What's pissing you off today?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Streeeessing me out. I wonder sometimes if it is worth it when it sets off my anxiety so much. Kinda sick of feeling like I'm running around in circles exhausting myself only for people to keep complaining...

Anjula

the bitchy one
It's not just today, it's been a while. I'm gaining weight. Like, not anything horrible, my whole life I've been chubby but never had a belly, I always stored fat evenly everywhere else while maintaining a flat tummy with my hip bones visible. And now I have some hormonal imbalances and no matter how little I eat and how much I exercise I get fucking fat. I have decided a long long time ago I won't be meesing with my hormones if it's not anything serious and while PCOS is annoying it's really not that bad and I don't want to get pills or anything because I don't have any other symptoms (visible). Funny thing, the best way to treat PCOS is a vegan diet and I've been following one for years as you probably know so I just want to get everything under control naturally but I'm getting annoyingly fat. There is a crease on my stomach that has never been there and I'm going crazy because I can't do anything about it. My anxiety is at its highest, i can't dress the way I want, i can't eat (or I overeat), I have zero motivation to do anything. I have always had a horrible body image but it's getting out of hand lately. And yeah it's pissing me off as f*ck :D

dwesterny

Unpleasantly Plump
Anjula, I'm certain it must suck feeling like you don't have control over your body and I'm sorry. You're a gorgeous girl and my bet is you're being hypercritical of your own body and that the difference is not that noticeable to others. You're almost certainly being way too harsh and picking up on tiny things. Have you considered seeing a doctor about the problem? It sounds like it's distressing you enough that it might be a good idea. If you need any body feedback send noods and I will provide an impartial opinion! Kidding but seriously, you're super hot. I hope you feel better soon.

DragonFly

Ahem Prema
Staff member
Global Moderator
DM Supporter
I feel your pain... I'm a supper fatty and PCOS just added to the problems. Sending you positive vibes...

It's not just today, it's been a while. I'm gaining weight. Like, not anything horrible, my whole life I've been chubby but never had a belly, I always stored fat evenly everywhere else while maintaining a flat tummy with my hip bones visible. And now I have some hormonal imbalances and no matter how little I eat and how much I exercise I get fucking fat. I have decided a long long time ago I won't be meesing with my hormones if it's not anything serious and while PCOS is annoying it's really not that bad and I don't want to get pills or anything because I don't have any other symptoms (visible). Funny thing, the best way to treat PCOS is a vegan diet and I've been following one for years as you probably know so I just want to get everything under control naturally but I'm getting annoyingly fat. There is a crease on my stomach that has never been there and I'm going crazy because I can't do anything about it. My anxiety is at its highest, i can't dress the way I want, i can't eat (or I overeat), I have zero motivation to do anything. I have always had a horrible body image but it's getting out of hand lately. And yeah it's pissing me off as f*ck :D

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Bodies suck. I mean, they sure are convenient, can bring pleasure, carry around our brains, and all sorts of good stuff. But they sure don't make life simple or behave how we'd like. I'm old enough now to mostly be glad for what mine still does do, but I sure have had my share of angst over the years about my body letting me down: having to get glasses at eleven, stopping growing early, gaining weight any time I wasn't being super disciplined, hair being in full retreat by the time I finished university, allergies keeping me congested most of the time, gradually worsening digestive issues that eventually put beer, wine, all the lovely bean / lentil family and a lot of prepared foods on my no-go list, knee problems ...

So yah, I sympathize, freaking bodies, just when we think we've come to terms with them, they find another way to let us down :( All I can say is try to find some positives to focus on, allow yourself to be pissed but try to find ways to adjust, and figure out a way to get disgustingly rich so you can fund research into how we can reconstruct our bodies in more convenient ways!

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
Anjula - maybe this is a dumb question in this context, but: Have you had your thyroid thoroughly checked?

Because although it is by far the most common root cause of hormonal imbalances in the female body, thyroid testing is often done only superficially.

Also - thyroid research and treatment in continental Europe are way behind compared to the US and Japan - so doctors might not always consider it properly.

Get well soon!

DragonFly

Ahem Prema
Staff member
Global Moderator
DM Supporter
Anjula - maybe this is a dumb question in this context, but: Have you had your thyroid thoroughly checked?

Because although it is by far the most common root cause of hormonal imbalances in the female body, thyroid testing is often done only superficially.

Also - thyroid research and treatment in continental Europe are way behind compared to the US and Japan - so doctors might not always consider it properly.

Get well soon!
Really good point. I've had to ask in the past for thyroid tests. They don't like to do them it seems.

AmyJo1976

DM Supporter
Really good point. I've had to ask in the past for thyroid tests. They don't like to do them it seems.
Agreed, seeking medical attention seems like the best course of action. It could also just be age too. I never had a problem with weight until after 30, then all of a sudden it seemed like it became an issue. I struggled with it for years before finally finding self-acceptance.

Anjula

the bitchy one
Anjula, I'm certain it must suck feeling like you don't have control over your body and I'm sorry. You're a gorgeous girl and my bet is you're being hypercritical of your own body and that the difference is not that noticeable to others. You're almost certainly being way too harsh and picking up on tiny things. Have you considered seeing a doctor about the problem? It sounds like it's distressing you enough that it might be a good idea. If you need any body feedback send noods and I will provide an impartial opinion! Kidding but seriously, you're super hot. I hope you feel better soon.
NO NUDES FOR YOU MISTER, you're late to the party like, umm, well when I first joined I was a pic whore, half nudes (or nudes) were my specialty :p and yes, it sucks, I'm a control freak so it sucks twice as much ;) thanks for the kind words anyway sugar tits

I feel your pain... I'm a supper fatty and PCOS just added to the problems. Sending you positive vibes...
Thanks love ❤️

Bodies suck. I mean, they sure are convenient, can bring pleasure, carry around our brains, and all sorts of good stuff. But they sure don't make life simple or behave how we'd like. I'm old enough now to mostly be glad for what mine still does do, but I sure have had my share of angst over the years about my body letting me down: having to get glasses at eleven, stopping growing early, gaining weight any time I wasn't being super disciplined, hair being in full retreat by the time I finished university, allergies keeping me congested most of the time, gradually worsening digestive issues that eventually put beer, wine, all the lovely bean / lentil family and a lot of prepared foods on my no-go list, knee problems ...

So yah, I sympathize, freaking bodies, just when we think we've come to terms with them, they find another way to let us down :( All I can say is try to find some positives to focus on, allow yourself to be pissed but try to find ways to adjust, and figure out a way to get disgustingly rich so you can fund research into how we can reconstruct our bodies in more convenient ways!
That's a true war you went through! I'm happy you were able to find peace with yourself.
I feel like guys cope with body issues a lil better, don't you think?

Get well soon!
I had it checked some time ago since my mom and grandma both have some issues with it but it might be a good idea to check once again tbh. Thanks for the tip!

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
You called Dwes sugar tits. You are my new hero!!

I have a condition that causes me to retain fluid and my stomach swells (like fingers go from size 8 to 12 eithin an hour, or stomach goes from size 8 to size 12 too). I had reject the female gender image and come up wih what i thought was sexy a which is hard bc clothing is designed for a very generic body shape.

For example, i am ok with having some fat as long as it is "structured" over muscle...because they means it doesnt sag and jiggle around. Also, i had to learn to "hold" myself differently. Like, look at big beautiful black women - its so awesome and sexy to see the confident way they hold their bodies.

Try and find women of different body shapes and try to define what is sexy (beyond skinny) and you can model your wardrobe and the way you hold yourself off that.

Thats beyond medical stuff other ppl suggested

Anjula

the bitchy one
You called Dwes sugar tits. You are my new hero!!
hehehehe it's a win win

For example, i am ok with having some fat as long as it is "structured" over muscle...because they means it doesnt sag and jiggle around. Also, i had to learn to "hold" myself differently. Like, look at big beautiful black women - its so awesome and sexy to see the confident way they hold their bodies.
I was ok with being chubby because as I've mentioned here I had a crazy proportions, super slim waist (like 27 size pants) while my ass and hips were a comfy size 32 even. Now I'm getting an annoying fat tire, love handles(eww) and in general "jiggly" middle. I hate it so much it hurts. I adore fat woman, I find their bodies extremely beautiful, black white whatever. I don't have a problem with fat on anyone, I prefer it(obviously) but on me it's drives me crazy. It took me a long time to be even ok with my previous super sexy curvy state( as I call it now) but what's happening ATM is unacceptable for me.

I know I have a really bad mental problem, unfortunately med care( especially psychiatric) is really lame in Poland. I used to have a shrink( she was a therapist but had a psychiatric degree) because my panic attacks, anxiety and borderline personality were really annoying at some point and she ended up just prescribing me stuff ( might be because my depression was quite high lol but anyways). We talked about a lot of stuff but at the end it doesn't really help me. I had few mental docs and with them all it always ended up with meds to chill me and the regular boring talk. I have to deal with it myself and when it comes to my body image but I just don't have enough power to fight it. I need to do something about it tho, because it got to the point where when I'm waking up in the night to go to the toilet or get some water my first clear thoughts are body hating ones. Even today I woke up and started obsessing about how my hip bones don't stuck out clearly anymore when I'm laying down.

Tracii

Ha ha the guy say send "noods" and he will evaluate them ??
That is about as lame as it gets isn't it?

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Loopy, you need to be more careful with your packing ... I think you left the british weather behind on your trip, and like any invasive species it has been rampaging across the continent with nothing to slow it down.

Since Summer started, it has rained 18 of 22 days. For the year we are running at about double the rainfall seen in the past four years according to one chart I saw recently. At the big, two week, Summer music festival here you see more people carrying rain ponchos than water bottles (it has been well below seasonal average temperatures too).

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
Loopy, you need to be more careful with your packing ... I think you left the british weather behind on your trip, and like any invasive species it has been rampaging across the continent with nothing to slow it down.

Since Summer started, it has rained 18 of 22 days. For the year we are running at about double the rainfall seen in the past four years according to one chart I saw recently. At the big, two week, Summer music festival here you see more people carrying rain ponchos than water bottles (it has been well below seasonal average temperatures too).
This is definitely not Loopy's fault. The UK is currently having the hottest spring/summer since 1976. Ask the royal met office.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator

This is definitely not Loopy's fault. The UK is currently having the hottest spring/summer since 1976. Ask the royal met office.
I stole the sunshine and gave you the rain.

Unfortunate, as I hate hot weather like this and much rather have cold and rain. :doh:

ODFFA

Rainy winters are (were? :( ) my favourite thing about Cape Town. I'm with you 100%, Loops. Cuddle weather all the way. The #1 question I always get asked when telling people I lived in England is, "Didn't the weather depress you?!" Sometimes I say no a little too emphatically

I'm daring to hope the weather starts normalising for us all, though. The sooner, the better.

dwesterny

Unpleasantly Plump
It's raining cats and dogs here too, had to careful walking to work not to step in a poodle.