What's your spirit of choice?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Sweetie

Where is the Love?
I've just gotten comfortable with a nice glass of Barefoot Pink Moscato. I'm not much of a drinker but I do enjoy a glass of BPM on occasion. :D What's your favorite drink? :)

dharmabean

♥ ɢrÃ¥тıтuɗɛ
Bloody Mary
Creamscicle (orange juice and whipped cream vodka)

Wine:
Chateau St. Michelle's Johannesburg Riesling.

penguin

Fnord
DimensionsModel
I like vodka, mixed with various soft drinks (Coke or lemonade - what we call lemonade, anyway, like Sprite) or I drink wine. I used to be all about the reds but now I'm about the whites, and tend to have sav blancs. Mostly because a friend of mine gives me them from time to time :p

Gingembre

radar detector
- Rioja or Cabernet Sauvignon if it's a wine night
- Gin, preferably Tanqueray, but Gordon's will do, with soda water & fresh lime
- Dark rum, ideally Kracken, Captain Morgan or Lambs Navy with diet coke or ginger beer

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
I've always enjoyed spirits, but over the last few years I've had to give up on beer and wine (digestive reasons :( ) so I've had to rely on spirits when I was a drink of alcohol. I also like variety, so not just one favorite.....

- in hot weather, ruby red grapefruit juice with (Jamesons) Irish Whisky
- in cold weather, earl grey tea (not too strong) with an ounce each of amaretto and grand marnier, to make blueberry tea (yes, it somehow comes out smelling rather like blueberries--very odd when you consider the ingredients!)
- Irish Whiskey or a nice amber rum (pref. Barbadian, especially Mount Gay but Cockspur is good too) in coffee
- of course Irish cream in coffee
- hot chocolate with any of irish whiskey, amber rum, peppermint schnapps, brandy....
- gin and tonic, or gin and cranberry juice and tonic (for gin I'll prefer Bombay Sapphire)
- a nice peaty scotch with just a little cold water in it.

I guess if I were to be allowed only one spirit I'd go with Mount Gay Barbadian amber rum....I'll happily sip it on its own, or mix it with all sorts of things. Irish Whiskey would run a close second.

(despite all of the above, I don't actually drink all that much, maybe 2 or 3 drinks in a week most typically....but I really enjoy them when I do have them.)

BigBrwnSugar1

My preference is Ketel One vodka martini, up, with olives..............is it 5:00pm yet?

Vanilla Gorilla

Big. Hairy. Me.
Jameson
Patron
Appleton Estate
Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum

Mojito
Margarita
Bloody Marry
Old School Daiquiris
Pina Colada (yes I like umbrella drinks even though I look funny drinking them)

Gewürztraminer
Riesling

Guinness
PBR

... damn looks like I have a problem

Vanilla Gorilla

Big. Hairy. Me.
I got hooked on Rattlesnake bites when I lived in Arizona ... pretty rough drink but hey after about 7 or 8 it really doesn't matter. :D

Sweetie

Where is the Love?
I've always enjoyed spirits, but over the last few years I've had to give up on beer and wine (digestive reasons :( ) so I've had to rely on spirits when I was a drink of alcohol. I also like variety, so not just one favorite.....

- in hot weather, ruby red grapefruit juice with (Jamesons) Irish Whisky
- in cold weather, earl grey tea (not too strong) with an ounce each of amaretto and grand marnier, to make blueberry tea (yes, it somehow comes out smelling rather like blueberries--very odd when you consider the ingredients!)
- Irish Whiskey or a nice amber rum (pref. Barbadian, especially Mount Gay but Cockspur is good too) in coffee
- of course Irish cream in coffee
- hot chocolate with any of irish whiskey, amber rum, peppermint schnapps, brandy....
- gin and tonic, or gin and cranberry juice and tonic (for gin I'll prefer Bombay Sapphire)
- a nice peaty scotch with just a little cold water in it.

I guess if I were to be allowed only one spirit I'd go with Mount Gay Barbadian amber rum....I'll happily sip it on its own, or mix it with all sorts of things. Irish Whiskey would run a close second.

(despite all of the above, I don't actually drink all that much, maybe 2 or 3 drinks in a week most typically....but I really enjoy them when I do have them.)

Oh Tad...you are so creative. I'm thinking I might try a few of those concoctions! :D

Marlayna

Absolute and orange, 3 is my limit, by 4 I'm kissing strangers. I rarely drink.:p

Librarygirl

I rarely drink and no longer pretend to like wine. So if I'm having a drink I go straight to the spirits! Which as my recent lunchtime drinking proved, is not always a good idea....My assistant at work now knows why I don't drink often after having to spend an afternoon with me giggling with our flirty Spanish reader.

I do like a nice vodka (with tonic) or a rum and coke. Vodka has been my drink ever since a trip to Russia, where it was served neat, or if you wanted anything with it, bitter lemon (not to be recommended, lol!).

Cherry brandy has nostalgia value from teenage carol singing trips.

Tad - loving the sound of those hot chocolates. Its below freezing here and I could drink one now!:)

bbwlibrarian

possibly revolutionary
I always like a good craft beer, champagne, or the cider that one of my local wineries makes.

As for actual spirits (not wine/beer), I always enjoy Kentucky Bourbon & Coke, especially Maker's Mark or Woodford Reserve. I know that it shouldn't matter if I'm dousing it with soda, but it actually does make a difference.

Oh, and if I could drink more than I do, I'd have a love affair with Chambord.

dharmabean

♥ ɢrÃ¥тıтuɗɛ
How could I even forget.. Beer/Ale wise, I only drink one. It took me two months to get our store to stock it. Now, a lot of people in town like it, and the store only carries 3 six packs at a time. BASTARDS. I have to get there the day it stocks, or I lose out.

I'm trying to get the bar to stock it too.

This Shit is the Bomb

angry_article1.jpg

Your Plump Princess

Just dancing with shadows
Honestly, I just love me some Cheap Wine. :p Like, Boonesfarm cheap.

my favorite mixed drinks are the "Summer Hummer", Jack n Coke, and UV Blue n Lemonade.

...My biggest alcoholic weakness though, are Jello shots. I've never been drunk but I highly suspect if I ever do get shnockered [sp?] it will be off Jello shots. Bwuaha :D

Oh, and at my family gatherings, we have something called "Juice" ..which is Peach Schnapps and 7 Up. Very close runner up to "top favorite" I'd say.

150% Tastiest thing I've ever had though was a shot called a Skittles Shot.
Tasted JUST like Skittles. Freaking incredible. I could've been a very sick person had I gone out with enough money, they were THAT good.

Gingembre

radar detector
150% Tastiest thing I've ever had though was a shot called a Skittles Shot.
Tasted JUST like Skittles. Freaking incredible. I could've been a very sick person had I gone out with enough money, they were THAT good.

You can make skittle flavoured vodka by adding a bag of skittles to a bottle of vodka and leaving it to dissolve. It's a prettier colour if you take the green ones out!

Latest posts