What is making you SAD right now...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

GTAFA

Toronto's election is making me sad. I watched the concession speech from George Smitherman, an openly gay candidate who finished second to Rob Ford, a very conservative candidate. I have to face the fact that my city is in the midst of a voter revolt, screaming about high taxes, etc, and eager for the simplistic solutions of Ford.

Kenster102.5

Toronto's election is making me sad. I watched the concession speech from George Smitherman, an openly gay candidate who finished second to Rob Ford, a very conservative candidate. I have to face the fact that my city is in the midst of a voter revolt, screaming about high taxes, etc, and eager for the simplistic solutions of Ford.
Yeah do I ever wish we had Calgary's Naheed Nenshi, he is well spoken, very smart and very humble.

I voted for Smitherman and Dhanni.

Too bad he is going to "Huff and puff and blow Toronto to the ground"

Lil BigginZ

just a NORML guy
i finally thought i found the girl of my dreams. the past 6 years have been the best years of my life minus the last 2 months. thats when my wife started cheating on me. i moved in with my sister a few states away. but its still sucks knowing my marriage failed.

Mishty

aluminum petunia
I'm crushing so hardcore right now, and most of the times my crushes are out of my league for my safety, I can dream from a distance, learn what makes them human and flawed and I'm over it. Not this time. I'm so dumb for doing this to myself....

GTAFA

Yeah do I ever wish we had Calgary's Naheed Nenshi, he is well spoken, very smart and very humble.

I voted for Smitherman and Dhanni.

Too bad he is going to "Huff and puff and blow Toronto to the ground"
Indeed, my Calgary friends are laughing it up. I'm trying to see the bright side.
  • the winner was declared eight minutes after the polls closed. No silly suspenseful election evening with heart-break at the end. I was able to shut it off right away and change the channel
  • my instincts were right (i wasted so much time trying to persuade friends supporting Pantalone to vote Smitherman... they had the nerve to say Ford & Smitherman are the same).
But life goes on.

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
i finally thought i found the girl of my dreams. the past 6 years have been the best years of my life minus the last 2 months. thats when my wife started cheating on me. i moved in with my sister a few states away. but its still sucks knowing my marriage failed.

So sorry to hear this.

-hug-

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
At what point do you have to be gone for a person to actually miss you or even notice you're not there anymore?

AmazingAmy

I just bit off some of my freshly-grown nails, setting myself back a month. I just couldn't help myself, I didn't even notice I was doing it until I glanced at them! I'm sick of this habit...

MizzSnakeBite

Taking a Break From Here
I just bit off some of my freshly-grown nails, setting myself back a month. I just couldn't help myself, I didn't even notice I was doing it until I glanced at them! I'm sick of this habit...
I've heard that for some, having fake nails helps curb that problem.

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
I get regular manicures for this very reason. I consider them rewards for not chewing my cuticles off. It's cheaper than therapy.

AmazingAmy

I get regular manicures for this very reason. I consider them rewards for not chewing my cuticles off. It's cheaper than therapy.
I was growing my nails specifically to be able to have a manicure and get them professionally painted for Big Girls Paradise in December... I wrecked it for myself. I thought I was past having to wear that nasty tasting polish, but I suppose it's back to it. :( I'll have to check out the nails thread more as a reminder of my goal!

People are assholes...
*Hugs for Matt*

succubus_dxb

Badonk. Adonk.
when i was at work tonight (bar/bottle shop) I was sat behind my colleague having a break and a slice of mango, and this crazy woman comes in the bottle shop, shouts at me 'don't look at me like that', then says to my colleague 'bitch be obese and european'....erm...

I might be happy with my body, but someone saying 'bitch be obese' is painful. I don't understand people intentionally being hurtful, especially when i haven't even f*cking looked at them.

It saddens me that I have let it hurt me.

AmazingAmy

when i was at work tonight (bar/bottle shop) I was sat behind my colleague having a break and a slice of mango, and this crazy woman comes in the bottle shop, shouts at me 'don't look at me like that', then says to my colleague 'bitch be obese and european'....erm...

I might be happy with my body, but someone saying 'bitch be obese' is painful. I don't understand people intentionally being hurtful, especially when i haven't even f*cking looked at them.

It saddens me that I have let it hurt me.

It never ceases to astound me that someone people, like that woman, continue to think it's acceptable to openly hate fat people. It's like the universal mantra of tolerance for diversity is null and void when it comes to peoples' body shape. It's fucking absurd.

Hugs for you Succubus, and sorry you had to experience this. :(

MisticalMisty

I've heard that for some, having fake nails helps curb that problem.
I feel your pain. Unfortunately, I wore fake nails for 2 years. A week after they were off, my nails were gone. I hadn't even noticed I had bitten them off until my mom mentioned it.

She's been trying for years to cure me. Hell, I was probably chewing them in utero! lol

Good luck Amy!

mossystate

flicks a booger on conrad
Should probably be in the happy thread...but I proved to my roomie that, yes, I am able to chew my toenails ( OK, just the big toes and kinda the second toes ) if I needed to.

:bow:

Donna

wait...what?
Should probably be in the happy thread...but I proved to my roomie that, yes, I am able to chew my toenails ( OK, just the big toes and kinda the second toes ) if I needed to.

:bow:
The roomie be damned...prove it to the rest of us. Pictures or it didn't happen! ;)