What's pissing you off today?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Donna

Lips & hips & ass & sass
Laptop hardware failure resulting in the loss of more than two weeks worth of work on a manuscript I was 99% done copy editing. Once the hardware problem was fixed, I tried system restore to retrieve what work I had done up through yesterday, but it’s gone. I should consider myself lucky, all my paying client work is complete and has been delivered to the clients, so I am able to rebuild my portfolio using the files in my GMail account. (It was an unpaid job, so I didn’t back it up.)

The saying ,”no good deed goes unpunished,” keeps taunting me.

Laptop hardware failure resulting in the loss of more than two weeks worth of work on a manuscript I was 99% done copy editing. Once the hardware problem was fixed, I tried system restore to retrieve what work I had done up through yesterday, but it’s gone. I should consider myself lucky, all my paying client work is complete and has been delivered to the clients, so I am able to rebuild my portfolio using the files in my GMail account. (It was an unpaid job, so I didn’t back it up.)

The saying ,”no good deed goes unpunished,” keeps taunting me.

It pays to keep a backup copy of work that is important to you.

Rojodi

The milkweed in the park decided to say "Hello" and explode all over the place! They expel their seeds in white, fluffy clouds. I sounded like Darth Vadar when I was at the pharmacy!

Joker

The milkweed in the park decided to say "Hello" and explode all over the place! They expel their seeds in white, fluffy clouds. I sounded like Darth Vadar when I was at the pharmacy!
Well we just finished the cotton wood and now we have all these honeysuckles blooming in my face. My antihistamine to blood percentage is about 5%. :)

kyle

"Beam me here Scotty"
A bee got in my helmet (full face) while riding yesterday. Somehow, I didn't get stung before stopping and killing that "Somebitch" Jackie Gleason - Smokey and the Bandit.

Dromond

Pleasantly abstruse.
My comment was meant to be constructive, as failing to save backups of important files causes problems for many people. If you find helpfulness offensive, that's not my problem.
Your comment to Donna was a "Captain Obvious" moment, her "thank you" in reply was obviously sarcastic, and you didn't seem to notice. It isn't "helpfulness" that I find offensive.

kyle

"Beam me here Scotty"
Bad Storms here in Lynchburg area, Torrential downpours, Tornado Warnings here this morning.
:(
Lost internet and T.V. Lost power intermittently ... "My advice to you is to drink heavily and start soon" - Otter - Animal house.

RVGleason

Not p.o.’d, just very sad to learn that a friend of mine passed away at the beginning of this month and I just found out about it today. He had been ill for sometime. My thoughts are with his family and friends. 😔

kyle

"Beam me here Scotty"
Sorry to hear guys. Been losing a few Friends too. Life happens. As George Carlin said, "enjoy the ride". Trans: Life's short, have fun, enjoy it while you can still can.
Nobody, on their death bed, wished they had worked more.

Donna

Lips & hips & ass & sass
I'm sorry you all are hurting. I lost a longtime friend last month, a woman I actually called a sister. You would think it would get easier the older we get, you know? 😢

Donna

Lips & hips & ass & sass
Shotha, with all due respect, please refrain from commenting on my posts. What you find "helpful" is coming across as lecturing and condescending. Everyone over the age of consent knows they should backup their data regularly. My husband owned an IT & PC support company for over twenty years and I also hold a degree in computer technology. I knew what to do, I chose not to do it, whether from carelessness or hubris or both. To point it out when I made a self-deprecating post lamenting my mistake was the epitome of condescension.

And Dromond, thank you for yet again "getting it." It's one of the myriad of reasons why you are my friend and I have always admired you. 💛

My comment was meant to be constructive, as failing to save backups of important files causes problems for many people. If you find helpfulness offensive, that's not my problem.
Your comment to Donna was a "Captain Obvious" moment, her "thank you" in reply was obviously sarcastic, and you didn't seem to notice. It isn't "helpfulness" that I find offensive.

Angelette

I was lurking on the SNL subreddit and saw this thread about a plus-size female comedian. Unfortunately, there was this dumb sarcastic comment that said "yay obesity!"

Are SNL fans this toxic?

Latest posts