What kind of HS extracurricular activities did you do?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Corey

Corey
I ran track and played club baseball. Ran the 400, 800, (usually in relays for those) the 1600 and the 3200. My senior year I ran the 1600 at 3A state in Colorado Springs (6000+ feet above sea level) at 4:41 and came in...11th place out of a field of 18. That was my best time though so I was stoked.

I played center field and 1B in baseball but I’m not very tall and if you have a taller guy with a good glove he makes for a better 1b than a shorter guy with a good glove. Once I got a little bigger and kids could hit in the air to the outfield I grew to love center field. Plus no other position in baseball has its own song.

I’m addicted to the adrenaline of playing centerfield. I made varsity my freshman year of high school and played 2nd base for the first time and absolutely hated it...no action at all. In club ball I was catcher, but my HS team already had a good (and huge) catcher. Then a few games in, our Senior center fielder got injured on the field and had to sit out a few games. They switched me to centerfield and that was the first time I played outfield, and I LOVED it. I got so much action that I felt like a puppy dog playing catch from beginning to end. When the senior was ready to play again, she didn’t get her spot back. 😁 I played CF the rest of high school.

Barbsjw

Funny BB story: My Buddy Sarah had a classmate named Tim. Tim's Buddy Kevin told me during Senior year that Tim had a crush on Sarah. We got them together, and double dated to the Senior Prom.

op user

Just French club in HS - I complained loudly enough for not making a trip to Quebec to practice French, to publish in the HS paper. In the University I was much more active

I just remembered I had joined the Ski club and I learned to ski and I didn't practised again besides one time in an artificial slope in the University

Last edited:

Rojodi

So many people here seem actually athletic, not just skinny and sedentary.
I was one of those people who gravitated towards sports. My parents were "You want to play, go right ahead", never forced to play any sport. My parents were proud, though, that I did back up my SGA time by scoring the first two goals for the team.

Dad was especially proud that I joined the Computer Club, seeing that he worked next to the bank's Computer Room, and those men and women thought I should study programming more LOL

Rojodi

I played on the soccer team - hard to believe it now considering that I get winded climbing stairs. 100 pounds more really DOES make a difference! But mostly I was a "music" person: high school band, orchestra, All-City Band, All-City Orchestra, etc.
I married a band geek, but she's more mortified by the fact, all these years, people still call me Disco Rog LOL
She was first clarinet at school, second all county and state! My mom's family loved her: she could play polkas LOL

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
We moved half-way through my high-school years, which really changed what I took part in.

First two years at a public high-school in Canada:
- cross-country running
- cross-country ski racing
- track (1500 meters) (first year only)
- curling (first year only)
- Orchestra (double bass)
- Math contest training club
(outside of school I played hockey, took life-guarding lessons (and guarded the summer I was 16), and played a lot of dungeons & dragons type games with friends)

Last two years at an english-language private school in France (a LOT smaller)
- Model United Nations
- Math competitions
(outside of school I eventually took up running on my own, did some informal/private swimming instruction, and did a lot of babysitting for some of the American kids who lived near us. And my family did a lot of traveling)

Latest posts