What's Your Favorite Lazy Hobby?

Discussion in 'Daily Living' started by largenlovely, Mar 31, 2017.

1. May 3, 2017 #21

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

Ahem Prema Staff Member Global Moderator

Favorite Lazy Hoby - Watching BRAVO TV - Learning makeup tips from the Real Housewives and how to throw shade....;)

2. May 6, 2017 #22

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

I crochet too. I'll light a nice smelling candle, put a pitcher of iced tea on the side table, gather my project and remotes, stretch out on the chaise side of the sofa, turn on the tv or stereo, and go to work for a couple of hours.

Mostly I make myself cardigans. I'm almost done with one, then I have two more in progress, and yarn to make two more over the summer.

I knit too, but I knit so much more slowly than I crochet, so I stick to scarves and other small knitting projects mostly. But I've made myself sweaters and a skirt. It just took forever to finish them.

3. May 6, 2017 #23

Leem

Leem

Leem

Leem

I love to read, binge watch tv shows and bake. Although baking probably isn't considered lazy.

Love the vulgar cross stitch. I used to cross stitch and crotchet.

4. Jun 24, 2017 #24

swamptoad

swamptoad

swamptoad

cooking gumbo, playing video games (Destiny & Minecraft), smartphone games like (Words With Friends & Ruzzle) and playing guitar.

5. Jun 24, 2017 #25

AmandaLynn

AmandaLynn

AmandaLynn

cake, lots & lots of cake

Ice cream and Netflix.

BBW MeganLynn44DD likes this.
  6. Jun 24, 2017 #26

ODFFA

ODFFA

ODFFA

I cross stitch. The counting and recounting thing can happen with that too, depending on the design. So for me it's more like a half-lazy hobby. My most profane creation only contained the word "bitch." But I would love to do the one largenlovely shared! Here's a partially finished Anne Boleyn I've been working on:

[​IMG]

Aside from that, I play video games, overwhelm my puppies with torturous affection, or watch a wide variety of youtube videos. Sometimes I'll gravitate to binge-watching a series, if the bug bites hard enough.

LizzieJones, Yakatori and FreeThinker like this.
  7. Jun 24, 2017 #27

agouderia

agouderia

agouderia

Library Girl Staff Member Library Mod

Odette - at first sight I thought it was Jane Seymour. Since Anne Boleyn is normally easily recognized as the only one of Henry VIII's 6 wives who was dark-haired. It looks great - as you see the time period & setting was easy to spot.

I used to do regular embroidery, not so much cross-stich, when I had more situations were I sat somewhere as passive audience for longer stretches of time (school, university...).

Today I knit every once now and then. I'm especially productive during international football/soccer tournaments. A group of friends will always get together to watch "important" games, that's always 2 hours - enough time to make a significant number of rows knitted.

8. Jun 25, 2017 #28

swamptoad

swamptoad

swamptoad

I forgot to mention Netflix. There's a Movie list and a TV Show list that I've been working on.

I've noticed that you can try a variety of keywords to find what you are looking for .....like Freeform, Starz, Hallmark, Disney, Showtime, 80s, 90s, 60s, 70s, amc, a&e, academy award ..etc ....the results in the search vary somewhat ..... but it seems to help.

9. Jun 25, 2017 #29

ODFFA

ODFFA

ODFFA

There's just something relaxing about needlework, isn't there? It really is good for those drawn-out boring situations too.

And thank you for the compliment! She does have dark hair, this cross-stitch Anne. That yellowy gold is the ridge of her gable hood. You can see a little tuft of brown hair poking out beneath it :p I have all the other wives too, but I decided to play favourites and start with Anne.

I'd be so thrilled to find a Netflix-like service that allowed you to pay per series instead. I suppose there's Amazon Video. But it's too pricey here in SA.

10. Mar 3, 2019 #30

ODFFA

ODFFA

ODFFA

I've gotten into Perler bead creations lately. On the left are things I made for MrSensible and on the right, things for me -- mostly coasters. Oh, and a rogue bookmark I almost forgot to include.

Perler.JPEG Rosebookmark.JPEG

DragonFly likes this.
  11. Mar 3, 2019 #31

Adamantoise

Adamantoise

Adamantoise

Senpai hasn't noticed...

All my hobbies are lazy... :p

Primarily, I enjoy writing fiction, drawing, playing guitar, video games and low budget horror movies. I'm brushing up on my drawing skills mostly, but I like writing small pieces of fanfiction from time to time.

DragonFly and ODFFA like this.
  12. Mar 6, 2019 #32

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

I still crochet and knit. And sew, make bead jewelry, scrapbook, make cards, mixed media crafts. All kinds of crafts. I like to sit and keep my hands busy.

Adamantoise and DragonFly like this.
  13. Mar 6, 2019 #33

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

Ahem Prema Staff Member Global Moderator

Amazon gave me my books read for 2018 .... 134 so my lazy hobby is definitely reading. I also have started painting again.

14. Mar 6, 2019 #34

Jay78

Jay78

Jay78

I’d have to go with napping, I’m a napaholic!

Adamantoise and LizzieJones like this.
  15. Mar 6, 2019 #35

rockhound225

rockhound225

rockhound225

Has Rocks on the Brain

Definitely playing on my laptop and watching TV/Netflix/Youtube. Occasionally, I'll get the urge to draw or write, but I've got an excellent desk for that, with a comfy desk chair.