What the hell, Internet?? Why?? Karina Irby slammed for Body Positivity Discourse

Discussion in 'Fat in the Media' started by John Smith, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Jul 18, 2019 #1

John Smith

John Smith

John Smith

I'm going to be straight up coarse mannered, but who the infinite f**** are those people who slams a body positivity advocate about a body-positively point she did made about self-image issues??

"After receiving considerable backlash over her photoshopped bikini picture, in which she made herself look curvier than she is, bikini designer Karina Irby finally opened up about why she had chosen to edit her photo.

https://www.meaww.com/amp/news/karina-irby-deletes-photoshopped-instagram-post-reveals-goal-behind-curvy-photo

In an interview with Daily Mail Australia, the founder of Moana Bikini admitted that there was a purpose behind her choice to photoshop herself to look fatter. She explained that her goal was to call out women who tamper with their photos and selfies to make themselves look thinner or smoothen out the cellulite to appear flawless."

[​IMG]

2. Aug 3, 2019 #2

GeeseHoward

GeeseHoward

GeeseHoward

Funnily enough though I believe this kinda reverse photoshopping is becoming more popular on Instagram. What's the bet that big bellies eventually become sexy too.

sarahe543 and John Smith like this.
  3. Aug 4, 2019 #3

rickc1970

rickc1970

rickc1970

She is making a good point. I think women should be able to feel comfortable posting their pics without Photoshop or a filter. The problem is now days all these people that want to "fat shame" people who post pics of themselves. What is funny to me is that the ladies I see being fat shamed are very beautiful. If some people don't like their pics then don't look. I hope all you beautiful ladies keep on sharing your pics.

John Smith likes this.
  4. Aug 10, 2019 #4

HEK

HEK

HEK

SHE IS GOURGEOUS !...who is perfect and please explain perfection....