What's your latest kick?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Cynthia

Diabolo Blueberry Lemonade French Soda
It's "French" soda made in the U.S., very light and refreshing

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
'Hope' brand Thai curry coconut hummus. Yes, I know it sounds terrible, but it's wonderful.

squeezablysoft

I'm basically on an everything kick rn. Well, maybe not literally everything, but I'm craving a bunch of things at once, pretty much feel like binging big time. I want a double cheeseburger with loads of mayo, steak fries really thick ones, mint chocolate chip ice cream and a tube of raw chocolate chip cookie dough,
and a big bag of puffy Cheetos and some peanut butter and jelly together on a spoon straight from the jar, and maybe dip the Cheetos in the pb&j. I'm a little embarrassed tbh. :blush: Dunno if I'd actually go through with buying and eating all that if I was at college still but I'd probably at least do some of it.

jakemcduck

I'm basically on an everything kick rn. Well, maybe not literally everything, but I'm craving a bunch of things at once, pretty much feel like binging big time. I want a double cheeseburger with loads of mayo, steak fries really thick ones, mint chocolate chip ice cream and a tube of raw chocolate chip cookie dough,
and a big bag of puffy Cheetos and some peanut butter and jelly together on a spoon straight from the jar, and maybe dip the Cheetos in the pb&j. I'm a little embarrassed tbh. :blush: Dunno if I'd actually go through with buying and eating all that if I was at college still but I'd probably at least do some of it.
OMG I think i have to go to the grocery store right now.

stampy

DimensionsModel
my fibromyalgia is causing me pain so I am eating a lot of convenience food since I am too tired to cook. I don't think I can stomach another $3 frozen pizza! I want to make bread from scratch really bad. I have all the ingredients for whole wheat artisanal bread, but it seems like a big undertaking. Plus then I'd have to make soup to go with it. :)

jakemcduck

Chocolate chip cookies on my commute home from work. Not sure when that started, but I just noticed it's been going on for a while now.

Tracii

Spicy hot dill pickles LOLOL
I know call me crazy but I could eat jars of them.

plushkitty

I have discovered something truly sublime. I went to a little French cafe/chocolatier/patisserie this afternoon and finally tried the French drinking chocolate, or chocolat chaud. It's almost five dollars for a tiny cup, but my friend kept telling me how good the chocolate here was, and it was a shitty morning. I wanted a treat.

Oh. My. God. It's like someone melted several high quality dark chocolate truffles into an espresso cup. AMAZING. This is not hot chocolate, even homemade hot chocolate. This is thick, considerably thicker than even heavy whipping cream, and so, so, rich. A beverage that is meant to be sipped and savored. Seriously, no number of superlatives will be sufficient to sing the praises of chocolat chaud. Worth every penny.

Cynthia

This is more of a food-prep kick rather than an eating one. Now that spring is here, I'm dying to find a chance to make something adorned with edible flowers. They're so darned pretty! Food-grade flowers are hard to find, but I found a place that ships them. And blossoms are not just for desserts. I've been looking up gorgeous salads, flower-covered goat cheese balls, floral crostini, and more. Waiting for M-I-L's birthday ...

Cynthia

Vidalia onions are in season. :) They're delicious, AND they don't make my eyes water.

squeezablysoft

Yeah, it's gotta be a no from me on the onions. It's not a taste thing, I'm fine with onion powder, it's a texture thing. The OG JB explains it starting at 3:40 in this ancient but still adorable video (which yes I have posted before in another thread).