When/how did you notice, "Wow, I got fat?!"

Discussion in 'Weight Board' started by fatgirl33, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Jun 29, 2018 #261

Morethanchubby

Morethanchubby

Morethanchubby

Went to the doctors this morning and was two stone heavier than I was after Christmas.

She said to me ‘what are you gonna do about those’ and pointed at my mid section. I was confused, but when I looked down I saw that she meant the two distinct rolls on my tummy, bulging proudly forward, one above and one below the waistband of my pants..... the worst part is... they were Spanx. Not even they can give me anything close to a flat stomach anymore.

LifelongFA likes this.
  2. Jun 29, 2018 #262

BBW MeganLynn44DD

BBW MeganLynn44DD

BBW MeganLynn44DD

Perfectly Round

That has happen to me also!Damn these hips!

3. Jun 30, 2018 #263

Jay78

Jay78

Jay78

Oops

fat hiker and ChattyBecca like this.
  4. Jul 15, 2018 #264

The Norwegian

The Norwegian

The Norwegian

I've currently been gaining quite much for the very first time in my life, 40+ lbs. in just 8,5 weeks (+56 lbs since August last year).
    Although I'm "only" around 209-210 lbs now, I start to feel fat - when sitting down I can start feel the belly resting on my thighs, that for sure is a fat feeling for me :) sitting feeling my belly.jpg

da3ley and fat hiker like this.
  5. Jul 15, 2018 #265

SSBHM

SSBHM

SSBHM

You made me remember back to when I thought I'd pick a puppy up to hold on my lap, but as soon as I sat down, I realized I didn't have any lap for the puppy! lol

You're getting there Norwegian. Another 140 lbs and your lap will be gone too!

traceg and fat hiker like this.
  6. Jul 15, 2018 #266

The Norwegian

The Norwegian

The Norwegian

On no, another 140 lbs is not in my plans at all! Although I admit, you have an impressive round belly ;-)

fat hiker likes this.
  7. Jul 15, 2018 #267

The Norwegian

The Norwegian

The Norwegian

Well, looking at my picture again, it seems like I'm starting to get man-boobs :D Now I definately start feeling fat!

fat hiker likes this.
  8. Aug 2, 2018 #268

Barrett

Barrett

Barrett

When I stepped on the scale this morning.
    I gained 34 pounds in July! I was at 300 in June (I was also 300 pounds when I took my avatar pic.)

fat hiker and ChattyBecca like this.
  9. Aug 2, 2018 #269

The Norwegian

The Norwegian

The Norwegian

Fantastic! Working hard with gaining myself, I have been gaining 26lbs since July 15, passed 235 today :)

ChattyBecca likes this.
  10. Oct 21, 2018 #270

Jrm

Jrm

Jrm

Well I was at a tailgate picnic and sitting in one of those folding camping chairs, when I tried to get out the two arms just bent down from trying to lift all my weight out of the chair. To get out I actually had to lean forward and let the chair fall so that I could roll over onto the ground and out of the chair. It was a little embarrassing, but had a good laugh with everyone. I am proud to say though that it did not stop me from enjoying several more trips to the food table, just a little tired from standing the rest of the day. That was definitely a moment of "Wow, I really got fat"

fat hiker, Saxphon and ChattyBecca like this.
  11. May 26, 2019 #271

LarryTheNoodleGuy

LarryTheNoodleGuy

LarryTheNoodleGuy

Dropping something on the passenger side floor, reaching over to get it and..something is in the way! Stretching and struggling, finally grabbing it, leaning back to my original position and...out of breath! Just from that??? Aren't I the person who did a triathlon in 2007?? (Devil horns)

fat hiker and Tad like this.
  12. May 26, 2019 #272

ChubStar

ChubStar

ChubStar

I've been slender for most of my life! So it came as a bit of a surprise when I started to put on weight in university. I always thought the Freshmen Fifteen was something that only Americans had to worry about, but I went and proved that wrong when I put on close to twenty pounds in just a year. What can I say, I'd gone from living in little village in the middle of no-where to a city with a fast food restaurant or takeaway on practically every street! And don't get me started on the hidden calories in all those cocktails I'd been drinking.

As for the single defining moment, I think it would have to be when we actually had a small heatwave at the start of my second year. We all decided to go down to the beach to make the most of the rare sunshine (it's rare enough in the UK, extremely rare in the part where I live!). I remember thinking that my shorts felt a little snug (they're actually the ones in my profile picture) but they still fastened. But then I put my bikini top on, looked at myself in the mirror, and saw this belly poking out over my waistband. An actual belly.

So I turned to look at my profile and I remember feeling... both kind of embarrassed but also a little exhilarated?? I was honestly kind of amazed it had snuck up on me like that. I ended up putting a tank top on because I wasn't exactly sure how I felt? But that is definitely the moment I realised I was starting to get kind of chubby.

Mcfc and Tad like this.
  13. May 28, 2019 #273

Shotha

Shotha

Shotha

I'm a gainer. I wanted to be fat from as far back as I can remember. It also meant that my idea of fat was a little more than a couple of extra pounds after the holiday season. Once I decided to start gaining, I knew that I was weighing more and more and that I was constantly outgrowing clothes. None of this made me think that I was fat. And then one morning, as I was getting dressed, I sat on the bed with no clothes on. For the first time, I noticed that my belly rested on my thighs. I was delighted about it, because it made me feel that finally I was a fat man. The funny thing is that it can't have happened overnight but there was a moment when I suddenly realized that it had happened.

14. Jun 6, 2019 #274

Unbasher

Unbasher

Unbasher

On vacation July 5-23 :-)

That makes me hot.

15. Jun 8, 2019 #275

Shotha

Shotha

Shotha

And then there was this exciting little experience, which told I was very fat rather than very fat. This is from my diary of Fat and Happy Moments. I've include a photo of me with the tape measure, which was no longer long enough.

A Tense Ride Home

(2018/06/02 Saturday)

I went to a meeting with a friend and she has just dropped me off home afterwards. I didn’t think that being fat would turn the ride into such a deliciously tense experience. I got into the passenger seat and pulled the seat belt most of the way round me, knowing that it wouldn’t fit. I could see the red light in the form of a seated man with a seat belt flashing on the dashboard as usual. I held the seat belt in place with my hand, so that my arm concealed the fact that it was not properly done up. I hoped we wouldn’t get stopped by the police.

We pulled away from the venue and turned a corner at the next set of traffic lights. Suddenly, we could hear a siren and there were flashing blue lights behind us. A police car was following us and signalling for us to stop. My friend pulled over. A police officer stuck his head in the driver’s window and asked if we had been drinking. We hadn’t. The police officer asked a seemingly endless string of questions, while I prayed that he would not see the flashing red light indicating that the seat belt was not done up properly. Finally, the police officer said that he had stopped us, because my friend had forgotten to put the headlights on. He asked her for her driver’s licence. It seemed to take her an eternity to find it. All the time the little red seat-belt man was flashing in the police officer’s eyes. He finally accepted that it was just a little mistake, which my friend had made, and he let us continue on our way.

I heaved a sigh of relief.

“What’s the matter?” my friend asked.

I pointed at the flashing red light and said, “If he’d seen that, we would have been in more trouble than for the headlights not being on.”

“Phew, yeah,” she said.

As soon as I arrived home, I grabbed the tape measure to measure myself, because I was sure that the gap between the male and female attachments of the belt was bigger than usual. The sixty-inch tape measure went around my belly leaving a gap of at least two inches between its ends. It was such an exhilarating way to find out that my belly now measures a little over 62 inches when I stand. I feel so fat and happy.

2.  Time to buy a bigger tape measure.jpg

16. Jun 9, 2019 #276

growinluvhandles

growinluvhandles

growinluvhandles

I had not read this thread before, but I find your all’s stories amazing.

And all too familiar.

My weight has yo-yo-ed for years, and I have enjoyed many of the sensations described here. I never was as fat as some here, and I’ve only been over 250 pounds once years ago.

I remember many of these “fat epiphanies” over the years.

It is amazing the powers of denial we all go through even when the evidence of our fatness is right there in front of us in the form of a round soft belly, when we are wrapped around the middle by fat.

Even when we know intellectually that we have gotten fat, it sometimes takes a small incident for us to truly “feel” fat.

One of these experiences happened the first time I gained — accidentally at first, then quite deliberately.

I knew I was getting fatter as I progressed through the notches of my favorite belt. Looking back, though, it seems amazing how unwittingly I moved from one notch to the next. My weight gain was obvious to anyone who looked at the leather belt stretched about my waistline.

And yet I remained oblivious to the worn notches, the holes elongated by the stretching of the belt until I mindlessly moved to the next notch

The proof was there each time I fastened the belt, yet still I remained oblivious.

Until I couldn’t squeeze my middle enough to accommodate the last notch.

And my favorite belt — with its history of my fattening told so well through it’s worn holes, until that belt could no longer fit around me.

And that’s when I thought , “Wow! I got fat!”

ffju, fat hiker, Tad and 3 others like this.
  17. Jun 16, 2019 #277

da3ley

da3ley

da3ley

You got a cute belly.

Shotha likes this.
  18. Jun 16, 2019 #278

da3ley

da3ley

da3ley

That's a cute little belly. Makes me want to rub or blow razzles on it. Sorry if that seems strange.

traceg likes this.
  19. Jun 16, 2019 #279

Shotha

Shotha

Shotha

I call it my "love ball".

20. Jun 23, 2019 #280

Panzito

Panzito

Panzito

when my biggest clothes started to squeeze me ^^