• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

When being soft makes life hard?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
I was at the dentist this morning, and it occurred to me that while there is typically ten or so people in the waiting room at 8am, I never see anyone any fatter than I am (and I’m not particularly fat). And I’ve been going to this dental practice for ten years. Really strange coincidence, or could it be that this practice isn’t all that fat friendly, and larger patients tend to migrate elsewhere?

Which got me thinking (I had time to kill while the hygienist was doing her stuff). I’ve heard quite a bit of the issues that BBW face with fitting into chairs in various locations, so am pretty aware how much many struggle with theatre seats, airlines, even waiting room chairs. Occasionally will see a BHM mentioning the need for a seat belt extender, or mutters about finding clothes that fit well. Around here we have probably all seen stories of people going to the doctor because of a bad throat infection and being told they should lose weight, as if they were somehow connected.

But outside of doctors, I don’t think that there has been a lot of discussion of where BHM are apt to face size difficulties or where/when they feel they are facing discrimination?

So throwing the floor open. How/where/when does your size make life more challenging, and while we are at it which of those things do you think are active discrimination, and which are people people just being lazy or not thinking about the size and limits larger bodies?

Latest posts

Back