When did your apron drop?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

noraliz73

I am 5’10 and weigh 305 at the current time. I have a double belly that I can see will eventually become an apron. I have really been longing for this. I’m kind of curious, how big do I probably need to get for my apron to really drop down and start covering the front of my thighs. I have read people in forums saying their apron dropped when they got to a certain size.

Donna

Definitely NOT Jolly
Wouldn't that depend on the type of body fat in the lower tummy area and overall fat distribution more so than an actual number on the scale? Flabby fat is going to hang lower in that region than the hard compacted almost distended belly a lot of fat people develop. I'm pretty much flabby/jiggly fat all over and I've had an obvious pannus (belly apron) since high school, when I weighed around two hundred pounds (I'm 5'2".)

tracii 4591

It depends on the person so no relative number.
When I started gaining on purpose I always had a hard round belly that would stick out.
Lost weight and regained it and it was really flabby and I had developed a pannus.
I had always dreamed about getting fat enough to have a belly apron.
I admit not something most women dream of having.
At 425 it was rather large

Attachments

• 045 (500x375).jpg
    045 (500x375).jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 32

LJ Rock

As with so many things regarding our bodies, it mostly depends on the individual. My suspicion is it probably has more to do with age and the elasticity of the skin. As time goes on gravity starts taking a toll on all of us, so as we get older everything starts sagging more and more - including the belly. I'm still pretty round, but my modestly large beer-belly is starting to droop down a bit more than it used to. 🍻

SSBHM

I agree, all depends on your individual body type. I hope you just enjoy the journey and know it is admired and appreciated by some of us guys - a lot!

SSBHM

I am 5’10 and weigh 305 at the current time. I have a double belly that I can see will eventually become an apron. I have really been longing for this. I’m kind of curious, how big do I probably need to get for my apron to really drop down and start covering the front of my thighs. I have read people in forums saying their apron dropped when they got to a certain size.
Generally speaking at your height you really aren't likely that big yet. Just enjoy indulging and it will happen, but I would imagine you have a weighs to go.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I'm curious what you guys consider to be an apron belly, honestly. Because I'm guessing that you mean something more than just that it hangs down/folds over a little at the bottom?

SSBHM

When I started gaining on purpose I always had a hard round belly that would stick out.
Lost weight and regained it and it was really flabby and I had developed a pannus.
You seem special, just had to say so.

Donna

Definitely NOT Jolly
I'm curious what you guys consider to be an apron belly, honestly. Because I'm guessing that you mean something more than just that it hangs down/folds over a little at the bottom?

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me an apron belly, also known as a mother's apron or stomach pannus, hangs lower than just a little pooch. Mine hangs just a little over halfway to my knees now, extra weight and gravity having done their thing, but I didn't really notice mine until it was low enough to cover my fupa and other lady bits.

I looked up the technical definition and this is what Google had to say, "Also known as a pannus stomach or mother's apron, apron belly occurs when the belly and fat surrounding the internal organs expands due to weight gain or pregnancy, resulting in additional fat deposits in the omentum (an apron-like flap under your abdominal muscles and in front of your intestines.)"

Here's a visual example:
ApronExample.jpg

TimTim

You’re on a gravy train with biscuit wheels.
I still have a lot of work to do on mine.

Attachments

• 3D3647DF-F84C-441C-ACBF-53F68CE84153.jpeg
    3D3647DF-F84C-441C-ACBF-53F68CE84153.jpeg
    42.4 KB · Views: 2
I can't speak for anyone else, but for me an apron belly, also known as a mother's apron or stomach pannus, hangs lower than just a little pooch. Mine hangs just a little over halfway to my knees now, extra weight and gravity having done their thing, but I didn't really notice mine until it was low enough to cover my fupa and other lady bits.

I looked up the technical definition and this is what Google had to say, "Also known as a pannus stomach or mother's apron, apron belly occurs when the belly and fat surrounding the internal organs expands due to weight gain or pregnancy, resulting in additional fat deposits in the omentum (an apron-like flap under your abdominal muscles and in front of your intestines.)"

Here's a visual example:
View attachment 151020

Oh, my goodness -- bless you and thank you for this! :)

Yes. Lost and regained weight tends to be much flabbier, thus "the plunge."

kilo riley

At about 400 lbs (I'm 5'5). My highest weight was 450 and my belly apron is halfway between my knees and groin. When I lose weight I lose it from other places.

Latest posts