What is making you SAD right now...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
We went to the craniofacial team today. I knew that there would be 2 more surgeries to complete his ear transformation. Now they're talking about at least 2 more surgeries on his jaw and several orthodontic procedures in the coming years.. I thought we were at the end of the road for surgeries. I'm so sad because it is scarier every time he gets that one more exposure to anesthesia. I'm so tired of hospitals. Thank God that Alex is healthy as a horse. Max sees enough doctors for 5 kids.

littlefairywren

Wren aka ISFJ
DM Supporter
We went to the craniofacial team today. I knew that there would be 2 more surgeries to complete his ear transformation. Now they're talking about at least 2 more surgeries on his jaw and several orthodontic procedures in the coming years.. I thought we were at the end of the road for surgeries. I'm so sad because it is scarier every time he gets that one more exposure to anesthesia. I'm so tired of hospitals. Thank God that Alex is healthy as a horse. Max sees enough doctors for 5 kids.
(((Hugs))) to you, Megan and for your dear wee Max. Sending happy vibes your way.

spiritangel

AmandaClause
So very very sorry to hear this Megan, what an amazing and strong family you are to endure all this

Big squishy hugs

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
(((Hugs))) to you, Megan and for your dear wee Max. Sending happy vibes your way.
So very very sorry to hear this Megan, what an amazing and strong family you are to endure all this

Big squishy hugs
Thanks. Sometimes it just gets to me how much my little boy has endured. He is so strong and brave. I just wish he didn't have to be. If i could go through it for him, i would totally do it in a heartbeat. i know some of the pain he's going to go through. The orthodontics i had to do and i know how that sucks to not be able to eat anything but soft stuff for three to four days after an adjustment.

watts63

Coast 2 Coast 2 Worldwide
I decided to stay home for Thanksgiving while my family leaves for Kansas City. For some reason, it will probably be the first of many Thanksgivings I'll have by myself.

AuntHen

I decided to stay home for Thanksgiving while my family leaves for Kansas City. For some reason, it will probably be the first of many Thanksgivings I'll have by myself.

aww sorry for that.. but just make a lot of food and stuff yourself silly...that would make me happy...especially w/ homemade pumpkin pie around :D

AmazingAmy

I just restarted my computer to find all of my photos have vanished; even the Vista images are gone. I'm panicky enough to cry and don't know what the fuck to do... a whole year of family photos gone, and I have no clue how to get them back. Down to PC World tomorrow, but why do I feel like they won't help?

Donna

wait...what?
Before you take it to a professional for a (more than likely costly, possibly unnecessary) recovery, try to do a system restore to a couple of days ago. Look for "System Restore" in your programs file and choose either "recommended restore" or choose a custom date.

Good luck.

TraciJo67

My mother is really struggling. She has been diagnosed with early-onset dementia, probable Alzheimer's, and it's clear that she's slipping. She is unable to create new memories, although she is still oriented to time and place, and is still able to care for herself. But we're seeing signs that she's deteriorating in that area too. Her nuerologist told her today that she has to stop driving, and that he's submitting a recommendation to that effect to the DMV. It is very necessary, but she doesn't understand the scope of her cognitive losses and she's angry and frustrated and mostly very anxious and afraid of the loss of her independence. I wish that she didn't have to go through this, that we didn't have to watch her suffer and lose pieces of herself. I am also sad and frustrated and angry. I just don't know who or what to be angry with.

On second thought: Mossy? Can I use you as a punching bag?

MizzSnakeBite

Taking a Break From Here
My mother is really struggling. She has been diagnosed with early-onset dementia, probable Alzheimer's, and it's clear that she's slipping. She is unable to create new memories, although she is still oriented to time and place, and is still able to care for herself. But we're seeing signs that she's deteriorating in that area too. Her nuerologist told her today that she has to stop driving, and that he's submitting a recommendation to that effect to the DMV. It is very necessary, but she doesn't understand the scope of her cognitive losses and she's angry and frustrated and mostly very anxious and afraid of the loss of her independence. I wish that she didn't have to go through this, that we didn't have to watch her suffer and lose pieces of herself. I am also sad and frustrated and angry. I just don't know who or what to be angry with.

I'm so sorry, TJ.

Linda

Just Chillaxin.

So sorry to hear about your mom. It is hard to watch our parents go through these things and have the tables turn to where they no longer can be the strong ones for us, but rather we need to be the ones who take care of them. (((( tight hugs)))) I'm sorry.

succubus_dxb

Badonk. Adonk.
my dad is in hospital in Qatar, all on his own. We're all a day's flying away. They think he has Dengue fever, and are running the tests now. I'm scared for him, and hope he cooperates with the doctors- agreeing with medical professionals is not something my family is good at :/

littlefairywren

Wren aka ISFJ
DM Supporter

I am so sorry that you're having to "lose" your mum this way. It's a hard thing to watch someone you love, disappear into their own world. ((((TraciJo)))

my dad is in hospital in Qatar, all on his own. We're all a day's flying away. They think he has Dengue fever, and are running the tests now. I'm scared for him, and hope he cooperates with the doctors- agreeing with medical professionals is not something my family is good at :/
Sending your dad healing vibes, Bobbie. Soft hugs, honey.

MizzSnakeBite

Taking a Break From Here
I hope he heals quickly and lets the doctors do what the need to do.

(((hugs)))

PamelaLois

ILL-INI
Just found out last night that my oldest friend's husband was diagnosed with Glioblastoma Multiforme on Saturday. He was sitting in his office in hospital trying to read patient charts (he's a doc) and realized that he couldn't read, didn't understand the words, and then he had a horrible headache. He went downstairs to the ER and said he thought he was having a stroke. The did a bunch of tests and the CT scan showed a tumor the size of a lemon in his brain. Glioblastoma is the cancer that killed Ted Kennedy. It's incurable, almost untreatable. A diagnosis is a death sentence. At best, with all the best care, he may have 1 1/2 years. Likely much less. He's young, in his mid 40s, just recently married to my friend, whom I've known since we were 5 years old and she showed me where the bus stop was for kindergarten. She's devastated, he's been told he can't practice medicine anymore, so now he's out of work. Treatment can cost as much as half a million dollars, how do you pay for that? I feel so bad for her.

MizzSnakeBite

Taking a Break From Here
Just found out last night that my oldest friend's husband was diagnosed with Glioblastoma Multiforme on Saturday. He was sitting in his office in hospital trying to read patient charts (he's a doc) and realized that he couldn't read, didn't understand the words, and then he had a horrible headache. He went downstairs to the ER and said he thought he was having a stroke. The did a bunch of tests and the CT scan showed a tumor the size of a lemon in his brain. Glioblastoma is the cancer that killed Ted Kennedy. It's incurable, almost untreatable. A diagnosis is a death sentence. At best, with all the best care, he may have 1 1/2 years. Likely much less. He's young, in his mid 40s, just recently married to my friend, whom I've known since we were 5 years old and she showed me where the bus stop was for kindergarten. She's devastated, he's been told he can't practice medicine anymore, so now he's out of work. Treatment can cost as much as half a million dollars, how do you pay for that? I feel so bad for her.
I'm so, so sorry for all of you. :(

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance

So sorry Traci. (((hugs)))

Latest posts