What says your warning label?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Donna

Big Harpy Energy

God, I miss cuddling! There’s something so rewarding, and calming, when someone wraps their arms around you, you lay your head on their chest and listen to their heartbeat. Or vice versa. Your breathing and theirs synchronize. It is a balm to the soul.

Nevermind me, folks….I’m just having a moment here. Carry on.☺

Sonic Purity

Grateful
Nevermind me, folks….I’m just having a moment here. Carry on.☺
I have those moments pretty much every day. Back when i started significantly writing in 2010 as an anti-suicide measure, it felt like i was writing fat sex stories. Indeed, that’s often where it started. Always the stories turned into affectionate loving romance stories—every time. A few years in i stopped deluding myself that i was writing anything other than fat love romance novels with excessively graphic sex at points. But mostly romance and personal/interpersonal struggles.

True story from the real world, nothing to do with fiction:

A few years ago when Craigslist Personals were still viable, the deep unrequited ache inside for loving intimacy which so often overwhelms me and pushes me towards ensuring my nonexistence as a human became strong enough that i was perusing the CL Personals.

Inside my brain, reading the sex ones: {Uhhh, i dunnoooo… Hhhh. I want that kind of intimacy, but… so scary. So possibly… dangerous} plus a long string of what-ifs.

Found a post for a cuddle party. Literally: keys were in my hand, wallet with driver’s license etc. in my pocket in seconds, before i even finished reading the post. Ready. To. Go: walk right out the door and cuddle!

Went back to read the post to get the address: 400+ miles away in Santa Rosa.

That wasn’t the worst of it.
Single Women: Come on over!
Couples: Come on over!
Single Men: Back of the line! 3 month waiting list and growing.

That was a rough evening. If i’d had a reliable means of ending my life at that time, you’d not be reading this post.

Donna

Big Harpy Energy
I have those moments pretty much every day. Back when i started significantly writing in 2010 as an anti-suicide measure, it felt like i was writing fat sex stories. Indeed, that’s often where it started. Always the stories turned into affectionate loving romance stories—every time. A few years in i stopped deluding myself that i was writing anything other than fat love romance novels with excessively graphic sex at points. But mostly romance and personal/interpersonal struggles.

True story from the real world, nothing to do with fiction:

A few years ago when Craigslist Personals were still viable, the deep unrequited ache inside for loving intimacy which so often overwhelms me and pushes me towards ensuring my nonexistence as a human became strong enough that i was perusing the CL Personals.

Inside my brain, reading the sex ones: {Uhhh, i dunnoooo… Hhhh. I want that kind of intimacy, but… so scary. So possibly… dangerous} plus a long string of what-ifs.

Found a post for a cuddle party. Literally: keys were in my hand, wallet with driver’s license etc. in my pocket in seconds, before i even finished reading the post. Ready. To. Go: walk right out the door and cuddle!

Went back to read the post to get the address: 400+ miles away in Santa Rosa.

That wasn’t the worst of it.
Single Women: Come on over!
Couples: Come on over!
Single Men: Back of the line! 3 month waiting list and growing.

That was a rough evening. If i’d had a reliable means of ending my life at that time, you’d not be reading this post.
im glad you didn’t have those resources. I’ve been there. If you ever need an empathetic & non-judgmental ear, I’ll listen. 💛

Latest posts