What's on the dinner table tonight?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Status
Not open for further replies.

lille

I made my super easy soup. I mean, soup in general tends to be pretty easy, but this one is idiot proof and after you get your broth to a boil only takes about 7 or 8 minutes.

GhostEater

I wasn't thinking so I didn't take pictures, but this past week I made a delicious spice cake with cream cheese frosting, and today I made Mexican Fried Rice and Refried Beans with my homemade chili powder (which I also made today). I'm so tired. I haven't stopped moving since this morning except for a four hour nap.

lille

Spaghetti squash with pasta sauce and veggie "italian sausage".

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
Winter has hardly started and I'm already in the daily mood for soup or stew. Specifically, a soup that could go into a bread bowl. But I need to find bread bowls. And gather the ingredients for a stew I could simmer all day on Sunday. Hmm.

But I want that now. :(

Green Eyed Fairy

Keeps on dancing
Winter has hardly started and I'm already in the daily mood for soup or stew. Specifically, a soup that could go into a bread bowl. But I need to find bread bowls. And gather the ingredients for a stew I could simmer all day on Sunday. Hmm.

But I want that now. :(
I have a solution.

It's called Atlanta Bread Co.

Green Eyed Fairy

Keeps on dancing
The one place I know where I can get bread bowls is closed on Sunday. When I can get them, I was planning on making my double cheese cauliflower soup. :)
I'll be expecting pics at this point, you tease :p

Chili with cheese and onions on top. Cornbread for Dear Husband, a side of veggies for me.
I like to make those Jiffy corn muffins with mine sometimes. What kind of veggies?

Ohio Lady

Baked chicken in cream of chicken soup, Mashed Potatoes, and Green Beans ~ Water to drink with Jolly Rancher Watermelon (sugar free) flavoring.

TearInYourHand

Mistress Member
The one place I know where I can get bread bowls is closed on Sunday. When I can get them, I was planning on making my double cheese cauliflower soup. :)
Um, recipe please for that delicious-sounding double cheese cauliflower soup!

I'm having lentil soup tonight.

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
Um, recipe please for that delicious-sounding double cheese cauliflower soup!

I'm having lentil soup tonight.
1 head cauliflower
2 cups water
1 5oz Kraft processed cheese spread*
1 8oz cream cheese, cubed
1/4 lb dried beef, rinsed and cut into strips (optional, if omitted salt to taste)
1/2 cup potato buds or flakes

Separate cauliflower into flowerettes, trimming stems. Place in a sauce pan with the water and bring to a boil. set aside
Set slow cooker to low. Place cheese spread and cream cheese on bottom of the pot. Pour the cauliflower and all the water into the pot. Put the beef and the potato flakes on top. Stir to mix well.

Cook on low 2-3 hours. Use additional potato flakes to thicken to desired consistency.

*You can substitute any cheese spread, pub cheese or Velveeta. I like to use Kraft Old English or Pimento.
**I tend to use a potato masher at the end of cooking, or a hand blender to break the cooked cauliflower into smaller bits.
:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Group builder