What is making you SAD right now...

Discussion in 'Daily Living' started by Uriel, Apr 8, 2009.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine by donating:

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

1. Mar 12, 2015 #5021

littlefairywren

littlefairywren

littlefairywren

Wren

I am so sorry for the loss of your mother, Ruffie. Gentle, wee hugs.

2. Mar 12, 2015 #5022

Ruffie

Ruffie

Ruffie

Thank you for the wee hug :)

3. Mar 13, 2015 #5023

mermaid8

mermaid8

mermaid8

mermaid

I know my problems and feelings are trivial compared to the truly serious ones that other people experience, but lately I've just been so emotionally isolated. I want someone that I can talk to about my feelings even the dark ones. I have a few friends and I tell them some stuff but I never been comfortable sharing my feelings. In the past I've been rejected because of my feelings. Again I know my problems are petty and small but I just have someone in my life that I could be my whole self around and not fear judgement and rejection.

4. Mar 14, 2015 #5024

Rojodi

Rojodi

Rojodi

I had my first cancer scare yesterday.

If a doctor tells you to have a colonoscopy, DO IT! It saves lives!

5. Mar 20, 2015 #5025

TwilightStarr

TwilightStarr

TwilightStarr

I am so sorry for your loss :(

6. Mar 23, 2015 #5026

mermaid8

mermaid8

mermaid8

mermaid

I'm so tired of never being trusted with my sister's children. I'm not incompetent, I have taken care of children before and I have a first aid license. Ahhhhh....I'm just so angry that I'm always seen untrustworthy or a stupid fool by my sister when she has no reason to leave this way. And, of course my mother always defends my sister and her husband and never sees my point of view. I'm always wrong and I always have to bury my feelings.

7. Mar 23, 2015 #5027

mermaid8

mermaid8

mermaid8

mermaid

;((((( I just realized I have no one that I'm completely alone. When I need to talk to someone I have no one to turn to for comfort or counsel. I'm totally utterly completely without a single person who can truly be here for me. ;((((

8. Jun 21, 2015 #5028

interesting monster

interesting monster

interesting monster

I'm sad that I can't talk to you :(

9. Aug 4, 2015 #5029

WTF

WTF

WTF

My county has been in the news a lot lately- shootings (the most recent one had a young man die), drug raids and a would-be terrorist arrested... but this story broke out yesterday and I cant stop thinking about it...

Pittsfield Police Investigating Murder-Suicide

A father killed his 11 yr old daughter and then himself.

My daddy is the #1 man in my life. My daddy will always be my protector. My daddy will always make sure I am safe. I trust my daddy with my life.

Did this girl trust her daddy? Did he tell her everything would be ok and that she was safe?

I cant stop crying. :(

10. Aug 4, 2015 #5030

Rojodi

Rojodi

Rojodi

Something's amiss in Berkshire county. Sorry for all the problems lately.

11. Aug 6, 2015 #5031

Ruby Ripples

Ruby Ripples

Ruby Ripples

Dis Member

I am really missing how Dimensions was several years ago. I met the most wonderful friend on here (Lorna) and I met my wonderful man via this site too (my Swede). I also met many online friends and I remember lots of times actually crying with laughter at my computer at conversations in the chat room. I know that time can't go backwards but I would just love it if we could get some semblance of group friendship and community back again, it was just so lovely and fun.

I still come on regularly and end up mainly staying on the foodee section and it really does make me sad.

SamanthaNY and one2one like this.
  12. Aug 6, 2015 #5032

CleverBomb

CleverBomb

CleverBomb

On Space Out

Yeah, the good old days here really were pretty darn good.
    I'm not sure how to get that back, or even if it's possible.

*sigh*

SamanthaNY likes this.
  13. Aug 6, 2015 #5033

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

My too (or three?) on missing 'the old days.' There is still good stuff here IMO, but it is certainly not as active as it was, and there are lots of fantastic people who have moved on. I'm not sure how much is that there are so many other places out there these days, how much is that some portion of people don't really use the broader web anymore and instead live in social media platforms, how much is that for a lot of people a place like this helps for a certain stage in their life then they move on, and now that almost everyone has been on the net for a while there are less people just getting to that stage, how much is some of the site policies (official and implied) that drove some people away, how much is other stuff....

There have always been great people who left, heck one of my all time fave chatters left before the chat rooms even got busy, way back in the day. And departures do seem to somewhat come in waves. But there seem to be a lot less people joining in recent years. When I sign in, sometimes I'm feeling like I'm walking in the door of the Legion or the Elk Lodge, (or insert name of social organization that was popular in former years, but has a declining and aging membership). And that makes me sad for sure.

SamanthaNY likes this.
  14. Aug 24, 2015 #5034

Allie Cat

Allie Cat

Allie Cat

A week ago today, one of my best friends from high school died.

Cause of death was not announced. I have suspicions but feel it would be inappropriate to voice them or ask his wife or family.

Since I found out, I have been consumed by guilt and grief.

I went to his funeral on Saturday. I reunited with old friends and we shared our love for him with each other and with his family and other friends.

I never told him how much he meant to me. I never told him how much I love him. Maybe it was romantic, maybe it wasn't, I don't know. He had an intense, pure charisma that drew people in like a black hole, and it was impossible to know him and not love him.

A week ago today, the 2003 class of IAHS lost one of its best.

A week ago today, the world lost Tyler Grant McPherson, and it is a worse place for it.

Surlysomething likes this.
  15. Aug 25, 2015 #5035

Green Eyed King

Green Eyed King

Green Eyed King

I was about to question the point of this thread as to how depressing it may get here for people who are writing here. Certainly not pleasant for spectators who are just checking the thread but maybe sometimes when you need to let something off of your chest you can let it out here.

I think the reason most people aren't here is because they have someone who has them occupied. We all long for that, so it isn't such a bad thing maybe being happy for them is best way to feel good. I know how it's like to miss friends I have quite a few I met from the past and actually found them here :p

16. Sep 3, 2015 #5036

biggirlsrock

biggirlsrock

biggirlsrock

Cunning Linguist

Silly as this may sound, I just posted on the "Remember when" thread about records & record stores, & I'm sitting here bummed out that Tower Records is no longer in existence...

17. Sep 6, 2015 #5037

seavixen

seavixen

seavixen

Ditz Extraordinaire

Betrayal. So much betrayal. Disrespect. Safety shattered again; regret about struggling with re-learning how to trust, only to end up at square one nearly a decade later. Betrayals steadily destroy your sense of self until you can't trust anything anymore. I don't even know if I'm sad. I just can't stand myself, and I feel utterly empty.

18. Sep 6, 2015 #5038

Surlysomething

Surlysomething

Surlysomething

In Remembrance In Remembrance

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I've been betrayed recently too and it's put a huge, painful wrench in my life, so I understand. Big hug your way.

19. Oct 30, 2015 #5039

Ho Ho Tai

Ho Ho Tai

Ho Ho Tai

I poured my 2nd cup of coffee and settled down to enjoy the anticipation of another Met Opera season, as outlined in the Met Opera Program Guide. What I read jolted me out of my warm glow like a bucket of ice water. Margaret Juntwait, the wonderful 'Voice of the Met' since 2004, died of cancer this summer. This was the first I had heard of it. She was the same age as Mrs Ho Ho.

I felt as I would feel if I had just read the obituary of someone I had just seen last week.

She is only the third person to fill that capacity since the Met began broadcasting, following Milton Cross and Peter Allen. When she first stepped into that role, I wasn't too sure. The voice of Milton Cross still resonated in my brain. Peter Allen was business-like and certainly in command. Margaret Juntwait sounded more like the Girl Next Door but I soon came to love her, as have millions of other Met Radio fans.

There are memorials all over the internet. The one I read in the Met Opera Program Guide was written by Elena Park. I can't find it on the web but this one is very nice and descriptive.

Viewpoint: The Voice of a Friend

by F. PAUL DRISCOLL

There is a thread, somewhere, with the title "Do you have a fat ass and love opera". If I had more time, I'd dig it out and revive it.

We have recorded the opera for decades, first on cassettes, then on VCR tape and now direct to disk. I guess that old tech isn't quite ready for the scrap heap after all.

Note: I found that old thread "Do you have a fat ass and love opera?" Fun read!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  20. Jan 9, 2016 #5040

Victoria08

Victoria08

Victoria08

My brother just asked me to help him out with some ideas of how to propose to his girlfriend. The thing is, his girlfriend is one of those people that just really isn't nice. She's not a nice person at all. She is so very controlling of him - she limits his contact with me and my mum, she makes threats and manipulates him in order to get what she wants.
    It's just sad and so frustrating to see him turn a blind eye and pretend like she's this perfect angel. I know he loves her, but I don't understand how he can be happy with her in the long run when she's downing a heavy combo of pills and booze just because he disagrees with her on something stupid and trivial. It's not a healthy relationship and she is not a stable individual.
    I don't know what to do here.