What is making you SAD right now...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Rojodi

I passed a stone on Tuesday, my wife and my 25th anniversary. I could NOT tell her that I did, since we were in Atlantic City, 300 miles from home. Now, as I sit in a Starbucks to get out of the house, it hurts like paper cuts..annoyingly painful only when....

I call the doctor Monday, I've heard it from the women in my life since we came home Thursday.

(We left with $500 to spend on slots, returned with $675 and change)

rellis10

tuh-maw-tow
At the end of the week i might not have a job anymore, due to the actions of three IDIOTS who were supposed to be running a charity but instead decided to bloody ruin it!

I extremely rarely get angry at anything, but this situation makes me want to punch something.....hard.

CAMellie

Gabriel Spencer
I went to visit my best friend of 15 years, Mala, and it was all I could do to keep from crying hysterically. She has stage 4 non small-cell lung cancer. She got up to use the restroom...and she was so thin she looked like a skeleton covered in skin. This was the first time I've seen her in months because her chemo has kept her isolated.
I don't know what I'm going to do when she's gone. :(:(:(

thirtiesgirl

frumious bandersnatch
I'd be fine with working as hard as I work, putting up with spoiled students, teachers and parents who think they can demand what they want from me right now, having parents and students call me a bitch behind my back, having teachers with their own personal agenda/axe to grind treat me and my students like crap, having administration not do anything about it... if only I had someone to come home to. I haven't worked this hard to get myself where I am in my career and my educational level and have nothing else to show for it. I can't even afford my own place yet. I can't even afford a new car (well, used, but new to me). I feel like I worked so damn hard to climb that mountain, but I'm still scrabbling around at the bottom. I'm a self-made woman, but I feel like I'm missing so many parts. And if I keep giving the way I've been giving, I'm not going to have anything left over for myself.

RJ20

Still looking for employment aswell as a girl :( Still trying to get my liscense and want to get a place of my own.

nettie

I went to visit my best friend of 15 years, Mala, and it was all I could do to keep from crying hysterically. She has stage 4 non small-cell lung cancer. She got up to use the restroom...and she was so thin she looked like a skeleton covered in skin. This was the first time I've seen her in months because her chemo has kept her isolated.
I don't know what I'm going to do when she's gone. :(:(:(
Just (((( hugs )))). The love from our friends feeds our souls. I'm keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Mishty

aluminum petunia
The biggest pile of family bullshit! I'm all crying and sniffling.

When I was 19 years old I decided to remain in contact with my uncle Trent's ex wife, he lied about some stuff, I called him out on it(because of the children) and now to this day, 9 years later he holds a grudge because I took "her side".

Just now, he got an attitude on a comment I added on our cousins facebook. I mean. Jesus he's in his mid-forties. Grow the hell up already. So being a smart ass, I just friend requested him, but deep down I want him to forgive me and be apart of my life, I don't want to fight someone my Mama loves so much. It's her youngest brother and because of me he ignores her to. Breaks her heart, but she never brings it up because her loyalty is to me. :(

I know he wont, but I wish he would build a bridge....god I pray he might.

EDIT:
I guess I got my answer..... :(

View attachment dds.jpg

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
Recently I got a FB friend request from someone from high school and the name really didn't register but I accepted anyway.

So she's commenting on a lot of my posts, very nice, very pleasant and very chummy as if we're old friends so I go to her profile where there are no pics of her. I come across a pic of her daughter, a lovely girl with a very familiar face and I read the tagged name and it all clicks.

She was my best friend in my senior year who while I was laid up with bronchitis, tonsilitis and laryngitis, started to secretly see my boyfriend. I found out by accident in the rest room one afternoon when I was sitting in a stall and I heard people come in and voices and it was my best friend talking about the new love of her life which up to that point, I thought was the love of MY life.

I came out of the stall and faced her and I knew my face was white and hers was too and she looked at me and said, Lainey I'm so sorry..if you want you can hit me and I just walked stiffly past her.

They ended up getting married.

Ten years later I was on my way to a long weekend getaway and made a quick stop at a liquor store and a man approached me and said, Lainey do you remember me? It's Frank. I'm fairly oblivious when I'm walking in public so I kind of stood there in shock while he explained to me that he and Tara were divorced and had a little girl and would I like to see her pic. I said of course. She was sweet.

He then went on to explain that he had often driven past my house hoping I would be outside and regretted what he had done and had always been in love with me and Tara knew it. I didn't understand why he was telling me this because I didn't break up with him..he chose to be with her..and I know I wasn't distant or standoffish...I stood there completely bewildered while he tried to make a case for me to reconsider him and because I was on my way to see another man, I was irritated and impatient and disgusted as to why he even had to tell me this. Did I look like Mother Confessor?

So I remembered this, gazing at this now teenage girl, who've I've only seen two photos of, bearing the perfect combination of the features of a man I once loved, and a friend I once cherished and I was compelled to ask my old friend whatever happened to them because her profile indicated they were divorced. She sent me a long email basically explaining that he had just died although they'd been divorced a long time. She also apologized profusely for what she had done, what they had done and even inferred that their marriage never had a chance because of the guilt they both had.

It just made me incredibly sad, on an even more incredibly sad week. I wish I hadn't even known. I could have gone through my whole life without hearing that or one more man saying, I was the one who got away when it was never me who actually did.

rellis10

tuh-maw-tow
Still sat at home waiting for this call about my job. Seriously, how long does it take to make a bloody decision when the jobs of 15 people are at risk? :(

EDIT: Just called up my company to see if they had any news, and it's still a "No, wait untill we call you"

AsianXL

Still sat at home waiting for this call about my job. Seriously, how long does it take to make a bloody decision when the jobs of 15 people are at risk? :(
Hey, sorry to hear that, I hope you receive some good news.

willowmoon

Don't Panic!

EDIT: Just called up my company to see if they had any news, and it's still a "No, wait untill we call you"
Nice for them to pile on the stress, huh? Bastards.

Linda

Just Chillaxin.

UGH! That is frustrating! I am sorry.

Rowan

wickedly delicious
I got a call from the doctor's office today. They got the results of my ultrasound on my throat and they see 7 nodules on and around my thyroid and suspect they are cancerous, so, I now need to go to an endochronologist and have a biopsy/biopsies done on my throat to either confirm that I have cancer or to disprove it.

I admit, I cried a little today when I heard this. :(

littlefairywren

Wren aka ISFJ
DM Supporter
I got a call from the doctor's office today. They got the results of my ultrasound on my throat and they see 7 nodules on and around my thyroid and suspect they are cancerous, so, I now need to go to an endochronologist and have a biopsy/biopsies done on my throat to either confirm that I have cancer or to disprove it.

Sending you positive thoughts, love and hugs, Rowan.

AuntHen

Chicken Whisperer 🐔
DM Supporter

I send you good thoughts and will keep you in my prayers dear girl!!

Rowan

wickedly delicious
Sending you positive thoughts, love and hugs, Rowan.
I send you good thoughts and will keep you in my prayers dear girl!!
Thanks guys...I really appreciate it.

Its funny...I always thought that if I was ever told I have cancer (dont know yet, mind you) that I'd handle it fine and just kind of be like....ok, whatever, but when I was told that today, I didnt take it very well...I was really saddened :(

MizzSnakeBite

Taking a Break From Here

I'm so sorry to hear this. This might be at least part of the reason why you're so tired. If you're to get cancer, thyroid cancer's the one to get, since it's so treatable. So, once your thyroid's removed, you should be ok. :)

((hugs))

Latest posts