What's pissing you off today?

Discussion in 'BHM/FFA' started by Surlysomething, May 16, 2012.

1. Jun 29, 2012 #81

Goreki

Goreki

Goreki

Fairy tales and Woe

Having to fucking work today to cover a hypochondriacs shift. It's supposed to be my day off, and I'm sick. Bah!!!

2. Jun 29, 2012 #82

CastingPearls

CastingPearls

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home In Remembrance

I got a $160 ticket for having an expired registration the day before I was going to renew it.

3. Jun 29, 2012 #83

Melian

Melian

Melian

Ultimate Chimera

Every photo of me is SO GODDAMN FUGLY. I'll put together a nice outfit or whatever, have a great night out somewhere, and then someone will send me some pictures that they took, and I look like a giant pile of shit every time. It ruins all my "happy" memories.

And if anyone jumps in and says, "oh, no you don't," I will track them down and rip out their genitals! Even my husband agrees with this fact (and it's basically never in a guy's best interest to agree that his wife looks bad).

I've even done some experiments (hey, it's what scientists do....) to determine exactly what expression I need to make so that it will capture accurately in pictures....and there isn't one. I can take a picture while looking in a mirror and feeling fucking fantastic, and then the resulting picture looks like I have Down syndrome. What. The. Shit?

That is all.

4. Jun 29, 2012 #84

LeoGibson

LeoGibson

LeoGibson

Happy

The pictures you have posted here have looked fine, but I feel ya on the overall premise as I feel like I'm in the same boat. All I can say is that I guess some folks are just naturally more photogenic than others. I know that I have to look at usually 8-10 pictures or more before I come up with one I don't feel like I look at least half-way retarded. But I have friends that can roll out of bed and take great pictures. I hate when doing group shots with them and there I am the big ol picture ruin-er.:D That's my best guess anyway.

5. Jun 29, 2012 #85

Sasquatch!

Sasquatch!

Sasquatch!

A wild loser appeared!

Oh no you draaaarrgaaahaahahalemmegolemmegoooaaaarghstopitstopitsto....

6. Jun 29, 2012 #86

djudex

djudex

djudex

I'm out

Some people are just not photogenic. My good friend Dee is tasty yum but invariably looks like donkey tongue in photos. Very strange.

7. Jun 29, 2012 #87

MrBob

MrBob

MrBob

Post the pictures...we won't sugarcoat it.

I had to take some passport photo's yesterday....I looked like a Scandinavian serial killer. I don't think I've ever been in a photo I'm happy with.

8. Jun 29, 2012 #88

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

OK, just curious Melian....maybe one more experiment to try

And one last experiment to maybe try, get someone to take a picture when you are not looking at the camera, and are busy picturing a scrumptious BHM to whom you are about to unspeakable thing (assuming you can manage to ignore the camera and focus on your minds eye). Because if your expression with that in your thoughts still doesn't work, I'm thinking your evil twin keeps jumping in front of cameras without you noticing or something.

9. Jun 30, 2012 #89

LeoGibson

LeoGibson

LeoGibson

Happy

Doctors are pissing me off today.:mad:

Went in for what I was hoping would be a cortizone shot into my elbow to start some healing, and the orthopaedic doctor doesn't agree with the diagnosis of tennis elbow. He thinks that from what I told him and how the forearm and elbow felt and reacted to his testing that it is probably a torn muscle or ruptured tendon or quite possibly both together. So in short, no cortizone shot for me since he wants an MRI to see exactly what's going on before treating it. Great, there goes another couple weeks trying to get this taken care of.:mad::mad:

10. Jun 30, 2012 #90

MattB

MattB

MattB

Epicurean

I've learned if I don't smile in pics I look way better. When I smile I just look goofy. (<---See avatar.) So, I generally look angry in pics but it works. I hate having my picture taken anyways, it's like being poked.

11. Jun 30, 2012 #91

Mordecai

Mordecai

Mordecai

The fire is coming for us

Are you sure your image isn't being usurped by an alternate dimension version of you?

Honestly, I make shit expressions in photos and tend to look like lobotomy patient.

12. Jun 30, 2012 #92

Sasquatch!

Sasquatch!

Sasquatch!

A wild loser appeared!

Although....it's good he's looking into it properly rather than just injecting you and telling you to naff off.

13. Jun 30, 2012 #93

LeoGibson

LeoGibson

LeoGibson

Happy

Oh yeah, I agree. I'm glad he wants to find out what it is exactly and not relying on what may be a misdiagnosis from the earlier doctor. I would have still liked the cortizone shot though because it would have knocked down the inflammation a bit and made life and work more bearable while we wait for the MRI, and since this happened on the job we are going through Worker's Compensation for it and that means it will take 2-3 weeks to get through the system most likely before I can get said MRI and further treatment. The cortizone would have been just a "band-aid" but I wouldn't have minded.:)

P.S. He did offer me some pain pills, but since he doesn't know me and my old family doctor retired a few years ago, I didn't feel like trying to explain to him that I have a high tolerance for pain and an even higher tolerance for drugs for some damn reason, and unless you throw a pretty strong opiate at me, like oxycontin or percocets, or dilaudid, then just about everything else you give me is no different from me taking M&M's. I've been like that since I was a kid but when you try to explain to a new doctor they look at you like you're some kind of junkie asshole looking to get high.

14. Jun 30, 2012 #94

Hozay J Garseeya

Hozay J Garseeya

Hozay J Garseeya

Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

you're a fucking Chud, you already know this :D seriously though, do what I do and just make the most ridiculous face, nobody would suspect it from you.

I'm FUCKING PISSED because I got some sort of bug bite on my scrotum. If you're friends with me on bookface you probably already read about it, seriously though, it was fine, it was a little bite and then yesterday it swelled up like mad, I had giant balls and was in pain, I had a headache, my leg was achey and I think I was getting cold sweats. I figured if I felt bad this morning I'd go to the doctor. I woke up this morning and some of the swelling has gone down, I'm not really achey anymore but I still have a bit of a headache. (Headache could have been from the beer I drank [yes, I only had ONE, but still, I'm not trying to freak out here.])

So we'll see. Fucking spiders!! I know it's a spider bite because I saw the fuckers walking around in my new place.

Melian likes this.
  15. Jun 30, 2012 #95

MrBob

MrBob

MrBob

They've buried their eggs in your scrote man. I don't want to alarm you but, well...have you seen that bit in Alien when the little bastard pops out of John Hurt's chest. It'll be the same...only with YOUR BALLS!

Hozay J Garseeya likes this.
  16. Jun 30, 2012 #96

WhiteHotRazor

WhiteHotRazor

WhiteHotRazor

Time Travelling

This cold needs to go somewhere

17. Jun 30, 2012 #97

Melian

Melian

Melian

Ultimate Chimera

Yeah, I think it just comes down to this: some people are not photogenic. And Leo, you're lucky if it only takes 8-10 pics for you to find a decent one - I'll only be moderately satisfied with ~1/100. It's pretty bad.

Hahahaha.....nope. I've posted more than enough over the years and am spent.

Hate to say it, but the last batch of totally terrible ones were taken without my knowledge, while I was out enjoying a festival. Wasn't even looking at the camera....and they were piss poor.

Same here. Every time someone shows up to take a picture, I get extremely irate, and that probably contributes to the bad results.

The alternate Melian deserves to be shot in the face (although, it looks like she already has been).

18. Jul 1, 2012 #98

Surlysomething

Surlysomething

Surlysomething

In Remembrance In Remembrance

Librarygirl,

I just re-read this and thought...hmmm...I hope she didn't think I was referring to her. I meant your co-worker with the shutting up. Sorry if it didn't come across right. Haha.

19. Jul 1, 2012 #99

Librarygirl

Librarygirl

Librarygirl

Haha! Thanks! I did read it a couple of times, but after a passing moment of worry, I guessed that was what you meant! Thanks for checking though!

Isn't "going forward" just one of the worst of these phrases? That and "around" being used instead of "about". If I ever start talking like that, someone please slap me!

20. Jul 1, 2012 #100

KHayes666

KHayes666

KHayes666

Go away

It seems as if every single person I know and are friends with is trying to lose weight either by dieting or other means.

I can't complain because they're trying to better their lives and supporting them is the right thing to do as a friend....but at this rate there will be nobody fat left and FA's like me will practically be extinct.