Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
I know, right?

Birch is the one that usually hits me hardest, and it is "high" according to the pollen report. Not too bad when I'm at work, in filtered air, but by the time I make it home it will be hitting me.

MattB

Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
My car is covered in dust, this looks to be a bad season. My usual allergy pills aren't working, and I've been off of them for months. :(

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
There was a problem with a distribution list.

And for two hours, 500 people replied to "all."

Then people replied all to stop replying all.

Then people started replying with comic strips and jokes.

I hope there is a special place in hell for those people.

MattB

Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod

I can't top that for volume, but this week one of my co-workers happened to give birth on the same day as our VP's birthday. "Reply To All" indeed... :mad:

Hozay J Garseeya

Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Ahaha the people who reply-to-all to tell people to not reply-to-all always make my day. Doesn't really happen at the company I work for now, but it seemed like a hobby at my previous employer.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
Ahaha the people who reply-to-all to tell people to not reply-to-all always make my day. Doesn't really happen at the company I work for now, but it seemed like a hobby at my previous employer.

My workplaces have been pretty good about this, but I had one of these about a community design plan. I’d gone to a meeting where the planners were looking at changing some of the paths, streets, and intersections near me, had given comment, and provided my email. The planner eventually sent out a mail with updates copied (not BCC, not turned into a mail list) to all the people who had left their email addresses.

Some people wanted to talk about the contents of the mail, and other people wanted off the distribution list, but since people were responding to various mails in the chain even if one person took off the names of the people who wanted off, others didn’t, so the people who wanted off would respond again demanding to be left off … dragged on for weeks. (and of course, in the end, the one broken link in one of the major east-west bicycling routes in the city still didn’t get patched up—it really was much ado about nothing)

lucca23v2

Curves for miles
We finally are having some nice weather in NYC. Some idiot was complaining the other day that it was already too hot.

I wanted to smack the shit out of him. People complained about the snow and cold.. and it is not even summer yet and they are already complaining about the heat? WTF? they need to find a place where it is spring/fall all year round and move there or STFU!. :mad:

CleverBomb

On Space Out
We finally are having some nice weather in NYC. Some idiot was complaining the other day that it was already too hot.

I wanted to smack the shit out of him. People complained about the snow and cold.. and it is not even summer yet and they are already complaining about the heat? WTF?
Just wait a little bit, the weather will give them something else to complain about soon enough. Some people just ain't happy unless they've got something to complain about.
they need to find a place where it is spring/fall all year round and move there or STFU!. :mad:
It's called Southern California.
:D

People who like NYC would hate it just for being California, though, so that's no help.

I suggest the "...or STFU" option for them as being best for all concerned. At least, for everyone within earshot of them anyhow.

Lindsey-Michelle

The fact you can't delete your own profile on here is stupid and there is no reason why this wouldn't be an option. I'm on a lovely diet and I go to the gym, being fat sucks :) I'll keep posing shit like this till I'm removed from the site, seems like it's the only way to get off this place.

Lindsey-Michelle

I second that.

Of course one could log out and never come back, but where's the drama in that?

No because it's my right not to have my name on a sight, no? every site I've been on you can delete it. Why shouldn't I be pissed off about it? this is a 'what's pissed you off today' forum no?

lille

No because it's my right not to have my name on a sight, no? every site I've been on you can delete it. Why shouldn't I be pissed off about it? this is a 'what's pissed you off today' forum no?

You're the one that decided to join a site where you can't delete your account. It's on you to check those things before you join. By making an account you're aggreeing to the conditions of the site.

MattB

Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod

You signed up here, you put your name on here. With less than 10 posts to your credit it's highly likely no one would remember you if you had left quietly. Now however, you've made yourself even more visible. Congrats.

I also highly doubt you're the only person on the internet with the name "Lindsey-Michelle". I think you're safe from whatever it is you're trying to avoid.

Is this enough attention for you?

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
Hey life loser, how's it going?
You think someone like you bothers us?

Have at it.

The fact you can't delete your own profile on here is stupid and there is no reason why this wouldn't be an option. I'm on a lovely diet and I go to the gym, being fat sucks :) I'll keep posing shit like this till I'm removed from the site, seems like it's the only way to get off this place.

Latest posts