When a man...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Letiahna

..in search of sunrise..
When a man claims to love 'curves' on a woman, what exactly is he referring to???

I get the distinct impression that the only 'acceptable' curves are T & A! Or am I wrong in my impressions?

Wagimawr

Depends on the guy.

Best to clarify, (y'know, ask HIM), cause he may mean just boobs, he may mean just hips, or he may mean that he likes curves all over. The extent to which he likes curves (i.e., the line between sexy/curvy/yay, and FAT/yikes) is probably the most important. If you are fortunate enough to find out that "fat" and "yikes/eww/man the harpoons/etc" are not two concepts inexorably linked in his brain, then you probably stand a chance of having found a FA.

Jes

is oddly aroused
based on the fact that most references to curves that I have seen are then followed quickly by: not fat or bbw! i'm saying: a guy who likes a woman that looks typically woman-like, and not catwalk model-like. Which isn't to say those women aren't women, but they're hardly representative of the average woman.

Shosh

Susannah
Hey Leti, I think that each man would have a different idea of what he personally finds attractive in terms of curvage etc. Main thing is that you are a beautiful girl, and you should use what you have to its full extent.;) :D
Susannah

Jes

is oddly aroused
righhht, but it's not really about that, I think. It's about making your best guess as to a man's preference in dealing with that man, I assume. A post, a personal ad, something like that. Am i wrong, L? We can all love ourselves as much as we want, but thinking a man might be an FA and mistaking the cues sucks.

Letiahna

..in search of sunrise..
Wagimawr: I'm still waiting to meet that ever-elusive FA ;) I haven't given up hope yet :)

Jes: Well, in that case, I guess I don't have curves, I have a racetrack! LOL

Susannah: You are so sweet! Thank you :)

I like me just fine. I think I've been blessed with 'okay' looks and more than average brains. I guess I'm just looking forward to meeting a man who'll think the same ;) and that I can feel the same about.

Letiahna

..in search of sunrise..
righhht, but it's not really about that, I think. It's about making your best guess as to a man's preference in dealing with that man, I assume. A post, a personal ad, something like that. Am i wrong, L? We can all love ourselves as much as we want, but thinking a man might be an FA and mistaking the cues sucks.
Jes, I learned real quick never to assume anything. But, yes, this is in context of men's online profiles, etc.

boogiebomb

I've never met a guy who says he likes curves and dates catwalk models. When a guy says he likes curves, he means curves. I'm not saying he means fat women, but curves. More often than not, at least with all the guys I've known, it varies from say Beyonce to Mo'nique. Some like J-lo. I do agree with Wagimawr, it's always best to ask.

Letiahna

..in search of sunrise..
I've never met a guy who says he likes curves and dates catwalk models. When a guy says he likes curves, he means curves. I'm not saying he means fat women, but curves. More often than not, at least with all the guys I've known, it varies from say Beyonce to Mo'nique. Some like J-lo. I do agree with Wagimawr, it's always best to ask.
So I don't have curves???? :eek:

stan_der_man

The Teflon Frog
I think the general term "curves" means a larger figure no matter what the shape. Anything that is plump is curved somewhere. Like Wagimawr said, each guy has a preference as to where their favorite "curves" are, so asking them is the only way to know. Curves really can be anywhere. Soft round arms or shoulders, a plump neck, love handles, bellies... you name it, big girls have them all over.

Stan

wistful

I'm assuming that we are talking about personal ads here or guys stating their preferences on-line....In my experience when most guys say they like curves it doesn't necessarily mean they like bbws.In personal ad speak,it tends to often mean that they don't like the ultra thin women that are held up as the ideal in this culture but rather women who are averaged sized or perhaps even on the fleshy side.When a guy prefers a bigger woman he will usually find a way to state it(bbws,big girls..etc) so there is no confusion as to his preferences.Of course I'm sure there are exceptions!

Tracyarts

To my Sweetie, "curves" apparently means anything which makes a woman look softer and rounder than a man.

Doesn't matter if she is thin, average, plump, or fat. If she is built at all like a woman, then she has "curves" and they are nice. ;)

Tracy

pudgy

Dazed
When I've told my guy-friends about being an FA, they say, "Oh hell yeah, I like curves." I raise my eyebrow and I have them point out an example. There example then proves that they are more into a large bust or maybe an ample rear-end, but still a fairly thin woman.

For the real FA's I've known, curves simply refers to either the entirity of the woman or the body part of their preference. You may have heard of butt-guys, boob-guys, leg-guys. In FA-land this soon extends to just about any body part that can get chubby: feet, face, arm, fingers...just about anything, obviously. Thus saying they like curves could mean anything.

For myself, when I say I like curves, I mean large curves and I mean curves that are everywhere.

Sorry, this probably only confuses you more. I guess my point is that saying "I like curves" is like saying "I like clothes." Well, sure, but what kind is the quesiton.

Letiahna

..in search of sunrise..
Thank you all for your responses. I love pudgy's comment and I think I'm going to use that from now on! :D

"I like curves" is like saying "I like clothes." Well, sure, but what kind is the quesiton.

Jes

is oddly aroused
I'm assuming that we are talking about personal ads here or guys stating their preferences on-line....In my experience when most guys say they like curves it doesn't necessarily mean they like bbws.In personal ad speak,it tends to often mean that they don't like the ultra thin women that are held up as the ideal in this culture but rather women who are averaged sized or perhaps even on the fleshy side.When a guy prefers a bigger woman he will usually find a way to state it(bbws,big girls..etc) so there is no confusion as to his preferences.Of course I'm sure there are exceptions!
good job explaining what i was trying to explain. this has been my experience too, and as I said, damn near every craigslist ad i've seen (as an example) read: I like curves, but not fat chicks and no BBWs!
It's good to know your target audience.

CTAnonymousCT

Repressed Orator
When a man claims to love 'curves' on a woman, what exactly is he referring to???

I get the distinct impression that the only 'acceptable' curves are T & A! Or am I wrong in my impressions?
I can only speak for myself, I like a full-figured women, Size is less important to me than shape. I prefer an hour glass shape ( a nice large hourglass tyvm). Some guys are apple bottom guys or pear shaped lovers, I love the hour glass...

As for curves, I have no desire at all for skinny women, I know that sounds harsh but its true. under a size 12 and I wont even look. Or if I do, I think she needs to eat something. LOL

Full thighs, large breasts and nice cooly, and a gorgeous face..Thats all I look for...That too much to ask for? I guess I like "Zaftig" women..As Dictionary.com puts it
zaf·tig /ˈzɑftɪk, -tɪg/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[zahf-tik, -tig] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective Slang.
1. (of a woman) having a pleasantly plump figure.
2. full-bodied; well-proportioned.

Keep it Real! :cool:

Shosh

Susannah
good job explaining what i was trying to explain. this has been my experience too, and as I said, damn near every craigslist ad i've seen (as an example) read: I like curves, but not fat chicks and no BBWs!
It's good to know your target audience.
Hey Jes, Have you heard of the dating site Lava life? The guys there often write " No fat chicks"!!!!:eek: Susannah

Letiahna

..in search of sunrise..
I'll make sure I stay away from Lava Life :mad:

Again, thank you very much to all that replied ;)

Jes

is oddly aroused
Hey Jes, Have you heard of the dating site Lava life? The guys there often write " No fat chicks"!!!!:eek: Susannah
Every dating site has its share of No fat chicks! posts. Every one.

In the gay (male) community, that's often shortened to just NO FATTIES!

Latest posts