Quantcast

What were they thinking?? (Lane Bryant)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

My husband and I were on the Lane Bryant (Lame Giant to those who've expressed dissatisfaction with their clothes) site out of curiosity (I used to shop there and hated the frumpy weird clothes they tend to carry,am now too small to do so any longer) and saw these awful shirts that will probably end up either getting you laughed at and/or make you look bigger than you really are (And the prices...oh lord.)

Exhibit A:

This "lovely" colorblock top (at the low, low price of "just" $39.50 will undoubtedly make you look like 50 pounds heavier with its outdated style and empire waist. Who buys this junk anyway? Look for it on the $6.98 rack in about four months if you really want this piece of shite.

Exhibit B:

Another colorblock top (this one is $29.50) is a throwback to the bad old days of plus-size "fashion" where you took what you could or went naked (Good for FA's, bad for fat haters) I believe the thinking on this one was "Delta Burke meets Sammy Hagar gone fat". If you like not being tormented, avoid wearing this even if you have to dress in a bag to do so.

Exhibit C:

This one comes straight from Grandma's closet to you, but then again even my grandma wouldn't wear this...she has better taste.

Exhibit D:

What kind of buyer looked at this and thought it was attractive? Must've been Stevie Wonder, but then again even Stevie has better taste than this...and he's blind.

Why, oh why do they think if a woman is fat she likes ugly prints and weird patterns? I went through this when I was a BBW and wondered why I had to look like a grandma or some wannabe fashion designer's experiment gone horribly wrong.

I feel for those of you who have no other options than these atrocities, but at the same time am glad that I don't have to wear it.

I feel your pain!

+PMK+

LalaCity

I think the bottom two are hideous. The top two, well they vaguely remind me of the YSL Mondrian shift dress of the 60s and the geometric print fad it inspired...albeit in a typically cheap LB polyester way -- but not ugly, imo.

AshleyEileen

chunky
  • A and C are both close to selling out in my store.
  • D was gone after having it for 4 days.
  • We don't have B yet.

I think the bottom two are hideous. The top two, well they vaguely remind me of the YSL Mondrian shift dress of the 60s and the geometric print fad it inspired...albeit in a typically cheap LB polyester way -- but not ugly, imo.

I wouldn't be caught dead in any of these, but to each her own, I guess.

• A and C are both close to selling out in my store.
  • D was gone after having it for 4 days.
  • We don't have B yet.
Well, I've seen those godawful Eeyore hoodies that they used to sell at my local Wal-Mart fly off the shelves, so I guess if you put things on skinny models, fat girls will buy them, no matter how hideous they are.

Good marketing can make crap look like gold.

AshleyEileen

chunky
Well, I've seen those godawful Eeyore hoodies that they used to sell at my local Wal-Mart fly off the shelves, so I guess if you put things on skinny models, fat girls will buy them, no matter how hideous they are.

Good marketing can make crap look like gold.
Our models are a size 14 and when you go into a store to shop, the only models are the associates. Many of the associates are size 20-26.

Most of my wardrobe is from LB; I'm constantly complimented outside of work.

Our models are a size 14 and when you go into a store to shop, the only models are the associates. Many of the associates are size 20-26.

Most of my wardrobe is from LB; I'm constantly complimented outside of work.
That may be, but I have heard many more complaints about the clothes and their quality than compliments from people I know.

Oh well, different strokes for different folks, I guess.

cherylharrell

Always Mikes Big Girl
I agree. That stuff is ugly! LOL and I wsouldn't wear it either lol. Exhibit B would be cute if it were all in 1 color. Really the only thing I see in there I am wanting now is a nice wool sweater dress I saw. But it is sooo expensive. And the the modern knit pants in a tan type color (I have them in all the other colors)...

TraciJo67

Wow. I love vibrant colors, and the color block effect. I have several shirts/sweaters almost exactly like the first two. The latter two aren't my taste, but I certainly don't consider them hideous.

LB's prices would be my only quibble point ... but then, I seldom buy anything, in any store, without it being on sale first and without additional store coupons. My favorite haunt is Fashion Bug. A few weeks ago, I scored a sweater, jeans & adorable pair of shoes for well under $60. Full retail was $129.

Tooz

sweet chocolate christ
The first one is...alright. The rest is barf-worthy. Absolutely junk, and for a premium price.:rolleyes:

Tooz

sweet chocolate christ
Well, junk in your opinion which is, I take it, the only *correct* opinion? :rolleyes:
'Scuse me, I think you took a wrong turn and ended up riiiight up my ass. You meant to make a left at that light, I think.

Everyone else expressed their opinion on this thread as well, but somehow MINE is different? Oh, oops.

IN MY EVER SO HUMBLE OPINION,
it is complete shit.

There. :rolleyes:

TraciJo67

'Scuse me, I think you took a wrong turn and ended up riiiight up my ass. You meant to make a left at that light, I think.

Everyone else expressed their opinion on this thread as well, but somehow MINE is different? Oh, oops.

IN MY EVER SO HUMBLE OPINION,
it is complete shit.

There. :rolleyes:
Well, no. You just happened to catch the brunt of it, because you posted the same "it's teh suck" opinion that several other people did, right after I said that I happen to have shirts that look almost exactly like those highlighted.

But yeah, you're right. I hopped all over you, and should have restrained myself. It shouldn't matter what you think of my taste, or anyone else's. You have a right to your opinion.

toni

In the know
Why do they make such ugly clothes? The first shirt is ok but I know it would look fucktarded when trying on. Everything is else is puke worthy.

BOOOOOOOO LB, you suck!

Weeze

Justin Bieber of Dims
I really like B.
C looks a little too young for MY grandma.... hmmm....

I sorta wonder where people DO shop for clothes around here, if Torrid and LB are too terrible xD

TraciJo67

Why do they make such ugly clothes? The first shirt is ok but I know it would look fucktarded when trying on. Everything is else is puke worthy.

BOOOOOOOO LB, you suck!
It wouldn't look good with every shape, that's for sure. I couldn't wear the 2nd blouse because it would highlight all too well that I have nothing in the chesticles department. But the first blouse, with my particular body shape (slim but .... lumpy :(), works very well in highlighting that which I want highlighted, and concealing that which I don't.

What does shock me is the prices. I can't imagine anyone being willing to pay $40 for a simple color block top. I could pick one up full-price at Macy's for half that.

I did a lot of shopping at Dress Barn when I was wearing + sizes. The only store that I avoided at all cost was Catherine's. Lots of puffy sleeves, lots of applique, far too many cutesy animals sewn onto glittery fabric. Didn't appeal to me at all.

Tooz

sweet chocolate christ
Well, no. You just happened to catch the brunt of it, because you posted the same "it's teh suck" opinion that several other people did, right after I said that I happen to have shirts that look almost exactly like those highlighted.

But yeah, you're right. I hopped all over you, and should have restrained myself. It shouldn't matter what you think of my taste, or anyone else's. You have a right to your opinion.
I just read the OP and then busted out with a reply. I actually did not even read yours before replying. Lane Bryant just burns me up, which was what I was trying to get at in th' post.

Crossed signals aplenty on internet forums, it seems. Har har :batting: