Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rojodi

Omelettes made from leftover New Year's spiral ham and veggies
Home fries with onions and slight dusting of Cajun spice

Saxphon

Tonight, it was Homemade Chicken Tortilla Soup, topped with cheese, sour cream and crushed tortilla chips. It has been cooking in the crockpot for about 5 hours, so everything is well blended and tasty. Yum, Yum.

plushkitty

Tonight, it was Homemade Chicken Tortilla Soup, topped with cheese, sour cream and crushed tortilla chips. It has been cooking in the crockpot for about 5 hours, so everything is well blended and tasty. Yum, Yum.
Ooh, got a recipe for that? It's been a while since I had good tortilla soup.

Saxphon

Ooh, got a recipe for that? It's been a while since I had good tortilla soup.
Well, much of this is due to taste. So, some of my measurements might be rather vague ....

* One Chicken Breast - grilled (or, get one of those pre cooked packaged chicken bags like Foster Farms) the southwest seasoned chicken works well. Cut into small pieces
* 2 cans of diced tomatoes - with green chilies
* 2 cans of chills beans
* 1 can of corn (drained)
* 1 tablespoon of minced garlic (more or less to taste)
* diced onion (to taste)
* chopped Cilantro (to taste)
* ground cumin (to taste, but don't over do it ...)
* some ground pepper
* 1/2 to 1 cup of water

I use a 6 qt crockpot. A large stew pot would work as well. The crockpot gives me a little more piece of mind, for me to walk away from my soup while it's cooking. I'd have to stay home to watch the stew pot on a stove. I put the onion, garlic, chicken, pepper, cumin, cilantro and corn in first. Let it warm some - stir. Then, tomatoes and beans. Add water as needed. Try to let it cook for several hours on medium. When served, I top my soup with crushed tortilla chips, cheese and sour cream. Again, this is all to taste - additional items can be added to change the flavor.

Enjoy.

Skye23

I got gifted with about 7 or 8lbs of Brie cheese so I've been working my way through and thinking of different ways to eat it. Tonight for my 2nd meal (aka dinner) I took a wedge of brie, topped it with pitted dates cut in half, wrapped the entire thing in bacon and put it in a nonstick pan. Then I dusted it with some Montana Mex Sweet Salt (sugar with salt and orange peel and chiles etc). Baked for about 20-25 minutes until the bacon had crisped a bit and caramelized and the brie was runny. Ate it with a nice Harry & David Pear (chilled to maximize the contrast between hot and cold).

Tracii

Smoked sausage, grilled onions and hot banana peppers over rice.
With a side of hash browns.
Left over apple pie as well.
Just what I had on hand I needed to use up.

Tracii

OK so it was enough to feed a few people but still it had to be used up LOL.
*poke poke* yourself :)

Tracii

More than two I'm sure Ha ha ha.
You are so bad but you know that I'm sure.

Rojodi

Spaghetti with meat sauce.
I had several odd pieces of beef in the freezer, seasoned them, threw them in the slow cooker with onions and garlic for 3 hours, added tomato paste, cooked for 2 more hours, diced the meat, and cooked for an hour.

Next time, adding peppers and ground fennel seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts