What song is currently stuck in your head?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Volt01

VOLKSWAGEN DRIVING SHORTSTACK LOVING BADASS

little canadian hit about the beach boys singer

Mel KM

Jack swears by Bohemian Rhapsody as a way to push stuck songs out of your head. I have to admit, it hasn’t failed me yet.

Sonic Purity

Grateful
Sometimes great videogames make great music. Music that get stuck in your head for many years. Here is one tune from Namco's Ridge Racer!

That was nice!—and i’m not a gamer.

I had no idea how much music video games had until hearing The Video Game Music Show on KSPC Claremont (California) for the first time, likely back around 2000. Still running today, though due to restrictive California lockdowns, it’s pre-recorded rather than live (and i don’t know if it’s new pre-records or just re-runs).

Unfortunately that station does not make its recorded show archives publicly available, so the only way to hear it is streaming (or listening locally over 88.7 MHz FM) when it is scheduled, which is Sunday 5-7 PM Pacific Time, currently UTC-8 which would make it 1-3 AM UTC, or if i’m reading things correctly 9-11 PM Atlantic Standard Time, which looks like it may cover Coamo, P.R.

Apparently they stopped logging playlists when the first lockdown started back in March. Nevertheless, one can look at these older playlists to get an idea of whether listening to the program might be appealing or not.

The KSPC Listen Live page has the various options for hearing them (whatever is live airing at a given moment).

I’m fond of their genuine oldies show Forward Into The Past, which plays songs from the dawn of recorded music (e.g. cylinder records) through about the 1950s, sometimes newer. DJ Randy Brian is a walking encyclopedia of music from this era, to the point of having written liner notes for any number of reissue CDs. This also airs Sunday, 2-5 PM Pacific Time (just before The Video Game Music Show). 2-3 and 4-5 are music, typically revolving around one or more themes, the theme usually being seasonal or timely for each week. 3-4 PM is an hour of usually 2 half hour old time radio shows: dramas, soap operas, comedies, usually with all the original commercials, network jingles, etc. I don’t listen to it every week (and i always skip the old time radio hour), but when one’s in the mood for it, it’s educational in a fun way as well as entertaining.

Jack swears by Bohemian Rhapsody as a way to push stuck songs out of your head. I have to admit, it hasn’t failed me yet.

How does that work when Bohemian Rhapsody itself is the stuck song? This has happened to several people i know over the years.
(Spectacular avatar pic, BTW)

Mel KM

That was nice!—and i’m not a gamer.

I had no idea how much music video games had until hearing The Video Game Music Show on KSPC Claremont (California) for the first time, likely back around 2000. Still running today, though due to restrictive California lockdowns, it’s pre-recorded rather than live (and i don’t know if it’s new pre-records or just re-runs).

Unfortunately that station does not make its recorded show archives publicly available, so the only way to hear it is streaming (or listening locally over 88.7 MHz FM) when it is scheduled, which is Sunday 5-7 PM Pacific Time, currently UTC-8 which would make it 1-3 AM UTC, or if i’m reading things correctly 9-11 PM Atlantic Standard Time, which looks like it may cover Coamo, P.R.

Apparently they stopped logging playlists when the first lockdown started back in March. Nevertheless, one can look at these older playlists to get an idea of whether listening to the program might be appealing or not.

The KSPC Listen Live page has the various options for hearing them (whatever is live airing at a given moment).

I’m fond of their genuine oldies show Forward Into The Past, which plays songs from the dawn of recorded music (e.g. cylinder records) through about the 1950s, sometimes newer. DJ Randy Brian is a walking encyclopedia of music from this era, to the point of having written liner notes for any number of reissue CDs. This also airs Sunday, 2-5 PM Pacific Time (just before The Video Game Music Show). 2-3 and 4-5 are music, typically revolving around one or more themes, the theme usually being seasonal or timely for each week. 3-4 PM is an hour of usually 2 half hour old time radio shows: dramas, soap operas, comedies, usually with all the original commercials, network jingles, etc. I don’t listen to it every week (and i always skip the old time radio hour), but when one’s in the mood for it, it’s educational in a fun way as well as entertaining.

How does that work when Bohemian Rhapsody itself is the stuck song? This has happened to several people i know over the years.
(Spectacular avatar pic, BTW)
Thank you!
lol I don’t know, I’ll have to ask him what to do if Bohemian Rhapsody IS the song you have stuck in your head!

Lear

From the Final Fantasy XIV soundtrack, the theme for The Lost City of Amdapor (Hard).

Latest posts