big boobed /big butt). I was called slut, because I had boobs (I actually didn't sleep with a guy until I was about 17. Where as all my female classmates were screwing everyone.) I was called freak, and weird, and odd... because I had my own style. I didn't follow the crowd, or trends. I was called white trash, because I lived in foster homes.

I survived. Because I fought back.

largenlovely

Still a Fat Girl lol
DimensionsModel
Sometimes you *have* to fight back. My sister is 9 yrs younger than me. When she was younger, a girl was bullying her on the bus. The girl had failed 2 grades and was twice my sister's size. An older bigger girl picking on a much smaller girl. My sister was around 8yrs old, this girl was 12-ish.

Me and my brother got on the elementary school bus (we were in high school). He kept the bus driver in her seat (not physically, but she was too intimidated to move) while I bellowed out the girl's name trying to find her. I found her and told her that HER picking on my sister was like ME picking on her and asked her if she wanted that to happen. Of course, I got a wide eyed head shake. My sister never ever had problems from that girl again

It's a wonder we didn't get in trouble for that. Today we probably would but it sure nipped the problem in the bud and my sister wasn't scared to ride the bus anymore.

Shosh

Susannah
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/19703451/possible-human-remains-found-in-burned-home

My cousin was found dead last night, chopped into pieces with nothing but his head in hands discovered in black garbage bags. They are still looking for the torso and the rest of his body. He had just gotten out of prison 5 months ago after being incarcerated for 14 years. He was arrested when he was 20, now dead at 34. He just messaged me a week ago talking about how he wanted to catch up and get to know me better. Before I left for class and agreed, he said I love you and I said nothing back because I was in such a hurry. I wish I had taken the time to just say those four little words back and now I can never tell him again. Nothing like the saying "live each day like it's your last". Cherish the moments while you can, don't hold grudges. Today has unleashed a flutter of different emotions. It's not fair that he didn't even get a chance to really live life and the fact that he was killed in this way is even more tragic. I didn't think this happened in real life to people, just made up stories on television on drama cop shows. Nor did I ever expect it to happen to someone in my family. I hope he didn't have to suffer. RIP Casey. I love you.
How very sad :( I am sorry for your loss.

Kamily

Well Ive had a boyfriend for the past 3 months and got dumped yesterday. :( We had known each other since high school and had lost touch over the years, but reconnected thru Facebook. Im sad, heartbroken, and feel awful. Its kicked my depression and anxiety into overdrive.

TwilightStarr

Well Ive had a boyfriend for the past 3 months and got dumped yesterday. :( We had known each other since high school and had lost touch over the years, but reconnected thru Facebook. Im sad, heartbroken, and feel awful. Its kicked my depression and anxiety into overdrive.
I am so sorry :(

dharmabean

♥ ɢrÃ¥тıтuɗɛ
Another bullying incident:

No they werent suspended after the first attack, just had their parents called, obviously that didnt help, it made it worse because they told her today she was getting a beat down for snitching on them in the first place.

:mad:

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
Another bullying incident:

No they werent suspended after the first attack, just had their parents called, obviously that didnt help, it made it worse because they told her today she was getting a beat down for snitching on them in the first place.

:mad:
That seriously sucks. My oldest has had some bullying incidents and i can tell you, it's so hard to get action that makes you feel good about the situation. Max is a black belt (kid level) in tae kwon do. We got him into martial arts so he could hold his own being a little person who has hearing aids.

Kamily

I am so sorry :(

Thank you so very much.

I have been turned away from from not one, but two different places for treatment. I contacted them begging for help and I was told they couldnt do anything. Their responses were "Here is a sedative...go home and try Comp Care on Monday" and "If you are suicidal, go the nearest ER".
WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF ANSWER IS THAT???? I thought these people are supposed to be there to help. Im not suicidal. But is that what its gonna take for me to get help from them?

They had the nerve at one ER to ask me if I was OK when they discharged me. I looked at the nurse and said "NO!! Are you fucking crazy? I came here for help and you people are sending me home!!" She said "Oh ok sign here and you can leave." What a joke!!! :eek:

Latest posts