whats the one thing you want?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

shazz2602

doing that think you do
Over here in the uk we dont normally have prom's where you all get dressed up and look like princesses which when i was 16 and left school i was grateful for because i was the largest girl in the whole school. luckily for me i was popular but i dreaded the fact of when they were deciding what to do for a leaving party and alot of people wanted a prom. i sat back and felt such dread that i wouldnt be able to get a pretty dress because 11 years ago there weren't as many nice places to get clothes.
So as i sat there nervous about being the only one not to go. i felt such a sigh of relief when everyone decided to go on a trip abroard instead!
But still to this day i want a day where i can dress up in my long gown and look stunning. The fact that it will possibly never happen is one thing but the idea of it makes me think everything else i want in life i can achieve like traveling and hopefully being loved and having great friends (which i do have).

But this dream i cant go back in time and im sure i wont ever get married so i was wondering what is the one thing you wish you go back and have ??

bexy

is red again <3
The one thing I want most for myself is clear skin. Sounds trivial but it breaks my heart looking in the mirror without make up :(

CausticSodaPop

I want to be able to go back to my younger self and reassure him that there would come a day when he was loved and happy. Knowing that would have saved me many years of angst and misery.

ReallyNiceFellow

But still to this day i want a day where i can dress up in my long gown and look stunning. The fact that it will possibly never happen is one thing but the idea of it makes me think everything else i want in life i can achieve like traveling and hopefully being loved and having great friends (which i do have).

But this dream i cant go back in time and im sure i wont ever get married so i was wondering what is the one thing you wish you go back and have ??
Silly girl, of course your dream will come true, if you want it to. But you may have to make it happen yourself.

A friend of mine recently had a birthday party (she's in her mid-twenties). She wanted to make it something different and special, so she rented a very nice hall, had a birthday cake made, hired a DJ, and sent out invitations. It was to be a formal dress-up affair, but an after-dinner one! She asked her friends, instead of bringing a present, to contribute $10 each.

The response was amazing. Friends wanted to bring friends.

Most of the guys just dressed in black pants and white shirts, but a few actually bought tuxedos (surprisingly inexpensive; not much more than a run-of-the-mill suit). Some of the women wore their prom dresses, while others went shopping for a princess-type dress that they had always dreamed of.

A fabulous time was had by all! Now, every couple of months, someone has a party of some type; perhaps just a "formal" cocktail party, or a dinner with a few friends, and everyone dresses to the nines, and puts on airs, and has a fabulous time.

And my friend? Everyone remembers her as the one who led the way.

Dreams can come true. But if you expect someone else to make it happen, it could take a while.

Shosh

Susannah
Silly girl, of course your dream will come true, if you want it to. But you may have to make it happen yourself.

A friend of mine recently had a birthday party (she's in her mid-twenties). She wanted to make it something different and special, so she rented a very nice hall, had a birthday cake made, hired a DJ, and sent out invitations. It was to be a formal dress-up affair, but an after-dinner one! She asked her friends, instead of bringing a present, to contribute $10 each.

Most of the guys just dressed in black pants and white shirts, but a few actually bought tuxedos (surprisingly inexpensive; not much more than a run-of-the-mill suit). Some of the women wore their prom dresses, while others went shopping for a princess-type dress that they had always dreamed of.

A fabulous time was had by all! Now, every couple of months, someone has a party of some type; perhaps just a "formal" cocktail party, or a dinner with a few friends, and everyone dresses to the nines, and puts on airs, and has a fabulous time.

Dreams can come true. But if you expect someone else to make it happen, it could take a while.
I thought exactly the same thing. It is not too late. She can wear a beautiful glamourous gown to the evening of her dreams. She may just need to make it happen somehow.

Dream, believe, acheive, succeed.

Shosh

Susannah
I would have liked to have had a safe and happy childhood. I wish I had of had a mother growing up also. She is still alive, she has just never done the mother thing.

Carrie

I love this story! I would be so excited to be invited to a party like this.

Lastminute.Tom

Write on!
the one thing I want, is to know what I want

sometimes I feel wonderfully lost in all the desires I collect and distribute but at each avenue my options only increase instead of being refined, I wish to be in several places at once so that I might live all the living I lust for

oh wait, what I really want is a late summer in the uk!

PamelaLois

ILL-INI
The one thing I want is to find someone to love and share my life with. I am tired of being alone

Rowan

wickedly delicious
i want two things actually...

I'd like to meet an amazing guy who will love me despite all of my faults and treat me really well.

I would also like to be able to get the financial aid to go back to school, finish, and get a better job!

cold comfort

the strength to ward off my laziness just long enough to mail out this package today!
hahahahahahaha i swear to god i never read the edit lines... but for some reason i noticed yours and then proceeded to chuckle, click on the quote button and type "hahahahahaha". it was magical. well played, sir.

to be serious for once in my life (or at least, very close to once) ... nothing would make me personally, selfishly, happier right now than getting accepted into my masters programme at london metropolitan university and even nailing their international student scholarship.

of course, the scholarship simply won't happen, but shit ... we're talking about what'd make us happy right? that'd probably make me weep and fall to my knees and possibly piss myself on top of everything else.

i have a really hard time containing my emotions.

and bladder.

:rolleyes: