What's pissing you off today?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Anjula

the bitchy one
I also don't like super hot summers but it's fucking freezing in Poland. Wtf summer Wtf

BUT WHAT REALLY PISSED ME OFF TODAY- some shit excuse of a human stole my fucking wallet. I had an equivalent of some people monthly salary in it (we're picking up our vanagon from the shop tomorrow and I had cash ready for it + 100$ I got from my dad) and all my documents (almost all) and our second car documents and it was a Calvin Klein wallet worth more than a 100$. Oh and I was in a fucking thrift store because I'm fucking saving money for my place renovation this September and I needed pillows for my country house so I went to the thrift store to get some cheap ones and while I was looking at pants for my bf my wallet was either stolen directly from me or it fell to the floor and someone "found it". I hate people. I really fucking hate people.

Ps. Are we allowed to say fuck on dims?

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
Poor Anjula - that's awful! I feel so sorry for you!

Admittedly though, Warsaw is one of the cities where I always leave anything valuable in the central hotel safe - and take as little in cash and documents/cards with me as possible (same applies to Rome, Brussels, any larger city in Spain, DC, NY, etc. etc.)

Cash is always gone - but I hope you at least get the wallet & documents back, to save that hassle. Sometimes pick-pockets will only take the cash & through the wallet itself away, so it is often found.

P.S. Regarding language - keep it as polite as possible....

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
Oh that sucks soo bad!!!!! I am so sorry!!

----

My dogs are more intelligent, inutuitive, educated, and know more about processes, procedures, root cause analysis, and consequences than my coworkers. No one at the office gives a shit, i heard my boss and another boss talking about me in russian (just heard my name in there 3 times). So now i am both pissed AND paranoid!

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
My dogs are more intelligent, inutuitive, educated, and know more about processes, procedures, root cause analysis, and consequences than my coworkers.
I hear you. The best strategist I ever encountered on this planet was our cat.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
i heard my boss and another boss talking about me in russian (just heard my name in there 3 times). So now i am both pissed AND paranoid!
There may or may not be any point, but I'd document the people and time. If you see it a lot could be relevant in any future complaints against the company :(

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
Oh yeah. Im the biatch who emails ppl (politely) "as per our convo you chose to ignore my advice" =p so then later i can show i emailed.

This stuff is just so petty its the tech equivalent of you chosing where to go to lunch then i claim it as my idea.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Warning: pure ranting ahead.

Have you seen the movie Zootopia? Remember the scene at the driver's license bureau, where it was all staffed with sloths who operate super slowly? They'd look like speedsters compared to the NCC (National Capital Commision, who overseas a lot of the public lands and historical sites in and around Ottawa).

My best biking route to the new job runs along a path through the 'green belt' on the west side of Ottawa proper out to the suburb of Kanata. There is an alternate route of about the same length, but it is along the shoulder of a busy road. I have to branch off to one or the other routes a couple of kilometers earlier in my ride.

Last week the NCC announced that the bike path was going to be shut for the week while they took down some dead trees along the path. Annoying that they couldn't have kept the path open during prime commuting hours, or have taken less than five days to do it, but that is the NCC for you.

I had to drive Monday and Tuesday this week, but biked Wednesday. Worried about the NCC's slowness I did a web search. No information on their page, but I found somebody's blog that on the weekend they'd tried to bike through there and found the path closed, now saying it would shut through Wednesday. OK, fine, I avoided the path.

Today I biked again, happy that the path should finally be open. Nope, got there, found it still closed with a marker used to mark up the sign to say it would be closed through today. Forced me into a longer and hillier detour (and hauling my fat ass up hills, at the end of a long ride, makes me very cranky!). Checked when I got to work, and there is nothing on their web site even acknowledging that there is still a closure, forget about explaining why the delay or if it is really going to re-open after today.

I know that the emerald ash borer has killed a lot of trees, but I still find it hard to believe that they needed two weeks of working every day to clear them all out. But of course, easier for them to just leave the path closed on days where no work was going on rather than to just shut it when work was happening. And communicating to the public, why on earth would they do that?

Of course, these are the same people who don't seem bothered by the fact that it has been over fifty years since they expropriated and leveled Lebretton Flats (former lower-class residential area near downtown) and most of it is still sitting empty :doh: So I really shouldn't be surprised ... and I should probably assume that the path will be shut at least all month. :mad:

/rant

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Warning: pure ranting ahead.

Have you seen the movie Zootopia? Remember the scene at the driver's license bureau, where it was all staffed with sloths who operate super slowly? They'd look like speedsters compared to the NCC (National Capital Commision, who overseas a lot of the public lands and historical sites in and around Ottawa).

My best biking route to the new job runs along a path through the 'green belt' on the west side of Ottawa proper out to the suburb of Kanata. There is an alternate route of about the same length, but it is along the shoulder of a busy road. I have to branch off to one or the other routes a couple of kilometers earlier in my ride.

Last week the NCC announced that the bike path was going to be shut for the week while they took down some dead trees along the path. Annoying that they couldn't have kept the path open during prime commuting hours, or have taken less than five days to do it, but that is the NCC for you.

I had to drive Monday and Tuesday this week, but biked Wednesday. Worried about the NCC's slowness I did a web search. No information on their page, but I found somebody's blog that on the weekend they'd tried to bike through there and found the path closed, now saying it would shut through Wednesday. OK, fine, I avoided the path.

Today I biked again, happy that the path should finally be open. Nope, got there, found it still closed with a marker used to mark up the sign to say it would be closed through today. Forced me into a longer and hillier detour (and hauling my fat ass up hills, at the end of a long ride, makes me very cranky!). Checked when I got to work, and there is nothing on their web site even acknowledging that there is still a closure, forget about explaining why the delay or if it is really going to re-open after today.

I know that the emerald ash borer has killed a lot of trees, but I still find it hard to believe that they needed two weeks of working every day to clear them all out. But of course, easier for them to just leave the path closed on days where no work was going on rather than to just shut it when work was happening. And communicating to the public, why on earth would they do that?

Of course, these are the same people who don't seem bothered by the fact that it has been over fifty years since they expropriated and leveled Lebretton Flats (former lower-class residential area near downtown) and most of it is still sitting empty :doh: So I really shouldn't be surprised ... and I should probably assume that the path will be shut at least all month. :mad:

/rant

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
But of course, easier for them to just leave the path closed on days where no work was going on rather than to just shut it when work was happening. And communicating to the public, why on earth would they do that?
I really shouldn't be surprised ... and I should probably assume that the path will be shut at least all month. :mad:

/rant
Welcome to Cityplannerland! Two years ago our city council floated a bond to improve the streets. Last year they closed all the main north-south streets and worked on them simultaneously. This year they're applying the same strategy to the east-west streets. A former mayor quipped that the city's motto should be "You can't get there from here." :rolleyes:

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
The city is a comparative pleasure to deal with compared to the NCC -- is is a body appointed by the federal government, so does not need to care what the people living in Ottawa think -- and has a long history of taking full advantage of that leeway :doh: Not that our city doesn't do stupid things, but at least there is some care about irate voters!

Anjula

the bitchy one
Oh wow, that beyond sucks Anjula. :(

ps. given the circumstances, I'm sure not going to complain about the language!

Poor Anjula - that's awful! I feel so sorry for you!

Admittedly though, Warsaw is one of the cities where I always leave anything valuable in the central hotel safe - and take as little in cash and documents/cards with me as possible (same applies to Rome, Brussels, any larger city in Spain, DC, NY, etc. etc.)

Cash is always gone - but I hope you at least get the wallet & documents back, to save that hassle. Sometimes pick-pockets will only take the cash & through the wallet itself away, so it is often found.

P.S. Regarding language - keep it as polite as possible....
It wasn't stolen in Warsaw it was in Gdynia. It's where I'm from. To be honest I never feel the need to be extra cautious in Warsaw( or 3city) to be honest. I was never robbed before or hasn't heard about it. Rome yep, I never go around with cash there, same goes with Spain and Paris but Warsaw, Berlin, Brussels never felt dangerous for me :p but than again I always keep stuff in either my bag or in my hands. This time my wallet was underneath my arm and I had a huge pillow next to it. Easy target :/
Oh that sucks soo bad!!!!! I am so sorry!!

----

My dogs are more intelligent, inutuitive, educated, and know more about processes, procedures, root cause analysis, and consequences than my coworkers. No one at the office gives a shit, i heard my boss and another boss talking about me in russian (just heard my name in there 3 times). So now i am both pissed AND paranoid!
Your situations sucks even more than mine :p

It's been a few days and my wallet is gone for sure. My documents as well, sadly :<

hommecreux

Attack of the twinkies.
Something on my mind today that's really pissing me off.... is the fact that I have to go get new business casual clothes to wear to an interview, the old ones don't fit anymore, and now I'm going to have to drive 45 min to a big man store that's way out of the way just to get something that looks decent. It's crazy that there aren't more big man clothing stores in the area given how fat people are in general are around here.... *end rant*

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
Hommecreux - when you drive those 45 minutes to the big man store - why for once not invest a little more time? Not only grab the first thing that fits and zoom back out?

Instead - have yourself fully measured, at all angles and also in sitting position. Then try different brands, various styles, sizes - and see what fits and looks best.

Write all findings down meticulously - also what didn't work at all. Then use that as your online-shopping guide - because it's easier to order something that you already know will fit and look good.

Happy and successful shopping!

hommecreux

Attack of the twinkies.
Hommecreux - when you drive those 45 minutes to the big man store - why for once not invest a little more time? Not only grab the first thing that fits and zoom back out?

Instead - have yourself fully measured, at all angles and also in sitting position. Then try different brands, various styles, sizes - and see what fits and looks best.

Write all findings down meticulously - also what didn't work at all. Then use that as your online-shopping guide - because it's easier to order something that you already know will fit and look good.

Happy and successful shopping!
Thing is, weight keeps on being put on, and my dimensions keep on changing. So for anything other than casual clothes ie: jeans, tshirts, and shorts, unless I want to look like a knuckle head wearing ill fitting clothes, I have to go buy new clothes or have them refit by a tailor!

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
That size thing is a pain, especially for expensive clothes. For my wedding, instead of renting a tux I bought quite a nice suit, with the plan that I'd have it for weddings/funerals/interviews for years to come. I managed to squeeze into it for one friend's wedding, several months later, then had to give up on it entirely. These days with the financial advantages of being older I get some of my shirts and my suit from a place that visits town twice a year then makes things back in Hong Kong -- but I always insist they take new measurements. Even if my weight doesn't change as much these days, I find how it distributes shifts over time.

Being a constant size is a nice idea, though ... maybe some day!

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Dog show people.

90% of you are over the age of 60. In 30 years time, you're going to be dead or incapable of owning/showing dogs.

Right now, that leaves, um, four people left in the Skye Club at that point. That's right, 4.

You are so rude and dismissive towards younger people. You want to keep your echo chamber no matter what the cost and it is destroying the breed you love so much. It's pathetic and it's genuinely sad but it is also the reason why me and my family have given up with you despite how much love I have for the breed.

Me and my sister are old enough to be grandparents. I've been in the club since I was 10, and we've owned the breed for 15 years. I'm a zoologist, and my sister a doctor, a show judge and a qualifed dog trainer/behaviourist. Together we have bred champions and our grand-pups are the top two winning dogs in the breed by miles and have been for years.

Yet you still dismiss everything we say. And call us names when we try and tell you our feelings about things.

Well, congratulations, you've doomed the breed that I loved, that saved my life. It's been happening for so many years but yeah, I give up.

I'm sorry that I couldn't save you, Skye's. I'm sorry that people's ignorance and nastiness has doomed your future.

</rant>