Quantcast

What was the craziest thing you experienced in 2020?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
Let's share some of the craziest things we have experienced in 2020. What made this year especially remarkable for you? I mean it is 2020 - the should be potential for some crazy stuff...

I'll go first.

I met and talk(ed) to a lot of interesting people. I never thought that I have so much to tell about various topics. It is definitely in my top 5.

The craziest moment that happened to me in 2020 was actually meeting one of this community.

It was a very special moment. Making the effort to go quite a distance to meet me at the end for only a few minutes - I will never forget this.

Maybe you have some remarkable moments to share, too?

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
This is one of those things that is only crazy in light of who I am. Just before covid hit I'd gotten back up to my previous high weight, the point where before I'd always then lost some weight, as it was the highest I could get and still buy clothes that fit in many stores and not have my weight/size start interfering in every day activities. I was just ramping up for the Spring bike-to-work season to start accomplishing that loss. And then Covid hit, and I ordered a stretchier pair of jeans. Then bought larger shorts for the Summer, and a larger jacket for the Fall. Now I have bought jeans a size up from what I've ever bought before (and which yes, very few stores carry).

I'm only several pounds heavier than my previous high, but without ever quite officially deciding that I'm staying here for now, I seem to have all the same decided that I am. It has the exected inconveniences in clothing, belly getting in the way, in occasionaly comments from my wife, all the things that made me sagely turn away from settling in to this size before, but crazily I now seem to be settling into it all the same.

stampy

DimensionsModel
The craziest thing from my 2020 was literally and figuratively crazy. I was hospitalized for anxiety and depression in March 2020, and at the psychiatric hospital I was groped by a geriatric dementia patient and given the wrong medications, which were highly sedating with my other correct highly sedating medications and am lucky to be alive.

Aqw

DM Supporter
In 2020 I've been through a kind of depression after the first quarantine here in Europe. It was hard for me to be alone at home. And thanks to family (far away though) and one of you here (thank you DazzlingAnna), I went up the slope. A after I'm in a relation, not what I thought about at first. A down and an up in the same year.

littlefairywren

Wren aka ISFJ
DM Supporter
So my year has been crazy (read stressful) and I'll be glad when it settles.
My stepfather was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease. Then in August, on my mum's birthday, I broke things off with my fella (terrible day), but I had no choice. Two weeks later my stepfather ended up in hospital with a collapsed lung and stayed for five weeks. Within one week of his admittance, my 72yr old mother fell off a ladder (you'd have to know her to understand why), fracturing her left leg in three places. The bonus was she ended up in hospital with my stepfather so he had company. Trying to stay positive, but there are days.

Ffancy

The craziest thing for me (so far, 2020 could still have some tricks up its sleeve) has been somehow, while in lockdown, turning a casual acquaintance into a dear friend. It’s too soon to say he’s my soulmate but we’ve come to know and trust each other deeply, our passions and our missions align, and now I’m waiting for travel restrictions to end so we can spend time together in person. And stop spending so much time on the phone lol.

Joker

I got shot in the arm with a pellet gun because some guy thought I was moving in on his prime dumpster. Truth be told I saw a chair in one that I was going to give to a homeless friend to sit outside his tent. The wound was pretty deep and they arrested the guy for assault but to make things easy he decided to go into a hospital for an unknown amount of time if I dropped charges. He is still there many months later.

Munchausen

Dedicated Amateur
Wow. So many big things happening here.

The craziest thing from my 2020 was literally and figuratively crazy. I was hospitalized for anxiety and depression in March 2020, and at the psychiatric hospital I was groped by a geriatric dementia patient and given the wrong medications, which were highly sedating with my other correct highly sedating medications and am lucky to be alive.
This made me cringe thinking about the situation. Glad you're still with us @stampy.

@BigElectricKat, your and Hannah's story is super sweet and relatable. And honestly, it'll be pretty cool to have this written record of your early relationship for you to look back on. Especially with your literary flair.

@Aqw, it's awesome that you've found a silver lining to the whole situation. Nice job.

Holy smokes @littlefairywren, there are days is right. That's a lot to go through all at once. I hope it all works out as well as it can. Thanks for playing word games on here with me all this time.

And @Ffancy, soulmates or not, I wish you the best of luck. If you can pull even a solid friendship out of this quarantine hat, I salute you. Go get him girl! (when it's safe, of course)

Edit: I was so into all the things you guys have done that I forgot to mention my crazy thing. I finally got up the guts (in the weirdest time) to get my photography business off the ground.

Last edited:

Tracyarts

Moving, on short notice, from the middle of a large metropolitan area to the far edge of the exurbs in a mostly rural county. Which, the way urban sprawl is going and given how much development is happening out here, we will be part of the suburbs in a few years. But for now it feels like living in the country.

Barrett

OMG, Becky, look at his belly.
DM Supporter
I finally got up the guts (in the weirdest time) to get my photography business off the ground.
I really wish I had a thing that I could call "my thing," along with the resources (mainly money) to get it off the ground.

I was furloughed from my job in early April, and then all of a sudden in May, they decided that they couldn't afford to start back up, so they closed the plant.
They've made weak, tentative noises about MAYBE starting back up after the start of the year, but after all this time being out of work, I REALLY don't want to go back to work for someone else. Like, I don't want to really a lot.

I've wanted to start an online bookstore for as long as I can remember, and I have some creative stuff that I do, but it's nothing unique.
Both of those avenues would have me competing with already-well-established entities in an already over-flowing marketplace for the same things, so they are pretty much non-starters in my eyes.

Something crazy I *wish* would happen would be falling into enough money to not have to worry about working anymore.

Latest posts