What's your favorite Thanksgiving side dish?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
Favorites: Pecan Pie (that's the side.. right?) and the green bean casserole with the french fried onions. I also like taters done any other way than just mashed with gravy

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
Sausage, cranberry, and pecan stuffing with extra gravy

one2one

Sentient little hedonist
My wives homemade rolls.
You know this is illegal, right? :p

I found a great recipe for butternut squash, sausage, fennel and sage stuffing that I'll make with ancient grain bread. I'm really looking forward to that and the pecan pie!

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
Southern cornbread dressing made right, but I actually consider that the main course :) Collards are also a favorite.
I've been asked to do a cornbread style dressing. I'm not sure which branch to take.. cornbread and oyster, dirty (with glizzards and livers), or a creole version using trinity and bulk sausage. :confused:

ConnieLynn

has left the building.
I've had it with oysters and liked it, but I make a big batch so there will be leftovers, so oysters and dirty don't work well in that situation.

I cook my cornbread thin in big sheet / jelly roll pans so there is a lot of crust, plus I chop the onions, celery, garlic, sage and cook them in the cornbread.

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
I always loved my mom's gravy and smashed potatoes.
The favorite side dish i make every year is cheese ball with triscuits

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
I've had it with oysters and liked it, but I make a big batch so there will be leftovers, so oysters and dirty don't work well in that situation.

I cook my cornbread thin in big sheet / jelly roll pans so there is a lot of crust, plus I chop the onions, celery, garlic, sage and cook them in the cornbread.
I didn't make enough cornbread batter to use a sheet pan, so I made corn muffins which generated alot of crust. I have a stoneware muffin pan and didn't use liners. Luckily, they didn't stick to the pan. I made a the bulk sausage, trinity version :)

Sushi

My favorite is stuffing. Any kind. Cornbread, rice, traditional... :eat1::eat1::eat1::eat1:

MisticalMisty

I didn't make enough cornbread batter to use a sheet pan, so I made corn muffins which generated alot of crust. I have a stoneware muffin pan and didn't use liners. Luckily, they didn't stick to the pan. I made a the bulk sausage, trinity version :)
I love Chicken and Dressing. I made 2 pans of cornbread this year in my cast iron skillet that I heated in the oven with bacon grease. So good. lol It was hard not to just eat all the cornbread.

I like a lot of sage in my dressing, but other than that it's just cornbread, some white sandwich bread, shredded chicken, celery and onions along with the broth in which they cooked and of course salt and pepper. It's how my nana always made it!

Latest posts

Group builder