What's pissing you off today?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
It's nothing compared to what you did Lucca, but its 1:30 am and I just logged off from work...

CleverBomb

On Space Out
This is relevant to what's pissing me off today. We try to use positive reinforcement with the puppy as much as possible. But I am going to raise my voice when he gets too rough paying and mouths my hand, just like another dog would yelp if he was playing too rough with them. What's pissing me off though, is that we can't trust him. Normally he's in his kennel all day while my boyfriend is at work and that's not ideal, it's a long time to be kenneled. Right now I'm home during the day so he's out the majority of the time, unless I'm out running errands or doing something that I need him out of my hair for, like when I clean the reptile tanks. We want to be able to trust him loose in the house without supervision so he doesn't have to be kenneled all day again when I get a job so we've been testing out leaving him alone for short periods. My boyfriend has started leaving him out of his kennel when he goes to work, so he's alone for about an hour until I get up. It had been going fairly well. Then he somehow escaped his kennel on Saturday, climbed onto a chair, onto the kitchen table, and shredded a mouse pad. We found pieces stashed all over the place for days. Today he was left alone for an hour and he took a book off the shelf, shredded it, and scattered the pieces all over the apartment. I don't want to kennel him so often, but right now we can't trust him to not destroy everything when we leave.
What size kennel are you using? We've got an exercise pen (8-panel "round" which works out to about 4 1/2 feet across, 48" height mostly to keep the cat from jumping in -- otherwise, 36" would suffice) for our too-tall French Bulldog. It's enough room for him to walk around, with a bit of space for food/water dishes, and in the worst case it provides a bit of distance to get away from (very infrequent now*) "accidents" so he doesn't lose the "den is not a place to poop" instinct. Add a heavy sacrificial area rug under the exercise pen in case he starts trying to dig, underlay that with a tarp if you're worried about incontinence still, toss in a large pillow or dog bed, and you're set.

Drawback: it takes up a lot of space, and may be awkward to fold and store when not in use.

*to clarify: at this point pretty much any "accident" now is our fault (being away beyond the pup's known endurance, or getting him excited -- coming home with a new squeak-toy -- before giving him a chance to relieve himself first).

Mordecai

The fire is coming for us
A few of my old gaming consoles are on the fritz. They almost assuredly just need a cleaning but I hate opening them up and giving them a full service job (with reach around).

I'll probably just buy a new soldering iron and spend a weekend with my better at electronics brother and clean them/mod them just to get it over with once and for all.

dwesterny

Unpleasantly Plump
Held the door for a woman coming out of a store before going in, she nods and thanks me as she approaches the door. Standing in the doorway she stops turns around and asks the clerk if he knows of a good cleaning lady. She discusses this for 2 minutes standing in
the god damn doorway I am still holding open for her. I should have let go and let it smack her...

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
Belly bump her out of the way?

---

They dont seem to offer elocution lessons anymore. Its all about speech disorders and accents, but nothing to improve the general crispness of pronounciation. My tongue is physically too big for my mouth, so my words are not as clear as i would like, especially when tired. All i want is some mouth exercises, damnit!

lucca23v2

Curves for miles
Belly bump her out of the way?

---

They dont seem to offer elocution lessons anymore. Its all about speech disorders and accents, but nothing to improve the general crispness of pronounciation. My tongue is physically too big for my mouth, so my words are not as clear as i would like, especially when tired. All i want is some mouth exercises, damnit!
lol... my mind went to a ton of wrong places... lol... but back to the point...you can try this...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_htLEWACxrA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_htLEWACxrA[/ame]

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
Hah - Lucca - if you ever want to see that done IRL, go watch an 'English as a Foreign Language' class.

People desperately trying to catch their tongue between their teeth to produce a 'th' sound to finally say 'I think' instead of 'I sink'......

My best friend and I always thought it was hilariously funny that her dad couldn't pronounce it right, although he was a professor.

It seems to be one of these things though that (quadruple 'th' - would make a beasty exercise...) are only really easy if you learn them as a child. Otherwise it takes an incredible amount of effort and practice.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
My ex messaged me randomly today. I have absolutely no idea why. It was just a message saying he hoped I read this and he knew I told him not to contact me but that he had a dream about me and was really hoping we could talk. I made the mistake of going to his profile page at that point (I was kinda suspicious and wondering if he'd been slagging me off in public again and was feeling bad about it, or something) and I... I wasn't expecting to feel so angry. There was a big picture of him on his profile and he was being all 'cute and child like' in his profile writing and I just... urg. I wanted to reach through the screen and punch him in his stupid face and I have no idea why.

I have been 18 months since we split up. I kinda figured I was over him already. So a) why the hell is he contacting me for no reason after several months and dragging everything back up again? and b) why am I so angry about this? I don't even know if I'm angry with him for bothering me or angry with myself for being angry about it. Urrrrrrg.

Melian

Ultimate Chimera
It's so frustrating when you're trying to photograph a guy who knows all the tricks to make himself look way thinner than he is, and he can just turn it on faster than your camera can take the picture. You start to wonder if he was a supermodel in a past life.

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
Thats why phones are the best. Looks like you are texting but really you are snapping shirt-crawling-up-the-belly pics.

dwesterny

Unpleasantly Plump
Sorry ladies - he's going to waste away. :rolleyes:
Hunger strike initiated. Xy please send me hunger strike pretzels, hunger strike only applies to main course dishes. Appetizers, sides and desserts do not count. Also wine is OK as it is religious in usage only.

Last edited: