What's your favorite depressing song?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

WhiteHotRazor

Time Travelling
Exactly...not whiny at all, more just like "look, this is the way it is and it sucks balls I let you ruin my life and now I'm gonna get drunk"

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
Merle's badass. The man still tours and he's almost 80!

He has life experience (his childhood was nothing to write home about) and nothing has come easy for him. His songs are very wise and beautiful all at the same time.

LeoGibson

Happy
I've been fortunate enough to see him twice so far. Hopefully I can catch him another time or two before he's done.

luvmybhm

waiting for spring!
Seasons in the Sun by Terry Jacks. I first heard this song around the time my Grandfather passed away. It has my name in it and it made me feel like it was my Grandfather sending me a message.

Still makes me cry when I hear it :really sad:

spookytwigg

Have an A-1 day
I could probably fill a page with Amanda Palmer songsbut as it's playing now I'm reminded how depressing Glass Slipper by the Dresden Dolls is. (also Me and the mini bar)

daddyoh70

DYELB?
It Makes No Difference - The Band
What a mass of talent! I've always loved how Rick Danko and Levon Helm could pour so much emotion into the song they sang.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP7r12Rg490[/ame]

x0emnem0x

Words.
A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera - Say Something
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2U0Ivkn2Ds[/ame]

This is really quite deep if you listen to it. The first time I heard it was still when I was getting over the bad breakup with my ex in Missouri. I absolutely bawled my eyes out in my car and even though I didn't know the lyrics it spoke to me in a way that nothing else ever has. It still makes me cry and it's definitely something I listen to when I need a good cry.

Ohio Lady

Seasons in the Sun by Terry Jacks. I first heard this song around the time my Grandfather passed away. It has my name in it and it made me feel like it was my Grandfather sending me a message.

Still makes me cry when I hear it :really sad:
Couldn't agree more.. I love this song.

Treach

Although I am normally not a fan of them, at the moment it's I Lied My Face Off by Alkaline Trio:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-vwe28p9JE[/ame]

Cookie

I really like Snuff by Slipknot. It's the only song by them I listen to really. I'd say it's pretty damn depressing