What song is currently stuck in your head?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Shotha - are you sure you're not my mother???

First Levantine collaboration, now Barbara .... or did you just steal her playlist .... ;)?
Agouderia,
Firstly, let me assure you that I don't reproduce. I'm not that sort of boy.

In the sixth form at school, as part of our aural training in the language laboratory, the French teacher would give us a song to write down and translate. Many of the songs were by Barbara. They have remained favourites of mine ever since. I studied French and, to a lesser extent, Greek. So, I follow French and Greek music rather than English-language music.

SSBHM

The duet of Jason Aldean and Carrie Underwood singing "If I didn't love you."

Sort of sad, melancholy, but beautiful tones, and lyrics that are haunting, also really great guitar interludes.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Last Friday I got to see Billy Joel in concert (I've been a fan since my older siblings bought his album The Stranger when I was about 10 years old). For some reason ever since I keep getting Billy Joel songs stuck in my head that he did NOT play at the concert.

Anyway, have a cheesy-fun 80s video. Billy Joel, "Second Wind"

Sonic Purity

Grateful
Lookin’ for Love, apparently by Johnny Lee

Doesn’t sound like what was in my memory audio player, but apparently my brain is wrong. It’s in my head related to a discussion over on Discord. It’ll be eased out soon.

Friendly reminder to all: while it may seem redundant to put the song titles and artists in text in these sorts of posts, it’s really not. YouTube and other sites take down videos all the time, and even if the video is still up, geo blocks sometimes prevent many Dimmers elsewhere in the world from accessing the video. If that wasn’t enough, people running with Javascript off and those getting the daily Dims email digest don’t get anything—unless one types stuff out in text as i did above (coloring optional; i do it to make things stand out better). Since Dims posts are forever, when someone comes by months or years later, if you typed in the title and artist in text, even though the video comes up blank for them with absolutely no song title/artist text, they know what you had in mind and can do their own search if they want.

I have an older post on this, which went long and had screenshot examples.

Big Thanks to everyone who’s been doing this all along in their various video/music posts!

A friend has started calling me Watermelon Man, because he says that my belly's so big that it looks as if I've swallowed a watermelon whole. I quite like the new name but now I can't get this song out of my head.

Latest posts