What is your favorite Breakfast?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Neen

Free Spirit
What is your 'ultimate' favorite breakfast? If i could have my favorite breakfast it would be a toasted onion bagel with cream cheese, smoked salmon, a bit of mustard and capers, red onion! Delish! What is yours?

BeautifulPoeticDisaster

IHOP, lol. I want one of everything;)

What I used to get...

the steak omelet with hasbrowns and pancakes

With a side of french toast and strawberries.

That would more than fill me up....but oh how I love IHOP! I miss it sooo much!!

goofy girl

took a sharp left turn
OHHH man..breakfast is my FAVORITE!! A nice huge brunch is one of the few times I will break my "no buffet" rule!

If I can't be at a huge breakfast buffet, then my favorite is two eggs scrambled, peanut butter pancakes with LOTS of butter-no syrup, sausage and crispy hash browns.

Sugar Magnolia

so sweet.
I hate eggs.

However, eggs benedict would be my pick. It's probably been at least 5 years since I've had it, but yum!

Sweet Tooth

Deep. W i d e.
Breakfast is my favorite meal, but I have such a hard time choosing. Sometimes it has to be an omelette with hash browns. Sometimes pancakes. Sometimes French toast. I love those little sausage links with maple syrup. [Al Fresco makes a really nice natural sausage with maple syrup.] It's the one time I don't mind buffets so I can get a little bit of everything. If I'm at a restaurant, I'll choose an omelette since that's the thing I make at home that's the least consistent.

BeautifulPoeticDisaster

lol, I can't make an omelet, I try, but it always ends up scrambled eggs with stuff in it, lol....Mike has the same issue so we never have omelets in our house but we sure do enjoy our scrambled eggs with onion, bell pepper, ham and cheese in it, lol.

Crystal

As crazy as it sounds, I have NEVER been to IHop.

I know...it's a sad and pathetic thing. Especially since I'm in college, they stay open all night, and there's one right on the Strip (the road that runs through the middle of campus).

I LOVE pancakes and waffles, though. Nothing better than a homemade waffle with peanut butter and syrup. Mmmm, yummy.

sweetnnekked

Back From The Dead.
A four egg, swiss cheese and onion omelette with bacon and sausage and two heavily-buttered Thomases' English Muffins, coffee with h&h and a large glass of fresh squeezed pink grapefruit juice!!

I don't get this often and unfortunately, I can no longer drink grapefruit juice.:(

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
curried tofu scramble and a piece of buttery toast mmm. (i'm actually cooking the tofu right now :D )

qwertyman173

Andy from UK
Left over pizza from the night before! Nobody says that breakfast has to be breakfast foods!

toni

In the know
Eggs Benedict is to die for, that is my favorite thing at Perkins. I get it with double strip bacon (no Canadian bacon for me!)

If I am home, its lots of bacon, with two poached eggs, crispy hash browns and a bagel with butter.

or

A big helping of pastina. With lots of butter, milk, salt and eggs mixed in.

Sweet Tooth

Deep. W i d e.
lol, I can't make an omelet, I try, but it always ends up scrambled eggs with stuff in it, lol....Mike has the same issue so we never have omelets in our house but we sure do enjoy our scrambled eggs with onion, bell pepper, ham and cheese in it, lol.

I have a few tricks to making a good omelette, but it's like an eclipse... so many factors have to be just right for it to all fall into place. :)

I heat the pan pretty high to give it a nice bottom when I first put it in the pan, and then turn the heat down. I also use a lid for part of the time so the steam cooks the top of the omelette a bit. Just lift the edges periodically so the wet egg moves down to the bottom. I don't like tough, rubbery egg, but I also don't like totally uncooked egg in the middle. I don't care if they're thin [like in a restaurant] or thick and fluffy [like I make at home] as long as they're prefectly done.

My biggest problem with doing it at home is the timing of adding the fats in the right amount so they don't burn and the eggs don't stick. I hate nonstick pans, so it becomes a challenge.

ThikJerseyChik

Sweet & Salty ;)
My all time favorite breakfast is 3 banana nut pancakes w/ a side of crisp bacon, fresh squeezed OJ and a fresh hot cup of java! YUM!

TearInYourHand

Mistress Member
Could someone give me some tips on how to make the perfect poached egg? My fave brekkie may just be poached eggs on toast, but every time I have ever tried to make it at home, it is a runny mess!

toni

In the know
Sorry, I can't. I make them at home but I like em when they are a runny mess. :smitten:

intraultra

big monster lover
my family's standard christmas morning breakfast... scrambled eggs (mine topped with american cheese), toast with butter, fried potatoes, and sausage. i'm addicted to most breakfast foods, though.

TearInYourHand

Mistress Member
Sorry, I can't. I make them at home but I like em when they are a runny mess. :smitten:

Maybe I should have worded it better. I like it when the eggs are a runny mess once they are on my toast....but when I make them the eggs don't even seem to be able to hold together in the water when they're poaching. I know you can add vinegar, and I've tried that, but to no avail.

Does anyone have a surefire method?

Latest posts