What's on the dinner table tonight?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurora1

curioser and curiouser
Ok, dinner tonight was spaghetti boulegnese with a salad and peanut butter brownies for dessert. I posted pics on the everyday food pics thread thingie. I would have taken pics of the spaghetti but boulegnese sauce isn't the most appetizing looking stuff but it sure it yummy!!! :eat2:

MaryClaire

I made corned beef and cabbage for the first time!

It was delish!

Made an Almond Pound Cake for dessert...

Wish I had someone to share it with.

Cors

Delurking
Ciabatta with fresh mozzarella, sliced mushrooms and parma ham paired with rocket, watercress and spinach leaves. Heavenly!

bexy

is red again <3
I made Sausage and Baked Bean casserole with Mashed Potatoes. Nice to get George eating proper home cooked food as he is an oven chips and chicken dippers kinda guy, so I am always on the lookout for home cooked recipes he will actually eat. He loved this, which made me happy as it had veg in and was a hearty meal :)

TearInYourHand

Mistress Member
I had a delicious, yummy dinner out tonight, at an Asian fusion restaurant in DC. Went out with another couple to celebrate a work related thing...and boy did I indulge!!! Here's what I had:

Appetizer: we split a Thai themed PuPu platter. It had tempura veggies, lobster spring rolls, short ribs, curry kabobs, and gyoza. It was really very good, but the only complaint I had (and the only complaint of the whole meal) was that it was a bit on the greasy side.

Entree: I had the Thai red snapper. It was pan seared, and served atop some DELICIOUS wasabi mashed potatoes and some stir fried julienne veggies for garnish. It had a soy ginger sauce and was delicious. Had a glass of cabernet to drink. The wasabi mashed potatoes were my favorite thing of the night, and I really want to try my hand out at making them at home some night!!

Dessert: So, by this time I was stuffed, but I had a few bites of some delectable chocolate caramel cake, and a few bites of a fried pistachio 'elephant ear' (fried pastry) with cardamom ice cream and dried apricot. Simply delicious!

So, now I am sitting in my bed, stuffed, drinking a large glass of Malbec (hey it is a celebratory night, right:)), watching TV, and getting ready to sleep like a baby.

george83

DADDY IN A DRESS
I made Sausage and Baked Bean casserole with Mashed Potatoes. Nice to get George eating proper home cooked food as he is an oven chips and chicken dippers kinda guy, so I am always on the lookout for home cooked recipes he will actually eat. He loved this, which made me happy as it had veg in and was a hearty meal :)
It was one of the best meals I have ever eaten as well :D :wubu:

TearInYourHand

Mistress Member
Tonight I was just in the mood to cook some delicious food and enjoy it. I seared some sea scallops in butter, deglazed the pan with white wine (a South African chardonnay for those who are interested. I had a sample at Whole Foods and was hooked! :) ). I had them with a mushroom risotto (with white mushrooms and shitake mushrooms) with white wine, onion, and garlic.

For dessert, I baked some homemade chocolate chip cookies.:eat2:

Cors

Delurking
Tonight I was just in the mood to cook some delicious food and enjoy it. I seared some sea scallops in butter, deglazed the pan with white wine (a South African chardonnay for those who are interested. I had a sample at Whole Foods and was hooked! :) ). I had them with a mushroom risotto (with white mushrooms and shitake mushrooms) with white wine, onion, and garlic.

For dessert, I baked some homemade chocolate chip cookies.:eat2:
Wow, that sounds divine! *drools*

Friday

Not fap material. Bye!
I finally have a functioning kitchen again. Not complete yet, but functioning. I may never touch a fast food burger or pizza again after nearly four months of them.

Tonight we had pork loin chops in mushroom gravy over steamed brown rice and a bucket of new asparagus, steamed with just a little butter and some saltless seasoning I picked up in Gilroy (garlic capital of the world) on the way home from Tina and Biggie's wedding. For dessert we had orange segments and fresh pineapple chunks tossed with a little honey and some shredded coconut. No pix, I was too hungry. :rolleyes:

Tracyarts

Baked salmon patties, rice pilaf, and green beans. Homemade gingerbread from an old 1930's houskeeping magazine recipe for dessert.

Tracy

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
Eggplant Lasagna. I use eggplant instead of pasta and tofu instead of cheese. It's tasty and healthy.

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
i use a couple zucchini when eggplant isn't great in size. It's not too bad at all! you don't miss the noodles. And tofu's a great substitute for ricotta if you're trying to go vegan

TearInYourHand

Mistress Member
I'm also having a vegan meal tonight! (I'm not vegan but I like to make vegan recipes from time to time to experiment).

I had a piece of whole wheat baguette sliced lengthwise, and the center scooped out. I filled it with a mixture of spinace sauteed in olive oil and garlic. I topped it with tomato and roasted it in the oven until crunchy. I had all of this with a side of sauteed zucchini in tomato sauce and a glass of red.

Mmmm! And healthy!

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
I had like 7 spring rolls tonight for dinner. They were uber yummy. It is the mark of awesome weather when i get the spring rolls out :)

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
Tonight's soft tacos. I got some yummer guac at Costco and some fire roasted salsa there. I have lettuce and high fiber tortillas as well as ground meatless that i flavor up with chili powder, onions and garlic. (Max loves soft tacos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Group builder