What's making you laugh right now? :)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
That moment when Michael Dorn tells Patrick Stewart and Johnathan Franks to "suck his ridges"

AuntHen

Chubby ballet 🩰
DM Supporter
I saw this comment on a Linda Rondstadt live video... 😂

"I saw Linda live in 1979 or 80. A total mess, drunk, coked up for days and wild eyed. That was me of course, she was awesome."

Billl

While I realize it is not funny, funny, I still find some odd humor, fascination, in the cargo ship stuck in the Suez Canal and the photos of these small tug boats set against the ship.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
While I realize it is not funny, funny, I still find some odd humor, fascination, in the cargo ship stuck in the Suez Canal and the photos of these small tug boats set against the ship.
I know it was an accident, but I keep hearing in my head "THIS was not the time and place to practice your parallel parking!"

When I decide that I fancy some hot cinnamon muffins, but prepare breakfast without my glasses and hurriedly grab the the wrong bottle instead. A mouth full of cumin and brown sugar came as a bit of a shock this morning. 😄
Now I'm curious, how did that taste?

A couple of weeks ago I was making up a stir-fry, and accidentally grabbed the container* of baking soda instead of the container of corn starch. Tossed it into the wok and was very confused why everything started foaming up. ( Fortunately it was a recipe where you do the meat first and set that aside while you soften the veggies and make the sauce with the veggies, so we only had to prep new veggies as the meat was safe.)

* a big glass container that we refill from the bulk store, so while it obviously did not look like the corn starch container it is also generic enough and similar in size enough that I somehow didn't twig to what I had done in time.

littlefairywren

Wren aka ISFJ
DM Supporter
Now I'm curious, how did that taste?

A couple of weeks ago I was making up a stir-fry, and accidentally grabbed the container* of baking soda instead of the container of corn starch. Tossed it into the wok and was very confused why everything started foaming up. ( Fortunately it was a recipe where you do the meat first and set that aside while you soften the veggies and make the sauce with the veggies, so we only had to prep new veggies as the meat was safe.)

* a big glass container that we refill from the bulk store, so while it obviously did not look like the corn starch container it is also generic enough and similar in size enough that I somehow didn't twig to what I had done in time.
It wasn't totally unpleasant, after all it's the background for a lovely Moroccan dish. I think the brown sugar stopped me from having what may have been a good gagging.
I love cumin, but not with a cup of tea. 😁

Cooking mishaps can sometimes turn into a recipe stroke of genius, but foaming veges don't count lol.

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
This made me laugh today...

...when my son explained to a neighbor why I couldn't talk to him and why I was in a hurry ... he said: " you know, she cannot talk to you right now because she urgently needs a restroom."

😆

Last edited:

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
I was walking through a local park today and a ~7 year old girl and ~4 year old boy (I presume her brother) were riding their bikes, looking like every other kid in the park (for reference: in Canada). He was making all sorts of sounds effects and then when she stopped he deliberately aimed to bump into the back of her bike. She burst outwith "Could you stop being so annoying" in the absolutely plummiest british accent I've heard in person in Canada. I don't know why this is still cracking me up so much, I guess just because her accent was so unexpected, and normally I only hear those tones in high-concept british TV series, not from a kid chiding her little brother.

Latest posts