What's your latest kick?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
I don’t have much of a kick going on right now, and it is bugging me. I’m happier with a bit of a kick going. Haven’t found a new author I love lately, haven’t found a new game I’m crazy about, still find home handyman tasks entirely unfulfilling, and haven’t really found anything exciting and new in the way of food.

I'm still biking to work pretty much every day, but that has become more ‘habit’ than ‘kick,’ Ethiopian food has gone from a kick to part of our limited eating out standard repertoire, I've read everything Jim Butcher has written, and my son isn't done with his Pokemon Pearl game yet and our computer is such crud that it can't really run much in the way games from the last few years.

I’ll find something eventually, but suggestions are welcome.

=======================================

Also, Melian, how is your hometown holding up in the comparisons? I’ve done the Ottawa vs Montreal comparisons….well Ottawa’s roads are mostly in better shape….

At least Toronto is another metropolis-sized city!

Melian

Ultimate Chimera
*sigh*

My darling, we must rendezvous...for I,too, enjoy cooking with asparagus and frequently design tats for others.

I...I think we should have internet babies...
We should. I am designing you an asparagus tattoo as we speak (type?) - yeah, it's a tramp stamp ;)

Also, Melian, how is your hometown holding up in the comparisons? I’ve done the Ottawa vs Montreal comparisons….well Ottawa’s roads are mostly in better shape….

At least Toronto is another metropolis-sized city!
Montreal was AWESOME...but I could not live there. Here's the breakdown:

Pros - their goth/industrial scene is still alive! All the clubs were great, the people were so friendly, I was elated! And we could purchase 5 shots of vodka for $12!!!! The city is clean, beautiful and reminiscent of Europe, and their metro is actually useful. Finally, the city was about 99% free of reeking, crackhead hobos....this pleased me to no end.

Cons - everyone fucking stares at you. EVERYWHERE. It's like they've never seen a girl in big boots before. I actually had to tell about 25 people to shut their gaping mouths and stop staring at me (sometimes in french). In Toronto, you could die in the middle of the sidewalk and no one would notice for three weeks - I find that I prefer this mentality. The roads are also shitty and the incline of that whole city is more than my poor feet can handle. There is also a startling lack of pizza places, convenience stores, banks (I could only find ONE Scotiabank, thus used credit for the whole trip), and there is no hot sauce anywhere!

I tried so hard to like this game, I really did. It was awesome at first!
And then what happened? I'm at the end of disc 1 and, aside from the unnecessarily complicated battle system, the game has been ridiculously entertaining (and Cliff Fittir looks like a ripped version of my husband...hehe).

CherryRVA

Metalhead FFA
Montreal was AWESOME...but I could not live there. Here's the breakdown:

Pros - Finally, the city was about 99% free of reeking, crackhead hobos....this pleased me to no end.

THIS

.....made me giggle uncontrollably at my desk. Probably cuz The Green Giant and I were accosted by about 6 of them today while we were having coffee at Starbucks (his fave place) around lunchtime. Varying requests for money, directions, a ride...and strangely enough from one of them....cleaning supplies :confused: gotta love the VCU campus in RVA.

Downtown Richmond rocks! \m/

BigChaz

His Eggy Roundness
And then what happened? I'm at the end of disc 1 and, aside from the unnecessarily complicated battle system, the game has been ridiculously entertaining (and Cliff Fittir looks like a ripped version of my husband...hehe).
I am not sure how to tell you without spoilers, but I just really hated the way the story ended up turning out near the end. I just forced myself to keep playing through it. A lot of people really like that game, so I am just in the minority!

Melian

Ultimate Chimera
I am not sure how to tell you without spoilers, but I just really hated the way the story ended up turning out near the end. I just forced myself to keep playing through it. A lot of people really like that game, so I am just in the minority!
I appreciate the non-spoilage ;)

When the game is over, I will give you a full report!

SanDiega

I have been taking afternoon naps lately, which I used to be incapable of doing. Having my man's belly as a pillow certainly dont hurt.

BigChaz

His Eggy Roundness
I have been taking afternoon naps lately, which I used to be incapable of doing. Having my man's belly as a pillow certainly dont hurt.
I did a short gig as a throw rug, I'd rather be a pillow.

I have a new kick, its curry. Japanese curry, thai curry, indian curry. Just give me curry. I just ordered enough curry ingredients from Amazon to last me forever.

Love.Metal

Dr. Bitchcraft

I have a new kick, its curry. Japanese curry, thai curry, indian curry. Just give me curry. I just ordered enough curry ingredients from Amazon to last me forever.
Curry Party at your place!!!

;]

Ninja Glutton

Film and Music Geek
Also, I've been really, really into making pillow and chair forts lately.

I had a really romantic evening the other night with a lady and we read each other ghost stories out of "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark" and made s'mores.

My inner child wished we had had time to pop in my DVD of the first season of the original Ninja Turtles cartoon.

I be smitten :wubu:

OneHauteMama

Ooooh me loves curry!!! A really good recipe to try is Patak's Tikka Masala Sauce, a bit of whole berry cranberry sauce, some chicken cubes, some frozen peas, and a bit of cilantro...over rice. It's a bit of heaven on earth!! :eat2::eat1:

rockabelly

Have Belly, Will Travel
Everything I'm doing can just be stuck under the category of Creative Loafing.
I wish I had a job where I could perform creative loafing and be paid handsomely for it. I would make sure that it was as creative as possible.

skinny_fatman

i'm loving Robbie Coltrane and Emma Thompson at the moment, mainly cos i spent the day watching "Tutti Frutti" on DVD, brings back memories of the 80s :D:D

Esther

Queen Black Acid
I've been drinking hot chocolate with marshmallows almost every day for a week. Sounds a little strange for the end of August/beginning of September... but it is actually SO chilly where I am!

I've been drinking hot chocolate with marshmallows almost every day for a week. Sounds a little strange for the end of August/beginning of September... but it is actually SO chilly where I am!
hahaah..so have i..but i work in a very cold office:p

BoostChub

Shooting, fishing, camping..the great outdoors. Now the hard part is finding a cool kat who digs the outdoors too! :bow:

occowboysfan94

Well my biggest kick is the gym I love hitting the weights but hate cardio

Some more kick's:

Driving late at night down PCH ( For the non californian's that's pacific coast highway) with my windows down and feeling that cool sea breaze.

This forum

Cutting my soda craze and replacing it with water.

Watching wipeout

OneHauteMama

Watching wipeout
LMAO me too...I absolutely love the peanut gallery comments. I laugh my ass off every time I watch it...

And am I the only sicko who loves it when people fall and scream...and then they instant replay it over and over again?? :rolleyes:

Reactions: Tad

Latest posts