What is making you SAD right now...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Donna

🎶 Melophile & Bibliophile 📚
German novelist Hermann Hesse said, “If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.” More commonly it's said: what we hate in others is what we hate in ourselves. I've been meditating on love and hate, and what I'm discovering about myself is making me very disappointed in me.

kyle

"Beam me here Scotty"
Not to be Debbie Downer here, but ... Have to put one of my horses down tomorrow.

He has an incurable neurological disease. Tried everything, but he's getting progressively worse. Can barely walk now. Vet said it will get worse. Don't want him to suffer through the Winter (even here in Virginia).

Had him for 19 years. I was there in the stall when he was born. Imprinted him and everything. (his mother tried to kill me LOL)

He's a registered Warmblood (Hanoverian) and back in the day he was a real Bad Ass.

So raise a glass ... Gonna give him a great Irish funeral.

Last edited:
Kevin Conroy, the definitive voice of The Batman from the DC Animated Universe and the Arkham games; has passed on into legend. He so perfectly embodied the Dark Knight Detective that his became the voice I heard in my head when I read Batman's lines in the comics (same thing with Mark Hamill as The Joker). R.I.P.
In Memoriam, Kevin Conroy by Michael Uslan - BATMAN ON FILM

Angelette

Chris Farley's fiancee.
Well, my dad got mad at me for locking the door when he went out to McDonald's. Even though I opened it right away while he knocks hardly like his life is going to end.

I lied and explained my reasoning for locking the door is there was a shady man walking down the street and I was afraid to get the R word. Note we live in a poor in a poor neighborhood.

He still got pissed at me and I guess he doesn't care if I get sexually assaulted by a man.

Last edited:

svenm2112

I am a ugly man
Finding out my mom has dementia. The loss of the voice of Batman the Animated Series Kevin Conroy. The event in Utah. For young adults. Who are no older than my son. Who is 22 now. And in college. The shootings. Just sad

Rojodi

I still live with my parents in my twenties. Which is frowned upon in American culture. Unlike let's say Asian culture.
Oh, please! Eff American "values"! These are the same "people" who frowned upon me being the stay-at-home parent - my job had ZERO health insurance, ZERO 401K, ZERO chances for advancement.

It's your life, live it the best that you can and want!

Donna

🎶 Melophile & Bibliophile 📚
I thought the whole negative attitude toward staying with parents after the age of eighteen had shifted and it’s now viewed as not just accepted, but preferred. Given the cost of everything these days, it makes financial sense to stay at home as long as you can.

I still live with my parents in my twenties. Which is frowned upon in American culture. Unlike let's say Asian culture.
At my 55, I still live with my mother. I don't feel myself as a loser for that.

As I told you before, you are still young. I have passed by almost the same things you do now, but I don't lose hope.

Today's youth have more chances of doing much more and better things than we had when I was in my early twenties.

You have so many wonderful tools like the internet to have more exposure to your talents.

At my 55, I don't have money in my social security for a retirement, but I don't lose hope to finding a way to develop my talents and expose them in the web for a chance to do a career on my own.

The most difficult thing is to deal with my sleep disorders. I'm a Obstructive Sleep Apnea patient. But I try to do my best in everything I do while my moment of a big chance comes.

littlefairywren

Wren aka ISFJ
I guess this is a combo sad/angry kinda thing.

I'm a carer for my now 92yr old stepfather, and the poor bugger has dementia. Each day he declines a little bit more, his memory suffers daily, and he's losing other faculties as well. He needs full time supervision.
It's saddening to see, because I knew him as a healthy and very proud man. He's now a shell of what I once knew.
Dementia is cruel and it makes me angry.

And now I'm watching my 74yr old mum failing bit by bit. Her health is not good, so I'm terrified of what's to come.
She fell over in the shops yesterday, and by some miracle she didn't break anything. I look at her, and I see my grandmother in the way she holds her body, the way she stoops in the garden.

Watching family age is distressing (or terrifying depending on my day).

My brother is suffering from chronic kidney disease. A week ago he almost died from kidney failure. I'm thankful he's still here. But sad his life is drastically changing at only 42. My parents are planning on taking him in so he can get the help he needs. Unfortunately the procedures needed may be a permanent thing for the rest of his life.

It is genetic (maternally). The nephrologist recommended my sister and I get tested for the possibility of similar issues. So I am coordinating to get checked. My health isn't perfect and I do think I focus on it more than a lot of people my age. But now it's time to get more serious about it.

Kind of sad it's likely genetic in this case and I may also be at risk. I was ready to start the discussion about giving him one of my kidneys.

Last edited:

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
My brother is suffering from chronic kidney disease.

Kind of sad it's likely genetic in this case and I may also be at risk. I was ready to start the discussion about giving him one of my kidneys.
I'm so sorry for your brother, and all of the stress that this is adding to you and all of your family.